Tacoma suicide bomber attack
The 2019 Tacoma suicide bomber attack occurred when an Antifa domestic terrorist with an assault rifle firebombed a federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility housing hundreds of children with a massive explosion in Tacoma, Washington; The attacker was shot and killed by police. He also burnt a car and was attempting to ignite a large external propane tank. The attack occurred after Sen. Kamala Harris likened ICE agents to the Ku Klux Klan and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez claimed the United States was running concentration camps and forcing detainees to drink toilet water. Several other prominent Democrats and their leaders calling for eradication of ICE and open borders. Democrat Speaker Nancy Pelosi had urged uprisings across America in response to Trump administration immigration policies.
The attacker later was identified as having attended Antifa black shirt protests. The suicide bomber left behind a manifesto with a call to arms. Anti-ICE protestors and other left-wing activists praised the attacker for his violent actions.
Willem Van Spronsen, 69, sent a manifesto to friends the day before the assault in which he wrote, "I am Antifa," and was lionized as a "martyr" by Antifa on its Facebook and called on others to avenge his death. Spronsen appears to have been part of a May 5, 2019 episode of CNN’s United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell. The heavily promoted show featured Bell explaining the “Redneck Revolt,” which Bell identified as gun-toting liberals who defend the Second Amendment and seek to battle the “alt-right” and neo-Nazis. Bell called them “good guys,” going to a gun range with members and even questioning why “more white people” don’t share their viewpoints.
When grilled about the incidents by The Rebel Media, members of the Squad Reps. Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Elmi Omar, and Ayanna Pressley all refused to condemn the violence, or to even speak to the camera, before walking away. Omar was later caught laughing on-camera about the questions she was asked as she stepped into a van with AOC and their handlers before driving away, demonstrating her refusal to take the issue seriously.
- Armed Activist Hurling Molotov Cocktails at ICE Facility Shot Killed by Police
- Dinan, Stephen (August 16, 2019). ICE attack: Dramatic video captures exchange of gunfire that left anti-ICE attacker dead. The Washington Times. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- Giaritelli, Anna (August 16, 2019). Video shows car set ablaze by alleged Antifa shooter in attack on ICE detention center. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- Cheong, Ian Miles (July 14, 2019). ICE Detention Center Attacker Was Antifa Activist. Human Events. Retrieved July 15, 2019.
- Murphy, James (July 15, 2019). Antifa-linked Terrorist Shot by Police After Attacking Washington ICE Detention Center. The New American. Retrieved July 15, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (July 15, 2019). Tacoma ICE Attacker Urges Leftists to Ignore Laws, Arm Themselves. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 15, 2019.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (July 16, 2019). Immigrant ICE Attacker Left Manifesto, Warned Antifa to Arm for War. The New American. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Price, Bob (July 14, 2019). Man Who Attempted to Blow Up Migrant Detention Center Praised by Some Anti-ICE Activists. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- Morton, Victor (July 15, 2019). Antifa lauds 'martyr' who attacked ICE detention center as manifesto circulates. The Washington Times. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- AOC, Ilhan Omar repeatedly REFUSE to condemn Antifa attack on ICE! at The Rebel Media YouTube channel
- AOC and the Socialist Squad Refuse to Condemn Antifa Terrorism at BlazeTV YouTube channel