The Deep State (or shadow government) refers to unelected bureaucrats and career staffers who actually control a government and its policies, rather than control by voters. In this shadow government, bureaucrats in government agencies and/or the armed forces, along with willing allies outside of actual government agencies (such as those in the mainstream media, political parties, lobbyists, consulting firms, and big business) are involved in the determination, control, and manipulation of government policy. These persons generally hold liberal, globalist, and anti-life worldviews, with their ultimate aim to establish a one-world government utopia. The Deep State is similar to the Administrative State and includes every entrenched federal agency, such as the massive FDA. Entrenched politicians who insist in staying in power, such as Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer, become allies of the Deep State over time.
While intelligence agencies and other national security-related agencies are considered to make up the bulk of the Deep State, the deep state is believed to exert very strong control over every government agency. The Senior Executive Service is a notable example of this, and some current and former generals of the military also serve as an example. Some nongovernmental organizations, such as the Council on Foreign Relations, Bilderberg group, and the Trilateral Commission, also serve as arms of the deep state and hold much sway over government policies. Also, contrary to what many people believe, a small number of people have almost total control over the world economy, and Wall Street interests along with a small number of wealthy left-wing globalist donors comprise the Deep State. An example of the work done by the Deep State is its misuse of FISA to obtain four different wiretaps to secretly record a former campaign adviser to candidate Donald Trump, Carter Page, based on false information and mere innuendo. The deep state also exists in the United Kingdom, among other locations.
In February 2017, U.S. President Donald Trump made public his fight with the intelligence community over allegations that Russian spy networks helped get him in power, leading to popular use of the term "deep state" to describe the entrenched government in Washington, D.C. The "deep state" reportedly hopes to obstruct and dismantle the Trump Administration, with NSA intelligence analyst John Schindler warning that a friend in the "intelligence community" told him that Trump "will die in jail."
- 1 The deep state opposes President Trump
- 2 Deep state and the mainstream media
- 3 Deep Events
- 4 Non-governmental deep state organizations
- 5 Quotes
- 6 See also
- 7 Further reading
- 8 References
The deep state opposes President Trump
Due to his promotion and support of conservative, America First policies, President Donald Trump faced large opposition from the left, including from within the government bureaucracy and establishment. Obama holdovers worked to block President Trump's agenda and continue liberal policies. The fact that members of the Deep State have grown visibly scared of reports stating such confirms this view.
Numerous government officials who resigned due to President Trump's actions subtly inserted anti-Trump messages into their resignation letters. The Trump Administration was the victim of numerous leaks of information, many of which threatened U.S. national security – it was reported in July 2017 that leaks occurred once a day on average, and Trump faced seven times more leaks than Obama or Bush II did. The Russia probe headed by Special Counsel and former FBI Director Robert Mueller was found to have hired investigators extremely biased against President Trump.
The deep state – including appointees handpicked by Trump – worked to undermine Trump's America First policies. This is seen by the Trump Administration's National Security Strategy, which globalist never Trumpers praised. The anti-Trump deep state was likely responsible for a press release by the Environmental Protection Agency which included criticism of a major executive order President Trump signed – something that governmental agencies never do when reporting on actions done by their officials. In the State Department, career officials who oftentimes openly oppose the president's agenda have tried to destroy the reputations of effective pro-Trump political appointees.
Former conservative National Security Council official Rich Higgins warned about the deep state, stating in a memo that "globalists, bankers, Islamists, and establishment Republicans" were seeking to undermine and eventually destroy Donald Trump's presidency – Higgins was fired because of the memo. Sebastian Gorka, a conservative who served as a national security advisor to President Trump, revealed several examples of the deep state at work trying to undermine Trump's conservative and nationalist agenda. Trump Administration officials have claimed the deep state "weaponized" the security clearance process to hurt them and the president's agenda.
The uniparty intelligence community opposed President Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of John Brennan, an anti-Trump commentator, with several former CIA chiefs signing a letter against the decision.
Some alternative media and former insiders claim that the constant leaks coming out of President Donald Trump's administration and thinly veiled threats on the part of the intelligence community, is further proof of the existence of a shadow government.
In early January, Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer appeared on The Rachel Maddow Show and suggested the intelligence community may try to get exact revenge on President Trump:
|“||Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you. So, even for a practical, supposedly, hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.||”|
According to Amanda Taub and Max Fisher from The New York Times, "deep state" is "where shadowy networks within government bureaucracies, often referred to as 'deep states,' undermine and coerce elected governments."
