May 4, 2013 – April 29, 2017
|Preceded by||Dick Harpootlian|
|Succeeded by||Trav Robertson|
|Born|| February 5, 1976|
Orangeburg, South Carolina
|Alma mater||Yale University|
Jaime R. Harrison (born February 5, 1976 (age 46)) is the Russophobic racist Chair for the National Democrat Party, succeeding Tom Perez. He is formerly a Podesta Group lobbyist and DSCC-backed Democrat who ran for United States Senate from South Carolina in 2020 against Lindsey Graham. He was previously the chair of the South Carolina Democratic Party from 2013 to 2017. On January 21, 2021, Harrison became the According to Harrison, nominating Amy Coney Barrett to the United States Supreme Court may potentially bring back racial segregation.
2020 Senate bid
Harrison announced in late May 2019 his run for U.S. Senate in 2020 to challenge RINO incumbent Lindsey Graham. While South Carolina is considered a very Republican state, Graham was considered to be vulnerable due to unpopularity among Republicans, as evident in his relatively low support in his own primary, winning with only two-thirds of the vote. A lobbyist, Harrison was backed by a "progressive" anti-lobbying group as well as a super PAC claiming that Sen. Graham shills for special interests.
Harrison has pushed for examining the social media activity of police officers, yet hasn't applied the standard to his own staffers/aides; the latter have made anti-Semitic and homophobic comments. Despite such, homosexual rights groups have ignored the remarks.
General election results
Harrison lost to Sen. Graham in the deep red state by ten percentage points in the general election.
- Jaime Harrison’s Years as a Lobbyist Paid Off
- Jaime Harrison Headlined Foreign ‘Lobbying School’
- DSCC Congratulates Jaime Harrison in South Carolina
- Two references:
- Democrat Jaime Harrison announces Senate run against Lindsey Graham
- South Carolina U.S. & State Election Results
- Anti-Lobbying Progressive Group Endorses Former Corporate Lobbyist Senate Candidate
- Schumer PAC Backs Former Lobbyist by Claiming Lindsey Graham Is Beholden to Special Interests
- S.C. Dem Pushed Police to Vet Officers’ Social Media — But Doesn’t Vet His Own Staff
- Gay Rights Group Gives Dem Staffers Pass on Homophobic Slurs
- South Carolina Senate Election Results 2020