Nimrata "Nikki" Haley (née Randhawa, born January 20, 1972, in Lexington, South Carolina) is the United States Ambassador to the United Nations, serving in the Trump Administration since 2017. She served as the Republican governor of South Carolina from 2011 until 2017. Previously, from 2004 to 2010, she served as a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives. She was endorsed for governor by the former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and won a difficult election.
Haley, one of the strongest fiscal conservatives in state government, was first elected to represent the 87th District in Lexington County in 2004, when, as a virtual unknown she beat the longest serving state legislator in a Republican primary. In 2008 Representative Haley was sent back to the statehouse with 83 percent of the vote – the highest percentage earned by any lawmaker facing a contested South Carolina election that year.
- 100% Pro-Life
- 100% Pro-2nd Amendment
- "A" rating from the Club for Growth (despite its connections to the Koch Brothers)
- True fiscal conservative
- Supports traditional, family values and opposed to homosexual "marriage"
- Against Obamacare
- Pro-Israel (has called for the United States to cease foreign aid to countries which voted to oppose the US' recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital)
- Bowed to liberal pressure and political correctness in opposing flying the Confederate flag (despite the specific flag design representing state's rights rather than slavery)
- Did not support Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign (but did not oppose him either; her lack of open support did not stop President Trump from nominating her as UN Ambassador)
- She takes more liberal positions on immigration.
- She has strong neocon leanings.
- Shaw, Adam (October 9, 2018). Nikki Haley resigns as UN ambassador, stays mum on next move. Fox News. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Caplan, Joshua (October 9, 2018). President Trump: Nikki Haley Leaving UN Post at Year’s end. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Murphy, James (October 9, 2018). Nikki Haley Resigns as Ambassador to the UN. The New American. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- Binder, John (July 24, 2018). Nikki Haley Pushes Multiculturalism: ‘Fabric of America’ Is ‘Multiple Cultures, Multiple Populations’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 24, 2018.