| United Nations
|Headquarters||International Territory, within New York City, New York.|
|Official Languages||Arabic Chinese English French Russian Spanish|
|Membership||193 Member countries, as of Nov. 2017|
United Nations Charter signed 26 June 1945
Entry into force of Charter 24 October 1945
The United Nations is a globalist organization of countries all over the world, originally created to facilitate cooperation in international law, international security, the 2030 Agenda, economic development, and human rights. It was founded in 1945 at the signing of the United Nations Charter by 51 countries, replacing the League of Nations, founded in 1919. The UN currently has 193 members, including almost all the countries in the world. Non-members include Taiwan and Vatican City. Switzerland joined in 2002, being the last country to join the UN until now. The United Nations typically supports liberal, environmentalist, socialist and communist ideals.
- 1 History
- 2 Record of the Secretary-Generals
- 3 Organization
- 4 Criticism
- 4.1 Promoting abortion
- 4.2 Chinese Communist infiltration
- 4.3 UN failure at serious war crimes and torture en masse
- 4.4 Arab-Israel dispute
- 4.5 UNRWA Palestine
- 4.6 Defending Islam
- 4.7 Contemporary U.S. criticism
- 4.8 UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan
- 5 U.N. Commissions
- 5.1 U.N. Human Rights Council
- 5.2 U.N. Commission on the Status of Women
- 5.3 U.N. Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
- 5.4 U.N. Women
- 5.5 U.N. Economic and Social Council
- 5.6 U.N. Commission on Sustainable Development
- 5.7 U.N. Commission on Social Development
- 5.8 U.N. Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations
- 5.9 U.N. Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
- 5.10 U.N. Committee on Information
- 5.11 U.N. Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- 5.12 U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees
- 5.13 U.N. World Food Programme
- 6 UN Peacekeepers Child Sexual Abuse
- 7 Notable roles of U.S. Ambassadors to the U.N.
- 8 Further reading
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
The term "United Nations" was widely used during World War II to denote the allied powers making war against Germany and Japan, but the actual UN was created in 1945. It was designed by the U.S. State Department. President Franklin D. Roosevelt envisaged "four policemen", Britain, United States, Soviet Union, and Republic of China to be the major forces on what later became the UN Security Council to enforce the peace worldwide. This was deemed at the time as a modern approach to replace the old spheres of influence as they were called during the age of Imperialism.
US Secretary of State Cordell Hull said at the time while selling the idea to Congress, "there will no longer be need for spheres of influence, for alliances, for balance of power, or any other of the separate alliances through which in the unhappy past the nations strove to safeguard their security or promote their interest."
American enthusiasm for the UN soured after the Soviet Union vetoed most resolutions of the Security Council. However, the Soviets boycotted the UN in 1950, allowing the UN to officially sponsor the Korean War. However, North Dakota Congressman Usher L. Burdick in a January 17, 1957 speech titled "The Russians are and will continue to be on the inside of any military action taken by the Security Council of the United Nations" strongly implied that the Soviets nevertheless had indirect influence on the United Nations during the Korean War via its Security Council Secretary due to how it was structured, and that this was ultimately the reason why General MacArthur was unable to fully liberate Korea from Communism during the Korean War. In practice, the U.S. made all the decisions for the UN regarding that war. When the Soviets returned in 1951, they caused UN decisionmaking to stalemate, and the UN played a minor role in the Cold War.
The western military alliance of NATO began in 1949 and played a much greater role in US foreign policy commitments and decisions during the Cold War than the UN ever did. The one exception was the Korean War, which was fought under UN auspices since the Soviet Union was boycotting the UN in 1950.
Originally designed to institutionalize the military alliance that emerged as victors in World War II, the U.N. has shown no inclination to reform itself. It's governing Security Council is controlled by the victorious powers of 1945 and bares scant resemblance to the demographic changes of the 21st century. For example, (in the pre-Brexit era) the European Union had two votes, while India and the Muslim world remain unrepresented. Its supposed democratic underpinnings take no account of cultural differences; Shariah law for example, forbids the two billion Muslims of the planet from forging alliances with non-believers or participating in legislative councils. In the Koranic system, all law comes from Allah, and man made law, such as the United Nations Charter, is strictly forbidden.
Record of the Secretary-Generals
When the first UN secretary-general, Trygve Lie of Norway, a Stalinist sympathizer, was the Minister of Justice in Norway, he told Lenin's former right-hand man Leon Trotsky not to criticize Stalin or else he would be imprisoned and or kicked out of Norway; Lie eventually put him in prison, but later according to Stalin's wishes exiled him to Mexico where one of Stalin's hit men assassinated him by hitting his head with a pickax in 1940. As secretary-general, he failed to maintain peace in the 1947 Kashmir conflict, the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict, and the Korean War from 1950-1953.
The second secretary-general, Dag Hammarskjold of Sweden, former head of the Bank of Sweden, the oldest central bank in the world, even older than the Bank of England, greatly praised the leaders of Red China and Soviet Union, and used UN troops in 1961 to crush the Katanga province of Zaire when it tried to get its independence from the Marxist government.
The third secretary-general, U Thant of Burma, was a Marxist whose mentor was Burmese prime minister U Nu, who said in a 1948 speech, “If we now look back in history, we find that Stalin followed the right path”; together, they abolished private property in Burma and U Thant choose a former KGB officer to be his personal assistant. U Thant was known for admiring Vladimir Lenin.” So it should not be surprising that U Thant was very well liked by Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev, and did nothing to help John F. Kennedy and Khrushchev negotiate the Cuban Missile Crisis. He failed to maintain peace in 1967 after the Six-Day Arab-Israeli War between Israel and its neighbors.
The fourth secretary-general, Kurt Waldheim, the future president of Austria, was a former Nazi infantry lieutenant who fought to help Adolf Hitler take over all of Europe, and he did not care who ruled the world, whether it be Nazi Germany or the UN, it did not matter to him so long as there was a one-world government. He believed that mass murder was merely a means to a better socialist end. So it should not be surprising that he sat down and did nothing to prevent from 1975-79 Cambodia’s Pol Pot from conducting his mass murders; Waldheim actually sent the UNICEF to send supplies to Hanoi, Vietnam, which in turn was sent to Pol Pot so he can conduct the “killing fields”.
The fifth secretary-general, Javier Perez de Queller of Peru, who insisted on protecting the murderous regime of Pol Pot, did nothing to make peace during the Iraq-Iran War. After leaving his job, when he ran for president of Peru in the spring of 1995, he was surrounded by well-known communists who were running his campaign, even though his country was facing a Maoist insurgency.
The sixth secretary-general, Boutros Boutros-Ghali of Egypt, the former vice-president of Socialist International and former member of the Arab Socialist Union, along with Undersecretary-general for Peacekeeping Operations Kofi Annan, aided the Rwandan genocide. Kofi Annan would not allow Canadian general Romeo Dallaire to get his troops to seize Hutu weapons and thwart an extermination plan. Annan at one time ordered UN troops to withdraw from a school that held Tutsi refugees causing them to get murdered by the Hutu mobs. In his June 1992 report An Agenda for Peace, he wrote, “The time of absolute and exclusive sovereignty . . . has passed.”
After Kofi Annan of Ghana became the seventh secretary-general, he did nothing to prevent the 2000s genocide in Sudan and sent UN troops to make peace in the Zaire, but instead, they were raping women as young as 11. During the ceremonies surrounding his acceptance of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2001, Annan said, “The sovereignty of nations must no longer be used as a shield for gross violations of human rights.” In his opening address to the fifty-third annual DPI/NGO (Department of Public Information/Non-Governmental Organization) Conference in 2006, Annan also said, “It has been said that arguing against globalization is like arguing against the laws of gravity.”
The eighth secretary-general, Ban Ki-Moon of South Korea, like Kofi Annan, is a global warming alarmist and has criticized Dutch politician Geert Wilders for condemning Islam. He is also a sponsor of UN Agenda 21, a green socialist agenda for the 21st century meant to abolish private property.
