Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson (born May 16, 1969) is an American conservative political anchor, pundit, and television personality who works for Fox News Channel, who formerly co-hosted Crossfire on CNN and Tucker on MSNBC and who was one of the few conservative anchors on MSNBC before the network strengthened its progressive stance with its "Lean Forward" campaign. Tucker takes more consistently conservative stances compared to other commentators. He has stood up to the leftist mob, and the cost of ads on his show nearly doubled despite left-wing attempts to boycott him.
After commentator Bill O'Reilly resigned from Fox News due to sexual abuse allegations, Carlson replaced him at the 8 pm EDT time slot. He also replaced O'Reilly as the number one rated cable TV show for that time slot. His ratings were nearly as high as O'Reilly's. In late March 2019, his show received more viewers than all of CNN's primetime hosts combined.
In 2010, Carlson, with Neil Patel established the online news website The Daily Caller. The website is considered to be an excellent source for conservative news and a welcome polar opposite to left-wing sources such as the Huffington Post.
- Byas, Steve (January 9, 2017). Change from Kelly to Carlson May Give Fox Viewers a New Perspective. The New American. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- Buchanan, Patrick J. (September 14, 2018). The Unpardonable Heresy of Tucker Carlson. The New American. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Carlson, Tucker (March 12, 2019). Tucker Carlson: We will never bow to the leftist mob's attempts to silence us, no matter what. Fox News. Retrieved March 12, 2019.
- Samuels, Brett (March 11, 2019). Tucker Carlson says 'we will never bow to the mob' amid resurfaced comments. The Hill. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- Duke, Selwyn (March 13, 2019). Lib Kill Machine Targets Tucker Carlson for Destruction. The New American. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Hanson, Victor Davis (August 9, 2019). Why target Tucker Carlson? It's part of the left's war on the right. The Hill. Retrieved August 9, 2019.
- Gage, John (August 21, 2019). Cost of Tucker Carlson Tonight ads nearly doubles despite boycotts. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- Nussbaum, Daniel (April 25, 2017). Tucker Carlson Dominates Cable News Ratings in First Night at New Time Slot. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Concha, Joe (April 30, 2018). Carlson's ratings on Fox closing in on O'Reilly's. The Hill. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- Nolte, John (April 3, 2019). Nolte: Tucker Carlson Beat All of CNN’s Prime Time Shows … Combined. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 3, 2019.