Bill Kristol, the prominent Republican analyst who founded The Weekly Standard, wrote on Twitter, "Obviously strongly prefer normal democratic and constitutional politics. But if it comes to it, prefer the deep state to the Trump state."
Nine days after the election, President-elect Trump was warned by NSA Director Adm. Mike Rogers of Obama's illegal surveillance on the Trump transition team. In early March 2017, President Trump went public with the information and announced that Obama had wiretapped his office in Trump Tower during the campaign. The leftist mainstream media accused him of having no evidence for that claim, even though they contradicted themselves through earlier reports and showed themselves to be hypocrites. President Trump requested Congress to investigate this.
On March 22, 2017, GOP U.S. Representative Devin Nunes revealed that some of the Trump Team's conversations had been spied upon. On March 29, 2017, Evelyn Farkas, the deputy assistant secretary of defense under Obama, admitted that the Obama Administration attempted to gather as much intelligence as possible on Trump's alleged ties to Russia after the 2016 election and that it tried to hide their intelligence sources from the Trump Administration. U.S. intelligence agencies had been investigating people in Trump's presidential campaign throughout the campaign season. According to a Fox News report, an unnamed but well-known and senior intelligence official not associated with the Federal Bureau of Investigation directed investigations attempting to unveil private Americans working with Trump's transition team.
The FISA warrant approved to surveil Carter Page in October 2016, labelling him as an "agent of a foreign power," granted the FBI the authority to apply the same extensive intrusions to anyone Carter Page had electronic (cell phone, text & email) communications with in the Trump transition team and Trump administration. The surveillance authority was in effect at least up to August 2017. Being that Special Counsel Robert Mueller was given unprecedented power by taking over a counterintelligence investigation, it is unknown if Mueller has FISA authority. Under the FISA Act, if an American citizen is labelled an "agent of a foreign power," their rights of due process and protections of the Fourth Amendment can be ignored. This appears to have happened to an inordinate number of Trump appointees, White House staffers, and even possibly Congressional Republicans.
Senate Intelligence CommitteeSundance of theconservativetreehouse.com has repeatedly stated a dictum:
“The most corrupt part of congress is the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI). The SSCI is the center of the deepest part of the Deep State swamp. The SSCI never, ever, E.V.E.R… does anything that does not protect and advance the self-interest of the corrupt Washington DC professional political class.”
Chairman Richard Burr and Vice-chairman Mark Warner represent the heart and soul of the Uniparty. This is evidenced by the SSCI report on John Brennan's January 6, 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment, alleging Russian intervention to aide Trump in the 2016 elections, contradicting Chairman Nunes and the House Intelligence Committees' year long investigation and report.
Vice President Joe Biden oversaw the disbursement of $1 billion allocated by the U.S. to the new government of Ukraine. In 2014, Biden's son Hunter Biden, was appointed to the board of directors of Burisma Holdings, the largest oil and gas company in Ukraine. Hunter Biden was hired by Mykola Zlochevsky, who served as Ukraine's ecology minister in the previous administration. Hunter Biden was paid $166,000 per month. The money was split with the nephew of Whitey Bulger.
Zlochevsky came under investigation by the new administration for alleged embezzlement of $5 billion while ecology minister. The prosecutor traced payments made to Hunter Biden. Vice President Biden threatened the new Ukrainian administration to withhold $1 billion in U.S. allocated funds unless the prosecutor investigating Hunter Biden was fired.Petro Poroshenko that the Obama administration would pull $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees, sending Ukraine toward insolvency, if it didn't immediately fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin who was investigating his son, Hunter. Biden recounted,
"'You’re not getting the billion'. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money'...Well, [SOB], he got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time."
Yuriy Lutsenko, who replaced Shokin as the prosecutor looking into Burisma, said the evidence in the Burisma case he'd like to present to William Barr, particularly the vice president's intervention.
Between April 2014 and October 2015, more than $3 million was paid out by Burisma to an account linked to Biden's and Devon Archer's Rosemont Seneca firm, according to the financial records placed in a federal court file in Manhattan in another case against Archer. The bank records show that, on most months when Burisma money flowed, two wire transfers of $83,333.33 each were sent to the Rosemont Seneca–connected account on the same day. The same Rosemont Seneca–linked account typically then paid Hunter Biden one or more payments ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 each. Ukrainian prosecutors reviewed internal company documents and wanted to interview Hunter Biden and Archer about why they had received such payments, but couldn't because of Joe Biden's intervention.
