The Bilderberg group is a globalist international organization made up of liberal elites from the political, financial, academic and military realms who come together annually to discuss world affairs. The name was chosen from the Dutch hotel where it held its first meeting in 1954. The group has long met once a year by annual invitation-only conference and includes 150 influential figures from North America and Western Europe. No other events are held and no policy statements are issued. Bilderberg meetings are closed to the press, participants are asked not to publicly discuss the proceedings and the attendee list is only occasionally released. Henry Kissinger was an active participant in this liberal globalist group as early as 1957.
Conservative critics, with good reason, believe the Bilderberg group is working to undermine – and eventually completely do away with – national sovereignty and establish a globalist utopia and one-world government that subverts the will of the working class and other regular Americans. U.S. Representative Ron Paul feared the group's influence. "And my biggest concern is what they preach: Keynesian economics and interventionism and world planning," and "They do believe in a powerful centralized government."
According to the Bilderberg group's website, the group invites between 120 and 150 leaders from various fields in Europe and America. One-third of the attendees must be from North America and the other two-thirds from Europe. The group is extremely secretive, not allowing attendees to talk openly about the meetings, particularly the speakers or their positions, and the agenda is not detailed and no votes, resolutions, or policy statements are made.
Driver of global policy
- See also: Deep state
Despite the Bilderberg group's insistence that it exists only for discussion, the group's activities and statements by attendees strongly indicate that the group exists to direct global policies in a globalist direction. For example, Willy Claes, a former Secretary General of NATO who attended Bilderberg meetings, stated that "the participants are then obviously considered to use this report in setting their policies in the environments in which they affect." Etienne Davignon, a European Commissioner, stated that the Bilderberg meetings "helped create" the common Euro currency. Dutch parliamentary leader Diederik Samsom admitted that Bilderberg attendees are at the meetings in their official governmental capacities, rather than as private citizens. According to Will Hutton, "the consensus established [at the meetings] is the backdrop against which policy is made worldwide."
Strong evidence also exists indicating that the Bilderberg group plays a strong role in choosing world leaders. Bill Clinton, who attended the meetings in 1991 as an obscure governor of Arkansas, was elected U.S. president one year later. Tony Blair is just one of the several prime ministers of the United Kingdom who became prime minister shortly after attending the meeting. Herman Van Rompuy of Belgium, who was not well known throughout the EU, became the President of the European Council – proclaiming the advancement of "global governance" – in 2009 very shortly after attending a Bilderberg meeting. The Bilderberg group supported Rompuy's candidacy and held a dinner for that purpose.
Bilderberg attendees have connections to essentially every major political, corporate, and media organization in the world, illustrating the massive effect the organization is, at least, potentially able to assert on world affairs.
Advancement of globalism and one-world government
- See also: War on Sovereignty
According to statements by Bilderberg attendees, the group exists to promote globalist ideals and to undermine national sovereignty. Denis Healey, the British chancellor of the exchequer, stated that "to say we were striving for a one-world government is exaggerated, but not wholly unfair", and that "we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing." The Bilderberg group's website itself states that "in the context of a globalised world, it is hard to think of any issue in either Europe or North America that could be tackled unilaterally."
According to the Bilderberg group's official 2017 press release, U.S. President Donald Trump's "Progress Report" was at the top of the agenda, leading conservative and Christian commentators to speculate that the meeting would try to undermine Trump's conservative and nationalist agenda.
The following people have ties to the Bilderberg group:
Several people in the Obama Administration had connections to the group:
Other people who attended
- Bilderbergers excite conspiracists Politico, March 15, 2009
- ABOUT BILDERBERG MEETINGS. Bilderberg Meetings. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Sanburn, Josh (June 9, 2016). What to Know About the Bilderberg Group's Secret Annual Meeting. TIME. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Secretive Bilderberg group meetings begin in Virginia. BBC News. June 1, 2017. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (June 2, 2014). Bilderberg Summit Virtually Ignored by Media Propagandists. The New American. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Jasper, William F. (June 12, 2019). Covering (Up) Bilderberg: The Washington Post Leads the Wall of Silence on the Globalist Confab. The New American. Retrieved June 12, 2019.
- Jasper, William F. (July 25, 2019). Bilderberg’s “Ruling Class Journalists”. The New American. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Newman, Alex (June 4, 2014). Bilderberg: Where Big Business and Big Government Plot Globalism. The New American. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (January 8, 2018). Deep State Behind the Deep State: CFR, Trilaterals, Bilderbergs. The New American. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Jasper, William F. (July 24, 2019). Bilderberg and the Global Deep State. The New American. Retrieved July 24, 2019.
- Newman, Alex (May 30, 2014). Big Government Bilderberger Addresses Protesters. The New American. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Waterfield, Bruno (November 16, 2009). EU Presidency candidate Herman Van Rompuy calls for new taxes. The Telegraph. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Lutz, Ashley (June 12, 2012). This Chart Shows The Bilderberg Group's Connection To Everything In The World. Business Insider. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (February 16, 2017). Forget Flynn; Logan Act Could Ensnare Top Establishment Insiders. The New American. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Newman, Alex (June 2, 2017). Top Trump Officials Attend Globalist Bilderberg Summit. Why? The New American. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Background -- BRIEF HISTORY. Bilderberg Meetings. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Bilderberg Ben and the Globalist Agenda, InfoWars, June 8, 2008
- Taylor, Guy (June 1, 2019). Pompeo to speak at secretive Bilderberg meeting in Switzerland. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- Jasper, William F. (June 10, 2019). Bilderberg Post Mortem: What Is the Trump-Pompeo-Kushner-Bilderberg Connection All About? The New American. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- https://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/ Official website
- Prison Planet.com
- Thousands of Bilderberg videos can be found at YouTube