The ninth and current secretary-general, Antonio Guterres, the former prime minister of Portugal and former president of Socialist International as well as former secretary-general of the Portuguese Socialist Party, supported bringing in “refugees” from the Syrian Civil War into Europe, even though the supermajority of them were soldiers of ISIS, as even the UN reported that 75% of them were young males.
The main deliberative organ is the General Assembly which usually meets annually in September with representation by all member states. The General Assembly votes on the annual budget of the United Nations, elects members to other UN organs and committees and makes non-binding recommendations to member states through resolutions.
The Security Council handles matters relating to international peace and stability. It consists of five permanent members (USA, UK, France, Russia and PR China), and ten temporary members, which are elected by the General Assembly for two-year terms. The Security Council decides by vote. On substantive issues, nine members must support the proposal, including all five permanent members, giving each permanent member an effective veto power. The chair of the Security Council rotates each month among its members, in alphabetic order.
International Court of Justice
The International Court of Justice, based in The Hague, was founded to settle conflicts and disputes over questions arising from the interpretation of treaties among member states. It only may entertain  cases where all parties to the case in question have agreed to recognize the jurisdiction of the Court. The Court also advices other organs and agencies of the United Nations on questions of the interpretation of treaties.
The United Nations Economic and Social Council is a deliberative and advisory organ dedicated to promoting international economic and social cooperation and development. It cooperates with the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank Group and similar international agencies.
The United Nations Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the UN system. The head of the Secretariat is the Secretary-General, who is nominated by the Security Council and appointed by the General Assembly for renewable five-year terms. The current Secretary-General is Ban Ki-moon, the former Foreign Minister of the Republic of Korea. It is customary to let the position rotate among the different world regions.
The U.N. has at various times in its history been accused of inefficiency and waste, which some critics have attributed to its cumbersome and excessive bureaucracy. Probably the most controversial issue with the United Nations is the Oil-for-Food scandal.
As a meeting place for many different nations, the UN can only act as a mechanism for international consensus. The UN has been unable to act in a clear and decisive way when confronted crises in which this consensus is not present. Recent examples include the Iranian nuclear program and the genocides in Darfur, Sudan and Rwanda. Because each of the five permanent members of the Security Council has a veto, and because they often disagree, many times no action can be agreed upon. Typically but not always this division includes the United States on one side with either China, Russia or both on the other. Other times the Security Council has been able to agree but lacks the will or means to enforce its resolutions. A recent example is the 2006 Israel-Lebanon Crisis, where no action has been taken to enforce the provisions of Resolution 1559 and Resolution 1701 to disarm terrorist organizations such as Hezbollah. There usually are no consequences for violating a Security Council resolution.
Alex Jones, a paleoconservative believes that the United Nations is plotting to take over the world along with the Bilderberg organization. Some believe the United Nations will be the one-world government mentioned in Revelation.
Inclusion on the old United Nations Commission on Human Rights (UNCHR) of nations such as Sudan and Libya, whose leaderships have dubious records on human rights, and Libya's chairmanship of this Commission, has been a highly controversial issue.
The U.N. has been accused of hypocritical conduct and double standards. The U.N. condemns Israel for its conduct toward the Palestinians, yet it refuses to condemn China for its conduct toward the Tibetans.
The United Nations has on many occasions ignored the plight of people across the world, especially in parts of Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Current examples include the UN's inaction toward the Sudanese government in Darfur, the Chinese government's ethnic cleansing in Tibet, and the Israel-Arab conflict.
During the Rwandan genocide, the UN did not authorize UNAMIR to intervene or use force to prevent or halt the killing.
It was also criticized as being a Communist front, with evidence including Alger Hiss, who was infamously exposed as being a Soviet agent, being one of the key founders of the United Nations, several key founders of the UN being Soviet spies or otherwise enablers, the UN's own charter being a direct copy of the Soviet constitution, and former Communist leader Joseph Z. Kornfelder's own testimony that the people who founded the UN intended for it to be a Trojan horse to implement Communism in America.
The UN has supported left-wing pet agenda items. In his 2018 New Year proclamation, Secretary-General António Guterres issued a "red alert for our world" to fight against "nationalism," "xenophobia," and "climate change." The UN is supportive of open borders and mass migration. On Easter 2018, a UN agency made a tweet claiming that mass migration is "inevitable," "necessary," and even "desirable." In May 2018, the UN's Migration Agency Director-General William Lacy Swing attacked conservative immigration policies and claimed that mass migration was in the "national interest." In September 2018, Filippo Grandi, the UN High Commissioner in charge of refugee matters, downplayed the seriousness of the European migrant crisis and labeled migration in general as "a source of progress and prosperity." The UN has challenged President Trump's immigration actions in court, and it aided illegal immigration to the United States. Additionally, the UNICEF's director stated that the West must be forced to allow mass migration. Even for issues ostensibly unrelated to international relations, the UN promotes globalism as the solution to problems.
Conservatives and proponents of Judeo-Christian values have criticized the UN's education programs for instilling left-wing and Marxist values into children in the countries where they are implemented. The organization has promoted social engineering in other ways, including by demanding gender quotas on the UK Army during an operation in Africa in 2019.
In 2018, the United Nations Human Rights Council effectively called for making nationalist-populism illegal and cracking down on those who voice conservative and Christian beliefs. In 2019, U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres announced in a speech that the UN would target so-called "hate speech." Additionally, the UN regularly elects authoritarian rights-abusing dictatorships to the Human Rights Council. It has promoted Iran as a human rights-friendly country despite the opposite being true.
The UN has also been criticized for promoting left-wing environmentalism and exaggerating reports on environmental damage.
The UN takes a left-wing stance on capital punishment, condemning the conservative Trump administration's decision to restore the federal death penalty for serious crimes as "rolling back progress."
The Committee for the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) pushes countries to promote abortion.  The UN played a role in passing a radical 2019 New York abortion law that allowed abortion up to the very moment of birth.
Chinese Communist infiltration
A report from a coalition of human rights groups, led by Amnesty International Canada, says that China is increasingly using “threats, bullying and harassment” to intimidate activists around democracy, civil rights, and those who speak out against human rights abuses of Uyghurs, Tibetans, and Falun Gong practitioners.[Citation Needed]
The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has a long-range plan that very much includes the U.N.[Citation Needed] The regime even opened a “School of Global Governance” at the Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) to train armies of future diplomats and spies to work in international organizations.[Citation Needed] In 2018, Chinese leader Xi Jinping said Beijing would take “an active part in leading the reform of the global governance system.”[Citation Needed] Former U.N. investigator-turned-whistleblower Peter Gallo said,[Citation Needed]
“the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights was caught handing over names of Chinese human rights activists to the Chinese government, so the Chinese police and security agencies could go and intimidate their relatives in China, all to ensure that nobody spoke out against China being elected to the Human Rights Council.”
Unlike individuals from most nations, and contrary to U.N. employment policies, Chinese officials openly retain their loyalty to the Communist Party above all else, which is hardly a secret. When the Chinese Communist regime arrested then-Interpol chief Meng Hongwei in 2018, it publicly accused him of failing to obey Communist Party orders, among other supposed crimes.[Citation Needed]
Communist China agents run four of 15 specialized U.N. agencies, including the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and the U.N. Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA). By comparison, just one American holds a top post in a U.N. specialized agency.
Most of those leadership positions for Communist Chinese agents were secured during the Obama administration. Numerous other top spots for Chinese agents also occurred during the Obama administration: Xue Hanqin’s selection to the International Court of Justice, Tao Zhang’s appointment as deputy chief of the International Monetary Fund in August of 2016, and Yi Xiaozhun’s 2013 appointment as deputy leader of the World Trade Organization, among many others.