- See also: Biden Putsch
Chris Farrell of Judicial Watch wrote:
In one of the greatest public disinformation campaigns in American history -- the Left and their NeverTrumper allies (under the nom de guerre: "Transition Integrity Project") released a 22-page report in August 2020 "war gaming" (their term) four election crisis scenarios: 1. A decisive Trump win; 2. A decisive Biden win; 3. A narrow Biden win; and, 4. A period of extended uncertainty after the election. The outcome of each TIP scenario results in street violence and political impasse....[...]...Political intelligence information and public policy strategies are being fused through the actions of TIP. That synthesis is a demonstration of real political power, and it is being implemented in a written plan that contemplates street violence to affect the outcome of the US presidential election. The political power resourced and generated from a document like the TIP report can be used for persuasion (through news and social media), indoctrination (of activists and other "true believers"), and introduces the threat of terror and street violence (to the general population) as a "normal" or "expected" outcome.
Here is how the news and social media narrative is coming together and what you will see, hear and read in the next few weeks: "Yes, expect violence in the aftermath of the election, because now that is the new 'normal.' Trump made us do it. He made us take the election, because the old, regular system just cannot be relied upon. That's why we had to publish our report, so we could organize 'around' all of the regular processes. Obama promised 'fundamental transformation,' and now, years later – we're finally going to deliver."
According to a June 2017 Harvard-Harris poll, nearly 2/3rds of people believed that "there exists a campaign to delegitimize" President Trump, and 54% of people believed that the deep state "is trying to unseat President Trump using leaks of classified information."
According to a Monmouth University conducted in March 2018, 74% of Americans believe in the existence of a deep state.
Deep state and the mainstream media
- See also: Media-intelligence complex
The mainstream media has worked with the deep state intelligence agencies to promote fake news regarding the supposed Trump-Russia scandal. In July 2018, Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson praised the Deep State for undermining the actions of the Trump Administration and continuing to advance left-wing policies.
The assassination of US President John F. Kennedy, according to some in the alternative media, was actually a coup d'etat that escalated the Vietnam War for the military–industrial complex, but the Warren Commission (whose members were part of the deep state) found, and the mainstream media successfully presented it to the public as, that is was the work of a lone gunman devoid of deep state connections.
Non-governmental deep state organizations
While the U.S. federal government makes up much of the deep state, several non-governmental organizations exert a disproportionately large influence on governmental policy – both in the U.S. and around the world, pushing policy in a left-wing globalist direction. These deep state NGOs include:
Other organizations with similar goals and beliefs include the World Affairs Council, the Aspen Institute, Le Cercle, the Brookings Institution, the Club of Rome, the Atlantic Council, the World Economic Forum, and the World Government Summit.
- ¨Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.¨- Woodrow Wilson
- "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Administrative State
- Fake news
- Mainstream media and Donald Trump
- List of names in the Obamagate scandal
- Ukrainian collusion
- Deep state coup
- Media-intelligence complex
- Lawfare Group
- War on Sovereignty
- Oleg Deripaska
- Deep State Special Report: Pulling Strings From Behind The Scenes — The New American magazine, January 8, 2018, edition.
- Deep State in Action — The New American magazine, August 20, 2018, edition.
- Thompson, Arthur R. In the Shadows of the Deep State: A Century of Council on Foreign Relations Scheming for World Government. Appleton, WI: John Birch Society, 2018. (book review)
- The Cast of the Trump-Russia Collusion Hoax - Capital Research Center
- Another term for this is the "Permanent State" Hayward, John (August 31, 2017). Gorka: Trump Has Best Instincts, but Obama Holdovers Are ‘Massive Problem’. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 1, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (January 8, 2018). Deep State: Pulling Strings From Behind the Scenes. The New American. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- DeVine, Donald (October 3, 2019). Yes, the Deep State Really Does Exist. The American Conservative. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- Hanson, Victor Davis (November 21, 2019). Victor Davis Hanson: Fear of a deep state coup is not just right-wing paranoia. Fox News. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Newman, Alex (October 26, 2017). Deep State “Intelligence” Threatens Trump, Self-Government. The New American. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (January 8, 2018). Deep State: Underbelly of the Intelligence Community. The New American. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Newman, Alex (January 8, 2018). Deep State Bureaucracy vs. Trump, America, Constitution. The New American. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Newman, Alex (May 22, 2018). They Decide What Government Does. The New American. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- Wood, L. Todd (May 9, 2019). Foggy Bottom should be investigated too, for actions overseas. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 20, 2019.
