|Former U.S. Representative from California's 21st District|
From: January 3, 2013 – January 3, 2019
David Goncalves Valadao (born April 14, 1977, age 43) is a former member of the United States House of Representatives from California, having served from the 21st congressional district from 2013 to 2019.
U.S. House of Representatives
Rep. Valadao handily won re-election in 2014 with 57.8% of the vote.
Valadao is running in the 2020 U.S. House elections to gain back is old seat.
In the primary held on March 3, 2020 (in California state law, a single primary is held for all candidates regardless of party affiliation), Valadao finished first place with just over 50% of the vote, while Cox finished second with less than 40%.
Ranked overall as a relatively strong conservative by GovTrack, Valadao's only notable liberal position is on immigration, being an outspoken advocate of immigration “reform” and having received a “D+” rating from NumbersUSA.
- Religious affiliation of members of 115th Congress
- California's 21st Congressional District elections, 2012
- California's 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- California U.S. House 21st District Results: David Valadao Wins
- California Election Results: 21st House District
- 2020 California primary results
- House Ratings | Inside Elections
- Who wins 2020? House Election Predictions - Politico
- 2020 House Race ratings | The Cook Political Report
- Rep. David Valadao - GovTrack
- Valadao Calls On GOP Leadership To Address Immigration Reform
- This California Republican takes a daring stand on overhauling immigration
- David Valadao | Numbers USA