In 2019, using bribery and threats,[Citation Needed] Beijing managed to seize control of the powerful U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), despite Trump administration efforts to block that. Years earlier, though, Americans working within and around the U.N. agency warned about Chinese “trust funds” within FAO, as well as that Beijing would be running a candidate to take over the agency.
In 2019, Beijing was working to install Andy Tsang as head of the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime, while plenty of other Chinese operatives also were being groomed for senior posts across the U.N. Beijing’s agents lead key U.N. conferences as well, with CCP propaganda organs boasting that Beijing played a “crucial role” in the U.N. Agenda 2030 sustainability plan for humanity.
By the end of 2020, China had become the largest provider of peacekeepers among the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council.
UN failure at serious war crimes and torture en masse
Arab-Israel disputeIsrael. Ahmed Shukairy, the first chairman of the Palestinian Liberation Organization terror group, was a Syrian delegate from 1949 to 1951 and later Saudi ambassador to the UN from 1957 to 1962. Shukairy was a Nazi collaborator who "spread Nazi-style hatred of Jews, even in the United Nations." 
The UN has taken a one-sided approach to issues relating to the Israel-Arab conflict. Israel has consistently been singled out by the UN for uniquely critical treatment. In 1975 the General Assembly passed a resolution declaring that "Zionism is racism", and UN-sponsored meetings supposedly opposing racism have criticized Israel (which grants equal political and religious rights to Arabs) while suppressing all criticism of those Arab countries (where non-Muslims are second-class citizens and anti-Semitism enjoys state support).
Unlike other refugee groups, the Palestinian Arabs have their own agency within the United Nations, and are beneficiaries of special events such as an "International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People." Israel was excluded from membership in any of the UN's regional groups until 2000. In effect, this meant Israel was forbidden from serving on UN bodies such as the Security Council. Israel's recent permission to participate more fully within the UN as a member of the Western European and Others regional group is temporary and subject to renewal. Israel is allowed to participate only in the New York operations of the UN and is excluded from the UN offices in Geneva, Nairobi, Rome, and Vienna which handle such issues as human rights and arms control. Censure of Israel has apparently been instituted as a routine agenda item for various UN bodies such as the Human Rights Council. The 1975 Resolution 3379 qualified Zionism as a form of racism (later revoked with Resolution 4686).
On December 23, 2016, due to the leftist Obama Administration's abstention from a vote which broke over 35 years of American policy, a blatantly anti-Israel resolution was passed in the U.N. In response to the anti-Israel UN vote, Israel cut $6 million in its annual dues to the leftist organization on January 6, 2017.
In March 2017, the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia authored a destructive and anti-Semitic report against Israel. The report and agency were strongly criticized by the United States and UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, and the executive director of the commission resigned in response.
In 2019, the United Nations Economic and Social Council – comprised of Islamic and otherwise totalitarian countries with records of disrespecting women, such as Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Turkey, Pakistan, Yemen, Iran, and China – voted to condemn Israel for allegedly violating women's rights.
UN VS Israel
There are many factors in UN's war against Israel since the 1970s, including the Arab oil lobby, the Arab huge market as an economic power, Islamic bigotry by religious zealots influencing its politicians represemting Muslim countries, radical liberal agenda pushers (including extremists inside Israel, those making much noise who don't pass the Lynch test) and plain old racists.
From a critic of Israel, judge Richard Goldstone:
I insisted on changing the original mandate adopted by the Human Rights Council, which was skewed against Israel. I have always been clear that Israel, like any other sovereign nation, has the right and obligation to defend itself and its citizens against attacks from abroad and within. Something that has not been recognized often enough is the fact that our report marked the first time illegal acts of terrorism from Hamas were being investigated and condemned by the United Nations. I had hoped that our inquiry into all aspects of the Gaza conflict would begin a new era of evenhandedness at the U.N. Human Rights Council, whose history of bias against Israel cannot be doubted.
Among highlighted actions in UN's war against Israel [published in 2021]:
At UN's silence while Libertad protesters were crushed in oppressive Cuba in 2021, activist noted:
- UN’s ECOSOC Singles Out Israel for “Violating Women’s Rights”.
Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Belarus were among member states of the UN’s 54-nation Economic and Social Council that voted to single out Israel as the only country in the world to be rebuked this year for allegedly violating women’s rights.
- World Health Assembly Deviates From Coronavirus to Condemn Israel.
- UN’s Virtual Palestinian Exhibit Distorts Facts..
- UN Refers To Jerusalem’s Temple Mount Solely by Its Muslim Name.
- UN Censors UN Watch Submissions on Palestinian Abuse of Child Rights.
- Despite Pandemic, UN Human Rights Council Holds Three Anti-Israel Sessions Under Infamous Agenda Item 7.
- UN Special Rapporteur on Palestinian Human Rights Michael Lynk Turns Blind Eye to Hamas & PA Abuses.
- UN General Assembly Condemns Israel in 17 Resolutions, 6 on Rest of the World Combined.
- UN Releases Anti-Israel Blacklist, Fueling BDS.
There are real crimes of oppression, violence and killing of civilians around the world around the world. This is happening right now in Cuba, in South Africa and even in the Palestinian Authority. But the UN Human Rights Council, the International Criminal Court in The Hague and even the US administration are silent and continue to engage only in Israel.
Durban hate fests
In 2021, at least 31 countries, including the US shunned the hate fest racist UN Durban conference.
Nations convinced to shun Durban Conference under Israeli diplomatic pressure, spearheaded by Lapid; FM says move demonstrates Israel's political power on the world stage.
Thirty-one nations have so far decided to boycott a UN meeting marking the 20th anniversary of the Durban World Conference on Racism later this week due to the event's anti-Semitic nature in the past, marking a major diplomatic win for Israel.The first conference was held in Durban, South Africa from August 31 through September 8, 2001, and covered several controversial issues, including redress for transatlantic slavery and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Described in sep, 2021::
This is what the Durban Conference looks like: empty thanks to dozens of countries that refused to participate and who was left participating in this hate conference?
Countries like Iran, Syria, Afghanistan, China and North Korea ... and that says it all! Disgrace! The Festival of Hate. Writer elaborates on: 'Twenty years after Durban, what we still get wrong about left-wing anti-Semitism.'
So called "Palestinian refugees"
By most definitions, refugees are those forced to flee their country because of persecution, war or violence. Nearly every refugee in the world is cared for by the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees, whose ultimate goal is repatriation, resettlement and integration. The exception? Palestinian refugees.Arab states insisted on a different definition for Palestinian-Arab refugees of the Israeli War of Independence — and a different agency to care for them. Today, millions of people are referred to as “Palestinian refugees” even though the only home they, and in many cases even their parents and grandparents, have ever known is either a refugee camp or an Arab host nation like Jordan.
In 1982, UNRWA school in Siblin (Seblin) Southern Lebanon was tuned into a terrorist headquarter for the PLO, with masses of weapons caches, material to provide for terror, including to act internationally. In one of the rooms picture of Arafat on the wall was flanked by a large black swastika on a red background. The coverup went on for while. The initial coverup was undertaken by UNRWA's employees. All but 120 of the 17,000 UNRWA staff are Palestinian Arabs. As one staff member put it a few years later. "You might say we're a Palestinian agency under the UN flag." It has been revealed that UNIFIL was actually providing heads up for PLO on incoming IDF actions. 
Chris Gunness of UNRWA
In July, 2014, Israel’s UN Ambassador called for ‘Immediate’ Suspension of UNRWA Spokesman Chris Gunness for "shamelessly promoting an individual who shares Hamas’s morally reprehensible convictions."
Worst, UN agency handed rockets back to Hamas. UNRWA said it gave 20 missiles found in Gaza school to ‘local authorities’ that are under the ‘government of national consensus in Ramallah’.
When an Arab "Palestinian" human rights activist attacked flawed UNRWA to reform it, offended Chris Gunnes attacked the JPOST with vile anger. He also blamed Israel for Hamas medical crimes.