- Jasper, William F. (December 20, 2018). Tarnished Brass: Deep State Militarists vs. Trump. The New American. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- Newman, Alex (January 8, 2018). Deep State Behind the Deep State: CFR, Trilaterals, Bilderbergs. The New American. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Newman, Alex (January 8, 2018). Deep State: Secret Societies: Skull and Bones, Bohemians, Illuminati. The New American. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Deep State Money Men: Rockefeller, Rothschild, Soros. The New American. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Vitali, Stefania; Glattfelder, James B.; Battiston, Stefano (October 26, 2011). The Network of Global Corporate Control. PLOS. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Lutz, Ashley (June 12, 2012). This Chart Shows The Bilderberg Group's Connection To Everything In The World. Business Insider. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- Newman, Alex (January 8, 2018). Deep State: Follow the Rothschild, Soros, and Rockefeller Money. The New American. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Delingpole, James (January 28, 2019). Delingpole: Britain’s Deep State Is a Bigger Threat Than Corbyn. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- US intel community 'ready to go nuclear' against Donald Trump over Russia ties, claims former NSA analyst
- Richardson, Valerie (November 26, 2019). Government workers more likely to support socialism, repealing Second Amendment: Poll. The Washington Times. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Singman, Brooke (January 31, 2017). Trump faces bureaucratic battle in implementing agenda. Fox News. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- Kurtz, Howard (February 3, 2017). The empire strikes back: Why Trump's private talks with foreign leaders were leaked. Fox News. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- Anderson, Troy (February 21, 2019). Trump vs. Deep State. The New American. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Starr, Penny (December 19, 2017). Federal Bureaucrats Continue to Advance Obama’s Agenda, Including Climate Change Promotion. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- Rogers, Brian (September 13, 2017). Obama holdovers are slowing Trump's agenda in key agencies. Washington Examiner. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- Gallington, Daniel (June 7, 2017). Loyalty matters. The Washington Times. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- Pollock, Richard; Barton, Ethan (August 14, 2017). EXCLUSIVE: Obama Holdovers Still In Dozens Of Key National Security Council Jobs. The Daily Caller. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- Garcia, Carlos (November 17, 2017). ICE union says Obama holdovers are sabotaging immigration enforcement, here’s how. The Blaze. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- POLITICO: Obama Admin Bureaucrats ‘Panicked’ by Breitbart Spotlight: Don’t Question Our Loyalty! Breitbart News. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- Pappas, Alex (August 23, 2017). Hiding secret anti-Trump messages in resignation letters is latest political craze. Fox News. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- Boylan, Dan (July 6, 2017). White House leaks that threaten national security stream out at rate of one a day. The Washington Times. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Wong, Kristina (July 7, 2017). DEEP STATE: Trump Facing Seven Times More National Security Leaks Than Obama or Bush. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Ex-Mueller aides' texts revealed: Read them here. Fox News. December 13, 2017. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Singman, Brooke (December 7, 2017). Top Mueller investigator's Democratic ties raise new bias questions. Fox News. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Anti-Trump bias exposed in Mueller probe. Fox News. December 5, 2017. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Chamberlain, Samuel (December 12, 2018). 'F TRUMP': Texts between ex-Mueller team members emerge, calling Trump 'loathsome human,' 'an idiot'. Fox News. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Wong, Kristina (December 13, 2017). Deepstate: FBI Agents Texted About Protecting Country Against Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Jasper, William F. (December 29, 2017). Deep State Boasts: We’re Sabotaging Trump From the Inside. The New American. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- Pollak, Joel B. (March 30, 2017). ‘Deep State’ Suspected in EPA Press Release ‘Error’. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Wong, Kristina (June 22, 2018). Deep State Weaponizing Leaks Against Trump Appointee Mari Stull. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Wong, Kristina (September 17, 2018). The Deep State Exposed: Investigation Uncovers Foggy Bottom Anti-Trump Leak Factory. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Duke, Selwyn (September 18, 2018). Socialist State Dept. Official on Hidden Camera: “Resist” Trump, “F*** S*** Up”. The New American. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Scarborough, Rowan (September 18, 2018). State Department bureaucrat caught plotting 'deep state' resistance: Project Veritas. The Washington Times. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Winter, Jana; Groll, Elias (August 10, 2018). Here’s the Memo That Blew Up the NSC. Foreign Policy. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Wong, Kristina (August 12, 2018). McMaster ‘Detonated’ Over Memo that Warned of Political Warfare Effort Against Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Gertz, Bill (August 11, 2017). Fired NSC Aide Reveals Political Warfare Operation Targeting Trump. The Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- Wong, Kristina (September 18, 2017). Sebastian Gorka Discusses How the ‘Permanent State’ Is Undermining Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- Re, Gregg (May 3, 2018). Deep state has 'weaponized' security clearances against Trump, conservative Pentagon official's lawyer says. Fox News. Retrieved May 3, 2018.
