|Born||June 5th, 1969 (age 53)|
|Spouse(s)||Susan Andrews (Since 1991)|
Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson (born May 16, 1969) is an American paleoconservative political anchor, pundit, and television personality, who hosts political talk show Tucker Carlson Tonight on the Fox News Channel. Carlson formerly co-hosted Crossfire on CNN, and Tucker on MSNBC, and was one of the few conservative anchors on MSNBC before the network strengthened its progressive stance with its "Lean Forward" campaign. Tucker is known to take more consistently conservative stances compared to his fellow Fox commentators, many of whom are flimsy neocons. He has stood up to the leftist mob, and the cost of ads on his show nearly doubled despite left-wing attempts to boycott him.
After commentator Bill O'Reilly resigned from Fox News due to sexual abuse allegations, Carlson replaced him at the 8 p.m. EDT time slot. He also replaced O'Reilly as the number one rated cable TV show for that time slot. His ratings were nearly as high as O'Reilly's. In late March 2019, his show received more viewers than all of CNN's primetime hosts combined. In summer of 2020, Tucker Carlson Tonight broke the all-time record for the highest-rated program in U.S. cable news history.
In 2010, Carlson, with Neil Patel, established online news website The Daily Caller. The website is considered to be an excellent source for conservative news and a welcome polar opposite to left-wing sources such as the Huffington Post.
On July 17, 2019, Carlson spoke for nearly an hour at a National Conservatism Conference. He discussed issues such as government and capitalism.
Tucker Carlson does not support criminal justice reform .
Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has in jest long referred to Carlson as Chatsworth T. Osborne, Jr., a character on the old Dwayne Hickman CBS television series, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, played by Stephen Robert "Steve" Franken (1932-2012). Limbaugh uses the nickname to exploit his slightly younger and greater tendencies than average to New England dress and mannerisms into humorously reducing him to the stereotype of the broadly drawn situation comedy character.
Much to the surprise of many conservatives, Carlson bashed Trump lawyer Sidney Powell during the 2020 election. Powell claimed that Carlson had spoken rudely to her, and that she never wanted to talk to him again. He claimed she offered him "no evidence", despite the fact that she could not do so until after the court trial is finished.
Though ADL, for decades have been and are doing great work fighting hate, the current head, Jonathan Greenblatt is a leftist who was a former member of Barack Obama's administration. In Oct 2022, Rabbinic Group called for CEO Jonathan Greenblatt’s resignation after it tweeted claiming that Tucker Carlson 'went full Nazi,' thus minimizes Holocaust.
In Feb 2023, Tucker is the highest rated TV show, with some 35 Million viewers 
In 2023, Tucker called out the banking system in the wake of Silicon Valley Bank's demise: "We're getting moral lectures from the banks."
- ↑ Byas, Steve (January 9, 2017). Change from Kelly to Carlson May Give Fox Viewers a New Perspective. The New American. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- Buchanan, Patrick J. (September 14, 2018). The Unpardonable Heresy of Tucker Carlson. The New American. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- Buskirk, Chris (November 26, 2019). The Indispensable Tucker Carlson. American Greatness. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Carlson, Tucker (March 12, 2019). Tucker Carlson: We will never bow to the leftist mob's attempts to silence us, no matter what. Fox News. Retrieved March 12, 2019.
- Samuels, Brett (March 11, 2019). Tucker Carlson says 'we will never bow to the mob' amid resurfaced comments. The Hill. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- Duke, Selwyn (March 13, 2019). Lib Kill Machine Targets Tucker Carlson for Destruction. The New American. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Hanson, Victor Davis (August 9, 2019). Why target Tucker Carlson? It's part of the left's war on the right. The Hill. Retrieved August 9, 2019.
- ↑ Gage, John (August 21, 2019). Cost of Tucker Carlson Tonight ads nearly doubles despite boycotts. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 21, 2019.
- ↑ Nussbaum, Daniel (April 25, 2017). Tucker Carlson Dominates Cable News Ratings in First Night at New Time Slot. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- ↑ Concha, Joe (April 30, 2018). Carlson's ratings on Fox closing in on O'Reilly's. The Hill. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- ↑ Nolte, John (April 3, 2019). Nolte: Tucker Carlson Beat All of CNN’s Prime Time Shows … Combined. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGoWtK1NnY&t=243s
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-criminal-justice-reform-enforcement
- ↑ Chatsworth Osborne, Jr.'s theory on Obama's new Health and Human Services Secretary. The Rush Limbaugh Show (April 11, 2014). Retrieved on March 20, 2020.
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/disgusting-tucker-carlson-doubles-hits-sidney-powell-says-no-evidence-switching-votes-11-times-got-caught-switching-votes-video/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-gatewaypundit&utm_content=later-12072300&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram Gateway Pundit. Retrieved November 22, 2020
- ↑ https://youtu.be/0Me5ZsvicS8
- ↑ Rabbinic Group calls for CEO Greenblatt’s resignation after ADL tweet minimizes Holocaust, October 21, 2022.
"Minimizing the Holocaust is never acceptable," said CJV President Rabbi Yoel Schonfeld, "and to compare anyone to a Nazi does just that unless that person is calling for genocide or at least inciting violence. Were the ADL even minimally competent, it would call out, not endorse, a ridiculous tweet claiming that Tucker Carlson ‘went full Nazi.’ Under Greenblatt, the ADL is incompetent to fight antisemitism at a time when it is on the rise. He must step down."...This year, CJV repeated that the ADL was "misus[ing] antisemitism for partisan purposes" after yet another attack on Carlson, and later blasted a CNN special report on Antisemitism, in which Greenblatt played "a central role," as "a deliberate whitewash of left-wing antisemitism."
- ↑ https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2023/02/14/with-35-million-viewers-tucker-carlson-has-the-weeks-highest-rated-cable-news-show/
- ↑ Tucker Carlson, TUCKER CARLSON: We're getting moral lectures from the banks, Fox News, Mar 14, 2023.
BEATRIZ ACEVEDO: We want to help close the Latino wealth gap.