In 2015, expert asked: Will Chris Gunness ever be held to account for his role in Hamas' cannibalistic "dead baby" strategy?
Horror: Hitler admiration, violence promotion, death celebration at UN run schoolsReport published in Aug, 2021 found:
Over 100 teachers and staff of schools run by UNRWA have been explicitly and publicly promoting hateful content, particularly against Jews and Israelis, including celebrating deaths.
And: A total of 113 instances of incitement obtained by UN Watch from the public social media pages of the UNWRA employees shows that many celebrated and promoted violence.
As UNRWA chief proposed a so-called ‘neutrality training’, Israel rejected it and demanded Hitler-admiring teachers be fired. 
Sep 29, 2017, Feb 13, 2018:
Nahed Sharawi, posted a Hitler video with his quotes in order to "enlighten and enrich" her friends’ minds. She also posted an antisemitic story depicting J.. as supposedly scheming thieves - Sharawi. glorifying Hitler. A highlighted "Palestinian" teacher, a Gaza resident 113 UNRWA educators and staff who have publicly promoted violent or hateful rhetoric in years 2015-2021.
The U.N.'s Human Rights Council passed a resolution that directs the body's expert on free speech to report on “individuals and news media for negative comments on Islam.”  This suppression of free speech at an organization purporting to fairly represent the world's nations in a common forum is one of numerous actions in the past decade that has undermined U.N. credibility.
Contemporary U.S. criticism
Some American critics view the UN as an agent for eroding the sovereignty of the United States and instead promoting forms of one-world government. Some claim that President Bill Clinton rejected and ignored the position of the United Nations when he ordered U.S. military "police actions" in foreign countries. President George W. Bush also rejected the inaction of the UN when he authorized military action against the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq for ignoring various UN resolutions. Some commentators now feel that it has since devolved into a radical debating society which has ironically blocked most of the goals for which it has been formed. The UN has criticized the U.S. for conservative immigration policies and pro-life laws. Many UN leaders once served in the Obama and Clinton administrations, allowing them to steer the UN into opposing the policies of more conservative American administrations.
UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan
- See also: Rape of Afghanistan
As of June 2021, the UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (Unama) had approximately 1,164 staff in Afghanistan, 770 Afghan nationals, 298 international staff and 68 UN “volunteers.” Trapped in Afghanistan under Taliban rule, the Afghan nationals reported that there was “no leadership across the system” and that national staff “are alone and petrified.” Unama was established in 2002, a year after the 9/11 attacks, by Security Council Resolution 1401 to support the implementation of the Bonn Agreement, which provided a framework for Afghanistan until the country adopted a constitution. The agreement called for the UN “to assist in the formation of a national army and for the UN Representative to lend his Good Offices to facilitate post agreement implementation.” Afghanistan adopted its constitution in 2005 and Unama retained a sizeable presence in the country afterward. The mission’s mandate was altered to “reflect the needs of the country,” and the mandate was extended for a year on Sept. 15, 2020, by Security Council Resolution 2543.
According to PassBlue, while the world was shocked by how quickly the Taliban seized power and uncertainty prevailed about how they will govern and particularly treat women and girls, UN staff said that the possibility of the Taliban gaining control had been raised by Unama employees months earlier, and that requests were made to develop plans for the evacuation of all Afghan national staff.
Biden regime chief propagandists Jen Psaki said "The Taliban has to make an assessment about what they want their role to be in the international community." Her comments came as reports flowed in of Taliban fighters going door-to-door and forcibly selecting girls as young as 12 to reward as brides for the victorious jihadis. In Takhar province, the Taliban shot and killed a woman when she went out in public without a burqa. CNN reported that the Taliban knocked on the door of a mother of four in a small village in northern Afghanistan demanding food. The mother told them, "I am poor, how can I cook for you?" The Taliban beat her to death.
The Taliban went door-to-door taking women and children. The people must mark their house with an “X” if they have a girl over 12 years old, so that the Taliban can take them. If they find a young girl and the house was not marked they will execute the entire family. If a married woman 25 years or older was found, the Taliban promptly kill her husband, do whatever they want to her, and then sell her as a sex slave. Taliban atrocities included killing kids in front of their parents.
One of the major reasons the United Nations is considered by some to be useless is the Security Council. Along with other countries elected for a term of years, the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, China, and France all have a permanent seat, along with the power to veto any decision made by the Security Council. When combined with the Security Council's role as voting on most major issues, including military intervention, and the tendency for most resolutions introduced to be vetoed by one or more nations, the Security Council and by extension the United Nations has become ineffective. The U.N. at times places member states in commissions or positions of importance which many believe they don't deserve. The following is a sample of some of those nations and the positions of importance they have been placed in (this list does not include members that are on those commissions and deserve their place).
The following programs expose the U.N.'s incompetence by placing unworthy member states in positions of importance;
U.N. Human Rights Council
Mission: "…responsible for promoting universal respect for the protection of all human rights and fundamental freedoms for all….”
Members: Saudi Arabia, China, Vice-Presidents: Cuba, Angola. Libya was kicked off in February.
U.N. Commission on the Status of Women
Mission: “…set global standards and formulate concrete policies to promote gender equality and advancement of women worldwide."
Members: The Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran
U.N. Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
Mission: “…set…out global strategy to prevent crime and promote stable criminal justice systems...and improving the efficiency and fairness of criminal justice administration systems."
Members: Libya, Russia, Sudan, Iran, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan
Mission: “…support, address and contribute to gender equality and the empowerment and the advancement of women…”
Members: Executive Board: Libya, Saudi Arabia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, China
U.N. Economic and Social Council
Mission: “…responsible for: promoting higher standards of living, full employment, and economic and social progress…encouraging universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms…"
Members: Saudi Arabia
U.N. Commission on Sustainable Development
Mission: "...to promote dialogue and build partnerships for sustainable development with major groups include[ing] women, youth, indigenous peoples, non-governmental organizations, local authorities, workers and trade unions, business and industry, the scientific community, and farmers…"
Members: Angola, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia
U.N. Commission on Social Development
Mission: “….promoting full employment and decent work for all...Improving public sector effectiveness....National and international cooperation for social development..."
Members: Cuba, Egypt, Zimbabwe
U.N. Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations
Mission: “…The consideration of applications for consultative status [with the UN]…submitted by NGOs…”
Members: Sudan, Cuba, Pakistan, China
U.N. Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT)
Mission: “…promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all…security of tenure and equal access to economic resources for all, with a specific focus on gender equality.”
Members: Governing Council: Iran
U.N. Committee on Information
Mission: “To promote the establishment of a new, more just and more effective world information and communication order…based on the free circulation and wider and better-balanced dissemination of information…”
Members: China, Libya, Kazakhstan, Iran
U.N. Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Mission: “….advocate for the protection of children's rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential…”
Members: Executive Board: Sudan, China
U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees
Mission: “…safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.”
Members: Executive Committee: Lebanon, Somalia, Sudan
U.N. World Food Programme
Mission: “advocate policies, strategies and operations that directly benefit the poor and hungry."
Members: Executive Board: Sudan
UN Peacekeepers Child Sexual Abuse
The United Nations since its founding has been enmeshed in various scandals.
In July 1997 the UN announced an investigation into United Nations Peacekeeping Forces in Cote d'Ivoire on charges of widespread sexual abuse with a large number of underage girls. More than 300 members of UN peacekeeping missions around the world have been investigated for sexual exploitation and abuse since 2004, including some stationed in Congo, Cambodia and Haiti.
- 1998 - Bosnia 
- 2003 - Nepalese troops accused of sexual abuse while serving in DR Congo. Six are later jailed
- 2004 - Two UN peacekeepers repatriated after being accused of abuse in Burundi
- 2005 - UN troops accused of rape and sexual abuse in Sudan 
- 2006 - UN personnel accused of rape and exploitation on missions is Haiti and Liberia
- 2007 - UN launches probe into sexual abuse claims in Ivory Coast
Notable roles of U.S. Ambassadors to the U.N.