- Jasper, William F. (August 17, 2018). Deep State Strikes Again: 13 Ex-Intel Spooks Rally for Brennan Against Trump. The New American. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Lee, Matthew (October 20, 2019). Frustrated US diplomats fight back in impeachment probe. Associated Press. Retrieved October 21, 2019.
- Toosi, Nahal (October 20, 2019). The revenge of the State Department. Politico. Retrieved October 21, 2019.
- Poor, Jeff (October 22, 2019). FNC’s Ingraham: ‘Who Are These ‘Deep State’ State Department Types Heading into the Hill to Testify?’ Breitbart News. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- DeRensis, Hunter (October 23, 2019). The Blob Strikes Back. The National Interest. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- Greenwald: Empowering the "Deep State" to Undermine Trump is Prescription for Destroying Democracy
- As Leaks Multiply, Fears of a ‘Deep State’ in America
- Bill Kristol Backs ‘Deep State’ over President Trump, Republican Government
- DOJ Political Surveillance – From the IRS in 2011 to the FISA Court in 2016, Posted on March 8, 2020 by sundance. theconservativetreehouse.com
- Shear, Michael D.; Schmidt, Michael S (March 4, 2017). Trump, Offering No Evidence, Says Obama Tapped His Phones. The New York Times. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Pollak, Joel B. (March 5, 2017). DeepStateGate: Democrats’ ‘Russian Hacking’ Conspiracy Theory Backfires. Breitbart. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Hayward, John (March 5, 2017). DeepStateGate: Trump Ends the Wiretapping Innuendo Game by Dealing Himself In. Breitbart. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- Weber, Joseph (March 5, 2017). Trump calls for congressional probe into possible wiretapping of his campaign. Fox News. Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- Derespina, Cody (March 23, 2017). Trump basks in Nunes surveillance news: 'So that means I'm right'. Fox News. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- Former Obama official discloses rush to get intelligence on Trump team. Fox News. March 29, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Poor, Jeff (March 29, 2017). Fmr Obama Official Reveals Pre-Inauguration Effort to Gather Intel on Incoming Trump Team. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- Bertrand, Natasha (January 24, 2017). A look at the scope of the intelligence community's investigations into Trump's ties to Russia. Business Insider. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- McCabe, Neil W. (March 31, 2017). Fox News: Senior Obama Intelligence Official Unmasked Trump Associates. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- Lee, Tony (July 27, 2017). Harvard Poll: Nearly Two-Thirds Believe Campaign Exists to ‘Delegitimize’ Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Lee, Tony (July 26, 2017). Harvard Poll: Majority Believe Deep State Leaking to ‘Unseat’ Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Shelbourne, Mallory (March 19, 2018). Majority in new poll: 'Deep state' is manipulating policy. The Hill. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Nolte, John (March 19, 2018). Nolte — Media Fail: 60% Troubled by Deep State’s Public Policy Manipulation. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Harper, Jennifer (March 19, 2018). 74% of Americans say the ‘deep state’ exists. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 19, 2018.
- Boyer, Dave (March 20, 2018). Majority of Americans believe ‘Deep State’ controls Washington: Poll. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Jasper, William F. (April 25, 2017). Deep State and Fake News. The New American. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- Jasper, William F. (February 10, 2018). Deep State-Fake News Marriage: CIA, NSA, FBI Operatives Join Media In Droves. The New American. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- Byas, Steve (July 22, 2018). Washington Post Columnist: “God Bless the ‘Deep State’”. The New American. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Caplan, Joshua (July 20, 2018). WaPo’s Eugene Robinson: ‘Loyal and Honorable Deep State Has a Higher Duty,’ ‘God Bless Them’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Bokhari, Allum (November 12, 2019). Bokhari: Silicon Valley Bands Together to Protect Deep State. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Miguel, Luis (November 9, 2019). Facebook and YouTube Purge All Mentions of Alleged Whistleblower’s Name. The New American. Retrieved November 12, 2019.