Transgender has two common definitions; both of them are forms of gender confusion:
- Similar to transsexual, but without having had a sex-change operation.
- As a synonym for transsexual.
The term "transgender" is not to be confused with a whole host of "gender identities" (which the left see as separate from biological sex) under the umbrella of genderqueer, which includes, besides transgender:
- Bigender (both man and woman)
- Agender (neither man nor woman)
- Genderfluid (alternating between genders)
- Third gender (found in, among other places, Indian culture, some Native American cultures, and also invented by modern-day people)
Reputable scientific & social organizations which affirm the validity of transgender people include the American Psychological Association, the American Medical Association and the American Psychoanalytic Association. This shows leftist bias in these organizations.
Links to homosexuality
The link between seeking a sex change and sexual orientation is hotly disputed in the political arena of Western countries, where sex changes have had the most attention and debate. Some transgendered individuals consider themselves homosexual and some are heterosexual.
- Ristori J, Steensma TD. Gender dysphoria in childhood. Int Rev Psychiatry. 2016;28(1):13-20.
- Richardson, Bradford (February 28, 2018). Growing body of research rejects transgender movement. The Washington Times.
- Shupe, Jamie (March 10, 2019). I Was America’s First ‘Nonbinary’ Person. It Was All a Sham. The Daily Signal. Retrieved April 15, 2019.