- 1981–1985, Jeane Kirkpatrick - Denunciated the Soviet Union for the Sept. 1, 1983, shootdown of Korean Airlines Flight 007 in international airspace just west of Sakhalin Island.
- Pubantz, Jerry, ed. Encyclopedia of the United Nations (2nd ed. 2008), useful basic guide to all activities
- Weiss, Thomas G., and Sam Daws, eds. The Oxford Handbook on the United Nations (2009), 848pp; articles by scholars excerpt and text search
- Weiss, Thomas G. The United Nations and Changing World Politics (6th ed. 2009), 504pp; solid college textbook and text search
- United Nations Day — Day of Shame, by Steve Byas of The New American
- Funding the United Nations Is Making Less Sense Than Ever, by James Murphy of The New American
- Articles about the United Nations from previous "In the news"
- War on Sovereignty
- Atheism and world peace
- Atheists and conflict resolution
- United Nations - Official site
- All about the United Nations Budget June 2006
- UN General Assembly President Shaikha Haya Rashed Al Khalifa calls for Islamic texts re-interpretation, Khaleej Times Online, 19 May 2007.
- International Committee for the Rescue of KAL 007 Survivors
- UNDP Officials Said To Hamper Probe Into Counterfeit Cash, By Benny Avni, The New York Sun, June 7, 2007.
- H.R. 972 Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2005 - Title I: Combatting International Trafficking in Persons - (Sec. 101); Directs the U.S. Secretary of State, prior to voting for a peacekeeping mission, to notify the appropriate Congressional committees respecting measures taken to prevent Peacekeeping personnel from involvement in human trafficking or sexual exploitation.
Sites critical of the U.N.
- UN Watch
- UN is Evil
- What Liberals Say - Category: United Nations, Accuracy In Media
- Letter: United Nations is a Communist Plot
- American Thinker explanation
- There are some caveats; It is administered by the United Nations, and Subject only to International Law, but is still part of the United States.
- Kincaid, Cliff. The Plan For Socialist World Government. Accuracy in Media. Retrieved on 2010-02-06.
- United Nations. Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. Retrieved on 2010-02-06.
- Liberal equals socialist equals communitarian equals fabian society equals Agenda 21. middletownca.com. Retrieved on 2010-02-06.
- Paun, Carmen (May 30, 2019). UN secretary-general attacks populists in Charlemagne Prize speech. Politico. Retrieved May 30, 2019.
"The Russians are and will continue to be on the inside of any military action taken by the Security Council of the United Nations", Rep. Usher L. Burdick, North Dakota, January 17, 1957:
"This means that since the Security Council was organized, the Russians, through the Secretary [of the Security Council], have had close touch with all military plans. The directives to MacArthur and the reports coming from him, passed through the hands of this Secretary. Now can you realize what MacArthur was up against in trying to win the Korean War?"
- International Court of Justice, How the Court works, retrieved 26 April 2007.
- The U.N.'s Hypocrisy in Tibet, Joseph Klein, Front Page Magazine, March 28, 2008
- IBD Editorial, U.N. Fiddles As China Torches Tibet, retrieved 30 March 2008.
- Starr, Penny (January 1, 2018). U.N. Chief Issues ‘Red Alert’ Against Nationalism, Xenophobia, Climate Change for 2018. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Montgomery, Jack (January 12, 2018). New United Nations Boss Unveils Plan to Promote Global Mass Migration. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Williams, Thomas D. (April 3, 2018). UN Easter Message: Migration Is ‘Inevitable – Desirable – Necessary’. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Montgomery, Jack (May 20, 2018). United Nations Migration Chief Attacks Trump, Claims Mass Migration in ‘National Interest’. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Hale, Virginia (September 22, 2018). UN Refugee Chief Denies Migrant Crisis in Europe, Declares Mass Migration a ‘Source of Progress and Prosperity’. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 22, 2018.
- Munro, Neil (October 10, 2018). U.N. Official Says U.S. Judge Must Block Donald Trump’s Migration Reforms. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Madden, Nate (April 25, 2019). The UN is directly assisting the erosion of our sovereignty at the border. Why are we still funding it? Conservative Review. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Rush, Nayla (July 10, 2019). UNICEF Chief: Developed World "Must" Welcome All Migrants Because "Migration Is Not a Choice". Center for Immigration Studies. Retrieved July 10, 2019.
- Starr, Penny (May 6, 2019). UN: Humans Could Cause Extinction of 1 Million Species, Globalism Will Fix. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- Worstall, Tim (May 6, 2019). A UN report is concerned about 1 million species going extinct, but its solutions are dead wrong. Washington Examiner. Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- Newman, Alex (February 6, 2019). Education’s Future: Globalization of Indoctrination. The New American. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Newman, Alex (November 23, 2019). UN-funded “Sex Ed” Teaches U.S. Children Perversion. The New American. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Kent, Simon (December 22, 2019). U.N. Imposes Strict Gender Quotas on British Army for Africa Jihadi Fight. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 22, 2019.
- Newman, Alex (November 12, 2018). UN Demands Ban on Trump-style “Nationalist Populism”. The New American. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Ruse, Austin (March 11, 2019). United Nations secretary-general prepared to fight free speech worldwide. LifeSiteNews (from C-Fam). Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- Kraychik, Robert (November 8, 2019). U.N. Hosts Exhibit on Iran’s ‘Human Rights Achievements’. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 9, 2019.
- Richardson, Valerie (May 22, 2019). 'Authoritative propaganda': Skeptics blast U.N. warning of mass species extinction. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 23, 2019.
- Evansky, Ben; Shaw, Adam (July 13, 2019). Chinese influence surges at UN, as US warns of ‘concerted push’ to advance agenda. Fox News. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Newman, Alex (July 10, 2019). Using Bribery and Threats, China Seizes Another UN Agency. The New American. Retrieved July 13, 2019.
- Budryk, Zack (July 30, 2019). UN: Trump administration 'rolling back progress' with death penalty decision. The Hill. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- United Nations Committee Pushes Countries to Promote Abortion in CEDAW Mtg, Samantha Singson, Life News, February 15, 2008
- Ruse, Austin (February 15, 2019). Pro-abortion UN helped pass New York abortion-till-birth law. LifeSiteNews (from C-Fam). Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Mohamad Kamal al-Labwani, The UN Process and the War Crimes of Assad, Washington Institute, Feb 11, 2021.
After the UN's failures regarding Assad, Syrians need a more forceful option to restore their dignity and rights....
Despite massive evidence of perpetrating crimes against humanity and war crimes, the Syrian regime seems to be in a state of impunity when it comes to international justice. At present, the UN peace efforts seem to be aiding Assad’s attempts to legitimize himself rather than punishing him for war crimes. The Syrian Civil Movement, a group of tens of thousands of Syrian activists and civilians who have suffered the atrocities of the ongoing dirty war in Syria, call on all those involved in finding peace for Syria to remember the truth of the war’s dynamics.
The UN efforts to resolve the Syrian crisis in Vienna currently appear to be driven by a misdiagnosis of the situation in Syria as a conflict between pro- and anti-regime groups. In fact, the conflict remains an authoritarian regime’s heinous crackdown on its own civilians with a horrifying number of human casualties, massive civilian displacement, and extensive destruction.
- Congressional Record: Proceedings and Debates of the ..., Volume 107, Part 24, United States Congress 1961, p.5735:
Warmongering in the U.N. Extension of Remarks Of Hon. Lester Holtzman Of New York. In the House of Representatives. Wednesday, July 26, 1961... Shukairy got his start in politics in the early 1930s when he belonged to a group of fanatical extremists led by the ex-Muftl... when Soviet Russia joined the Allies, Shukairy's group split with the Communists and went all out for Hitler.
