Ursula von der Leyen
On July 16, 2019, the pro-EU establishment majority of the European Parliament narrowly elected Von der Leyen as President of the European Commission, after she had been handpicked by European leaders as their nominee.
In January 2019, Von der Leyen effectively called for using NATO to put suppress those who oppose the globalist world order. She supports a unified EU army, opposes Brexit, and strongly supports EU integration. She has been criticized for her performance as Germany's defense minister. She has explicitly stated that a "United States of Europe" is her goal as EU Commission President.
- Friedman, Victoria (July 16, 2019). Farage: Von der Leyen Wants to Build ‘Updated Form of Communism’, Advance EU Army. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Weise, Zia (July 4, 2019). Ursula von der Leyen: In her own words. Politico. Retrieved July 19, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Chee, Foo Yun (July 15, 2019). Germany's Von der Leyen secures powerful EU executive top job. Reuters. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Casert, Raf (July 16, 2019). Von der Leyen confirmed as new European Commission president. Associated Press. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Norman, Laurence (July 16, 2019). German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen Wins Vote for European Commission President. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Gabriela Baczynska (July 17, 2019). Von der Leyen cracks EU parliament nut, national leaders will prove tougher. Reuters. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- Newman, Alex (January 21, 2019). German Defense Chief: Unleash NATO on Opponents of “World Order”. The New American. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- Friedman, Victoria (July 16, 2019). EU Army ‘Already Taking Shape’ Brags German Defence Minister. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Friedman, Victoria (July 11, 2019). German Eurocrat Nominee ‘Hopes’ UK Stays in EU. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Lane, Oliver JJ (July 2, 2019). Merkel’s Trump-Lecturing Protege Considered for Top EU Bureaucrat Job. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Krah, Maximilian (July 16, 2019). German Populist MEP: Incompetent Merkel Protege von der Leyen will Destroy the European Union. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Rogan, Tom (July 17, 2019). Weak on defense, new European Union chiefs are perfect for their roles. Washington Examiner. Retrieved July 17, 2019.