Omar is known for her Anti-Semitism, insensitive and mocking remarks about Christians, and homophobic comments directed against colleagues. Omar claims Israel has hypnotized the planet, and she denies it is a democracy, comparing it to Iran. Despite this, Democrats gave her a seat on the House Foreign Policy Committee. In January 2019, she endorsed the autocratic strongman Nicolás Maduro and shared a propaganda video from his government. While opposing sanctions on Venezuela, Omar supports those sanctions on Israel.
Omar claims congressional support for Israel is "All about the Benjamins baby," a reference to the Ben Franklin $100 bill, implying members of congress are paid off by AIPAC.
- Pollak, Joel B. (December 15, 2018). Ilhan Omar Trolls Mike Pence: ‘Jesus Take the Wheel’. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 16, 2018.
- https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrat-ilhan-omar-accused-of-breathtaking-bigotry-after -saying-lindsey-graham-is-compromised.amp
- Pollak, Joel B. (January 28, 2019). ZOA Slams ADL for Accepting Ilhan Omar’s Non-Apology for Antisemitic Rhetoric. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Mikelionis, Lukas (January 31, 2019). Rep. Ilhan Omar slammed for saying she 'chuckles' when Israel is called a democracy, compares it to Iran. Fox News. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Tapscott, Mark (January 21, 2019). GOP Punishes Steve King, Anti-Semitic Dem Gets Choice Committee. The Epoch Times. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- Adams, Becket (January 26, 2019). Rep. Omar backs Maduro regime, shares state-run propaganda on social media. Washington Examiner. Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- Pollak, Joel B. (January 28, 2019). Ilhan Omar Opposes Sanctions on Venezuela — But Wants Them on Israel. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 29, 2019.