- Looking Back: December 14, 2012, The Forward. December 5, 2012 50 Years Ago. 1962 More and more evidence is coming to light that a number of Arab countries are actively courting former Nazis and bringing them over... Ahmed Shukairy, Saudi Arabia's current representative to the U.N., was a close collaborator with the mufti. He continues to spread Nazi-style hatred of Jews, even in the United Nations.
- 16/12/1991, A/RES/46/86, Elimination of racism and racial discrimination/Zionism
- UN Web Site for International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, retrieved June 29, 2007
- Israel fears Obama will strike again. World Israel News. December 26, 2016. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Berkowitz, Adam Eliyahu (December 26, 2016). Fed Up With United States Trickery, Netanyahu Takes Drastic Actions. Breaking Israel News. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Israel halts $6 million to UN to protest UN settlements vote. Fox News (from the Associated Press). January 6, 2017. Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- Tobin, Jonathan S. (March 17, 2017). More than Just Another Anti-Israel U.N. Farce. National Review. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Russell, George (March 17, 2017). Beyond 'apartheid'--U.N. commission pushes legal and propaganda offensive against Israel. Fox News. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Shaw, Adam (March 17, 2017). UN official resigns over nixed anti-Israel report after pressure from Haley. Fox News. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- UN Official Quitting Over ‘Israel Apartheid’ Report. Breitbart News. March 17, 2017. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Murphy, James (July 27, 2019). UN Council Condemns Israel as Sole World Violator of Women’s Rights. The New American. Retrieved July 29, 2019.
- Danan, Deborah (July 29, 2019). UN Resolutions Smear Israel as ‘Obstacle’ to Women’s Rights, Ignore Actual Violators. Brietbart News. Retrieved July 29, 2019.
- Congressional Record (Bound Edition), Volume 146 (2000), Part 15 [Senate] [Pages 22562-22566] [From the U.S. Government Publishing Office, www.gpo.gov] MIDDLE EAST CRISIS A Country United] The Arab lobby at the United Nations always asks for the moon, in the hopes of passing a slightly less outrageous version...
- Racists cry racism at U.N. conference - WND, Sep 10, 2001
- Richard Goldstone, "Reconsidering the Goldstone Report on Israel and war crimes." April 1, 2011.
- The U.N.’s Top 10 Worst Anti-Israel Actions of 2020 UN Watch, January 13, 2021
- (@YosephHaddad) Tweeted: There are real crimes of oppression, violence and killing of civilians around the world around the world. This is happening right now in Cuba, in South Africa and even in the Palestinian Authority. But the UN Human Rights Council, the International Criminal Court in The Hague and even the US administration are silent and continue to engage only in Israel. July 16, 2021
- Lahav Harkov, "Israel critics comprise UNHRC’s permanent war-crimes probe." JPost, July 22, 2021. All three panelists have a history of activism and inflammatory rhetoric against Israel.
- Lahav Harkov (@LahavHarkov) Tweeted: I know this is really going to shock all 3 of you who thought Israel was going to get a fair shake, but the 3 members of the UNHRC’s permanent war-crimes probe against Israel all have a history of inflammatory anti-Israel statements and activism. https://t.co/Aw91xA17jO July 22, 2021
- Itamar Eichner, In major win for Israel, 31 countries to boycott anti-Semitic UN conference, Ynet, Sep 20, 2021.
- Yoseph Haddad (@YosephHaddad) Tweeted (Sep 22, 2021)https://t.co/VMjDlFiFJG
- Gerald M Steinberg, "Durban IV: The UN’s festival of hate", JNS, Sep 22, 2021.
Now, as in 2001, many of those who claim to speak in the name of morality and law continue to support the perpetrators of inhuman brutality, and erase the victims of terror and injustice.
- D. Bernstein, "Twenty years after Durban, what we still get wrong about left-wing anti-Semitism," JNS, Sep 26, 2021.
Talking about the anti-Semitism at Durban without reference to postcolonialist ideology is like talking about the attacks of Sept. 11 without reference to extreme Islamist ideology. The Durban conference was a watershed moment for Jews around the world, a stark reminder that the deliverance from the forces of history was not yet in the offing. The world’s oldest hatred was alive and well, not just in the remnants of an unreconstructed Eastern Europe or the aggrieved masses of the Third World, but among the cosmopolitan classes of the West. Yet few people addressed a basic question about this revival of anti-Semitism: What was the underlying ideology driving the Jew-hatred at Durban? And, 20 years later, with a resurgence of left-wing anti-Semitism in the United States and Europe, many still haven’t figured out how a variant of that same virus generates anti-Semitism today.
- Richard Goldberg, "Trump should crack down on UNRWA, finally end fiction of Palestinian ‘refugees’", NYPost, December 27, 2017.
By most definitions, refugees are those forced to flee their country because of persecution, war or violence. Nearly every refugee in the world is cared for by the United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees, whose ultimate goal is repatriation, resettlement and integration. The exception? Palestinian refugees.Arab states insisted on a different definition for Palestinian-Arab refugees of the Israeli War of Independence — and a different agency to care for them. Today, millions of people are referred to as “Palestinian refugees” even though the only home they, and in many cases even their parents and grandparents, have ever known is either a refugee camp or an Arab host nation like Jordan.
- Seidman, Hillel. United Nations, perfidy and perversion. New York: M.P. Press, 1982. pp. 187-8.
U.N. SCHOOL HOUSED ARAFAT'S SCHOOL FOR TERRORISTS (The Jerusalem Post, June 24, 1982, by Yosef Goell) (excerpts)
SIDON .– what was apparently the central training school for Fatah terrorists in Lebanon was discovered several days ago by Israeli soldiers in a vocational training school run by the United Nations Relief and Work Agency. [. . .] The lower buildings were devoted exclusively to the Fatah terrorist training school. of RPG (rocket - propelled grenade) launchers and missiles, Kalashnikov assault rifles, anti-tank and anti-aircraft missile launchers, hand grenades and an assortment of other weapons and explosives. The officer in charge of de-activating the weapons and explosives said the large cache was mostly of Soviet and Eastern Bloc origin, but Chinese, Swedish, Belgian and NATO equipment and American recoilless rifles were also found. The terrorist training centre had a modern audio-visual language laboratory, in every way the equal of the Hebrew university's language laboratory. Most of the students' rooms contained eight double-decker beds and a double locker for each student.
Clothing and personal possessions had been left behind in disarray, in what was apparently a hasty flight just ahead of the Israeli forces. The lockers contained books on business English, illustrated weapons manuals in Arabic, PLO propaganda material...
.. officer in charge said that one of the rooms in the building had been fitted out for Yasser Arafat's personal use as one of his scattered headquarters.
Personal effects said to belong to the PLO chairman were on display, including his well-known Russian fur hat. In another room, a picture of Arafat on the wall was flanked by a large black swastika on a red background.
Several dozen truckloads of weapons , ammunition and explosives had already been removed from the school by the time of yesterday's visit, and there were still many to come. Other arms caches were discovered in the general area, largely in private homes.The unofficial IDF military governor of Sidon later said that the IDF had invited UNRWA to continue its activities in all its schools. None of the UNRWA staff of the Siblin school could be found to explain the double use that had been made of their vocational - training facilities over the years.
- Schoenberg, Harris Okun. A Mandate for Terror: The United Nations and the PLO. United States: Shapolsky Publishers, 1989. p. 183
While no debates and no pledging conferences were organized by the UN for Jewish refugees , the mandate for UNRWA was extended decades ... donating $ 60- $ 100 million a year, to prevent the radicalization of the refugees when, in fact, the camps were the breeding ground for PLO terror. The Associated Oress reported already on June 18, 1979 that PLO terrorists controlled...
During Israel's 1982 strike against the PLO in Lebanon , the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) revealed that UNRWA schools were used as terrorist bases and that shelters and schools were used as arms depots . The IDF also discovered a training school for Fatah terrorists in Lebanon located in a vocational training school run by UNRWA at Siblin. At the Siblin Vocational Training Center situated on a mountaintop several kilometers north of Sidon, the IDF found rocket-propelled grenade launchers and missiles, Kalashnikov assault rifles, anti - tank and anti-aircraft missile launchers, hand grenades, abd an assortment of other weapons and explosives.
The center featured a modern audio-visual language laboratory to help students assigned to terrorist activities to work in different parts of the world.
The student dormitory was found strewn with military uniforms. In one room, a picture of Arafat on the wall was flanked by a large black swastika on a red background. A captured document seemed to show that UNIFIL, the UN peacekeeping forces in southern Lebanon, provided intelligence to the PLO about coming Israeli reprisals.
Information uncovered by the IDF revealed that no student was permitted to graduate from the Siblin Center without graduating first from the Fatah course of study and serving a minimum of twelve months with the PLO. The initial coverup was undertaken by UNRWA's employees. All but 120 of the 17,000 UNRWA staff are Palestinian Arabs. As one staff member put it a few years later. "You might say we're a Palestinian agency under the UN flag."
UNRWA headquarters continued to cover up until the U.S. suspended payments in 1982 and made no new pledge for 1983.The UN agency finally issued a report which confirmed all the charges. UNRWA's Commissioner-General Olof Rydbeck, the former Swedish ambassador at the UN, later admitted that for some time prior to the disclosure, he had not been permitted to inspect UNRWA camps in southern Lebanon without prior notice to the PLO, and then only with an escort provided by the organization...
- Becker, Jillian. The Plo: The Rise and Fall of the Palestine Liberation Organization. United Kingdom: AuthorHouse, 2014. p. 186.
One room in it was reserved as an office for Yasser Arafat. His portrait hung on the wall above a swastika. Teaching material was stacked in the upper storey, including, in 1982, poems praising the assassins of Anwar Sadat. The lower storey of the building was used as an arms store for Katyusha rockets, rocket propelled grenades, hand-grenades, mines, and Kalashnikov sub-machine-guns. Most of them were of Soviet make, but some were from Sweden, and there was also some NATO equipment. A lecturer from Norway visited the Siblin school inJuly 1982 and reported that 'they were filled with hand-grenades, weapons, uniforms, military manuals, PLO propaganda and posters showing [on the map] the final solution of the Palestinian problem – the abolition of Israel.'
For the most part, the education of the young was an education in active aggression. It formed fighters for the Palestinian Revolution.This was the case even in the ordinary UNRWA school, where general school curricula were followed, but all subjects were used as vehicles of propaganda.
- Ben Gad, Yitschak. Politics, Lies, and Videotape: 3,000 Questions and Answers on the Mideast Crisis. United States: Shapolsky Publishers, 1991. p. 165.
UNRWA SCHOOL HOUSES ARAFAT'S SCHOOL OF VIOLENCE: A 1982 picture of Arafat and the Nazi swastika are among the wall decorations of a room in the UNRWA school in Siblin (South Lebanon) which was turned into a terrorist training center by the PLO that year. (Rahamim Israeli).
- Shiryn Ghermezian, "Israel’s UN Ambassador Calls for ‘Immediate’ Suspension of UNRWA Spokesman Chris Gunness", Algemeiner, July 16, 2014.
“Rather than denouncing Hamas’s targeting of innocent civilians, Mr. Gunness is shamelessly promoting an individual who shares Hamas’s morally reprehensible convictions,” Prosor said in his letter. “Hamas, an internationally recognized terrorist organization, deliberately embeds its military operations in residential areas and exploits its own civilian population as human shields. These actions constitute war crimes and should be condemned in no uncertain terms. In failing to do so, Mr. Gunness is ignoring Hamas’s abuse of the civilian population in Gaza and acting in opposition to UNRWA’s mandate.” Prosor also accused Gunness of displaying “an ongoing pattern of anti-Israel bias,” adding, “he has abused his position to promote incitement against Israel and present a one-sided view of reality.” Prosor said that on Monday, after Hamas fired a rocket at an electrical plant in Ashkelon cutting off power to 70,000 Gazans, “Mr. Gunness tweeted that the lights had gone out, conveniently omitting Hamas’s responsibility.”
- Raphael Ahren,, "UN agency handed rockets back to Hamas, Israel says", TOI, July 20, 2014.
UNRWA says it gave 20 missiles found in Gaza school to ‘local authorities’ that are under the ‘government of national consensus in Ramallah’
- Bassem Eid, "Proud Palestinians must lead the fight to reform UNRWA." JPost, Dec 1, 2014. "We can no longer deny our responsibility for the future of our people."
- UNRWA's hypocrite Chris Gunness has a meltdown over Bassam Eid op-ed EoZ, Dec 4, 2014
- UNRWA’s Chris Gunness, Vile as Ever, Blames Israel for Hamas Medical Crimes, Algemeiner, Aug 10, 2015
- Richard Landes (@richard_landes) Tweeted Sep 7, 2015: Will Chris Gunness ever be held to account for his role in Hamas' cannibalistic "dead baby" strategy? http://t.co/zyiJm7c2L0
- Over 100 UNRWA teachers incite violence, antisemitism online - report, Jerusalem Post Staff, JPost, Aug 3, 2021.
- Israel rejects UNRWA chief’s ‘neutrality training’, demands Hitler-admiring teachers be fired, UN Watch, August 12, 2021
- UN Watch (@UNWatch) Tweeted (Aug 4, 2021):
Meet Nahed Sharawi, a math teacher at an UNRWA school in Gaza.
She posted a Hitler video with his quotes in order to “enlighten and enrich” her friends’ minds. She also posted an antisemitic story depicting Jews as scheming thieves.
(Nahed Sharawi - Sep 29, 2017, Feb 13, 2018: )
- Maya Margit, "UNRWA Educators Promote Anti-Semitism, Praise Hitler Online: Watchdog", The Media Line, Aug 3, 2021.
UN Watch documents more than 100 cases of hateful social media content, calls on Western governments to review funding
More than 100 employees of the UN agency that runs schools and social services for Palestinians have posted anti-Semitic content on social media, with some openly praising Adolf Hitler, a UN Watch report released on Monday shows.
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) is tasked with providing aid to Palestinians. It runs schools and a plethora of social services in the West Bank, Gaza and Arab countries neighboring Israel.
In the report, titled “Beyond the Textbooks,” UN Watch highlights 22 recent cases of UNRWA staff inciting violence and spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories on social media, thereby violating the agency’s supposed zero-tolerance policy.
UN Watch, an independent, Geneva-based organization, further lists 113 UNRWA educators and staff who have publicly promoted violent or hateful rhetoric in recent years.
The cases include meticulous supporting documentation and stretch back to 2015.
Though it has been made aware of these problematic instances UNRWA has repeatedly failed to act on the matter, UN Watch Director Hillel Neuer told The Media Line.
“The response from UNRWA is inaction and indifference,” he said. “Our question to UNRWA is: Where is your follow-up?
“You know that you have teachers in front of a classroom who praise Hitler,” Neuer continued. “In any other classroom around the world, when it’s exposed that a teacher on social media praised Hitler, they’re fired!”
In one particularly disturbing case documented in detail in the report, an UNRWA math teacher in Gaza named Nahed Sharawi posted a video of Hitler. Accompanying captions show Sharawi endorsing the video and stating that it was chosen to “enrich and enlighten your minds and thoughts.” Shared on Facebook in early 2018, the post has since been removed or made private.
[UNRWA Gaza math teacher Nahed Sharawi, who shared a video of Adolf Hitler in 2018 with inspirational quotes to “enrich and enlighten your thoughts and minds.” (Courtesy UN Watch)]
Other educators posted anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, such as Husni Masri, who teaches in the West Bank, in an area under the Palestinian Authority’s control. Masri wrote that Jews control the world, created COVID-19 and seek to destroy Islam.Another UNRWA math teacher, Fatima Abu Mufreh, shared a post in May 2018 where she called for armed violence against Israel: “After today, nothing should speak other than the missiles of the resistance, the rifles of its jihad warriors, and our tanned forearms,” the post read.
- R. Blum, "UNRWA’s deceitful ploys to stifle Israeli truth-telling", JPost, Oct 7, 2021.
Ambassador to the UN Gilad Erdan was prevented from bringing picture proving antisemitic nature of UNRWA teachers into General Assembly  (photo credit: SPOKESMAN FOR AMBASSADOR GILAD ERDAN)
The corrupt body, whose ill-deserved status as an agency for “refugees” keeps it in financial cover, continues to employ educators who regularly incite terrorism against Jews. Given the nature and mission of United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), it shouldn’t have come as a surprise that Israeli Ambassador to the UN Gilad Erdan was prevented on Monday from entering the General Assembly hall with a prop proving the point he intended to make at a meeting about the organization.
The item was a poster illustrating the antisemitic views of an UNRWA school teacher in Gaza by praising Adolf Hitler. Erdan had equipped himself with the placard to refute the statements he knew were going to be made by UNRWA Commissioner-General Philippe Lazzarini.
He had good reason to want to come prepared with visual evidence. The corrupt body, whose ill-deserved status as an agency for “refugees” keeps it in financial cover, continues to employ educators who regularly incite terrorism against Jews, both in the classroom and on social media.
This was one key impetus for the decision by the administration of former US president Donald Trump in 2018 to cut America’s entire aid budget to UNRWA. In the first place, the bloated agency has spent the many decades since its inception perpetuating the “refugee crisis,” rather than using its mandate to settle the approximately 600,000 “persons whose normal place of residence was Palestine during the period 1 June 1946 to 15 May 1948, and who lost both home and means of livelihood as a result of the 1948 conflict [Israel’s War of Independence].”
Second, and even more egregiously, it has actively and passively abetted terrorism. Not only does it hire people affiliated with Hamas, but the terrorist group that rules Gaza uses UNRWA schools and other buildings as facilities for the storage of weapons.
.... Lazzarini doesn’t seem to know or care that this is the case. Instead of vowing to root out such evil, he took the opportunity of the meeting in question to say that he’s “proud of UNRWA’s education system and its resources.”
UNRWA, he stated, “uses host country curricula in line with the best practices in refugee education.”
Let that sink in. The head of UNRWA acknowledged that what he’s up to is “refugee education”: encouraging kids born and raised in Judea, Samaria and Gaza – like their parents and even many of their grandparents – to embrace their misery, not extricate themselves from it.
At least he was being honest about that. Nevertheless, he out-and-out lied when he asserted that “UNRWA has a zero-tolerance policy for hate speech, incitement, discrimination, hostility or violence.”
To soften the fabrication, he added, “I am, however, acutely aware that we are operating in a highly divided and emotionally charged environment where zero risk does not exist.”
It was a typical maneuver to make UNRWA sound measured, while excusing its Gaza staff for vile behavior. He promptly corrected the faux “balance,” however, by concluding: “Politically motivated attacks on our education system, and more broadly against the agency, are increasing in frequency and in aggression. Those behind these attacks do not have the well-being of Palestinian refugee children at heart.”
No, he wasn’t joking. He even managed to keep a straight face when he insisted that UNRWA schools teach their pupils about human rights, conflict resolution, tolerance, gender equality and democracy. Hamas and Islamic Jihad operatives must have gotten a kick out of that absurdity.
ERDAN WAS certainly not amused. When it was his turn to address the gathering, he said, “I am shocked, because I brought here with me a photo of an UNRWA teacher’s post glorifying the most horrific mass murderer in history, Adolf Hitler. Unfortunately, shockingly, I was prevented from bringing in this photo in order to share this proof with the other distinguished ambassadors here.”
Bemoaning the “very dangerous precedent” of denying his “freedom of expression” and “hiding the truth from the UN,” he let it rip.
“Hamas has built terror tunnels under UNRWA schools and stored weapons,” he said. “Textbooks used in UNRWA schools have glorified terrorists, called Jews Satan’s helpers and displayed maps that erase Israel. UNRWA is part of the problem, not the solution, and the time has come for the international community to hold it accountable.”
...he told reporters that “the UN isn’t just biased; it also shuts mouths. The UNRWA commissioner-general said here that he was proud of his teachers. I didn’t allow his lies to go without a response. I will continue fighting for our truth.”
... the placard incident came on the heels of another UNRWA attempt at stifling critics. On October 3, UN Watch director Hillel Neuer was cut off in mid-sentence while testifying on this very topic via video conference before the UN Human Rights Council.
“Madame President, is UNRWA supporting peace?” he asked rhetorically, then going on to illustrate why the answer is no.
“Let us consider UN Watch’s recent report on the teachers they hire, by looking at their social media,” he began. “Nahed Sharawi, an UNRWA math teacher in Gaza, posted a video of Adolf Hitler, along with quotes ‘to enrich and enlighten your thoughts and minds.’”
He went on: “Husni Masri, an UNRWA teacher in the West Bank, posted antisemitic conspiracy theories about how Jews control the world, created the coronavirus and seek to destroy Islam.”
Just as he was about to name a certain Esraa Abdal Raheem as a third UNRWA antisemite, UNHRC President Nazhat Shameem suddenly interrupted him.
“I ask the secretariat to pause this video,” she said sternly. “I have noticed that in the course of this video, derogatory, insulting and inflammatory remarks have been made, which in particular refer to specific individuals. This amounts to personal attacks against those individuals, and it is not acceptable in this forum. This statement is out of order, and I give the floor to the next speaker, the Palestinian Return Center, Ltd.”
You honestly cannot make this stuff up.
The libelous rant that ensued – about Palestinians “deprived of their innate human right to water, due to Israeli military blockade and constant Israeli military assaults” – was predictable. After all, members of the UNHRC include China, Pakistan and Nigeria, which are among the world’s worst violators of religious and other freedoms. Spreading disinformation is the least of their sins.
.. The trouble is, as Neuer’s tireless work reveals, that UNRWA doesn’t operate in a vacuum.
On the contrary, it’s one of many dangerous United Nations NGOs that have no legitimate cause for existing, other than to pad their own coffers. UNRWA enjoys the added benefit of perpetuating Palestinian poverty while providing cover for mass murderers bent on annihilating Israel...The item was a poster illustrating the antisemitic views of an UNRWA school teacher in Gaza by praising Adolf Hitler. Erdan had equipped himself with the placard to refute the statements he knew were going to be made by UNRWA Commissioner-General Philippe Lazzarini.
- U.N.'s Ban condemns Dutch film as anti-Islamic, Reuters, March 28, 2008.
- The United Nations: Islam’s Gestapo, Stephen Brown, Front Page Magazine, April 11, 2008 ()
- Why the Security Council Failed, Michael J. Glennon, Foreign Affairs, May/June 2003.
- Newman, Alex (August 12, 2019). UN To America: Open the Border, Kill More Babies. The New American. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Rosiak, Luke (November 12, 2019). Obama, Clinton Alumni Serve at UN, Continuing Liberal Influence Over International Affairs During Trump Era. The Epoch Times (from The Daily Caller). Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- ‘Clearly botched’: Biden White House under assault on Afghanistan drawdown, By NATASHA KORECKI and CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO, Politico, 08/15/2021
- U.N. Hypocrisy On Full Display, Anne Bayefsky, Fox News, March 4, 2011
- U.N. suspends peacekeepers amid sex abuse charges, CNN, July 21, 2007.
- UN probes 'abuse' in Ivory Coast, BBC, July 23, 2007.
- Teenagers 'used for sex by UN in Bosnia', By Stewart Payne, London Telegraph, 25/04/2002.
- UN staff accused of raping children in Sudan, By Kate Holt in Juba and Sarah Hughes, London Telegraph, 04/01/2007.