|Former U.S. Representative from California's 21st Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2013 – January 3, 2019
David Goncalves Valadao (born April 14, 1977, age 45) is a former member of the United States House of Representatives from California, having served from the 21st congressional district from 2013 to 2019. However, despite being defeated for re-election in 2018, he won a rematch in 2020 to serve for the 117th Congress.
U.S. House of Representatives
Rep. Valadao handily won re-election in 2014 with 57.8% of the vote.
Valadao ran in the 2020 U.S. House elections to gain back his old seat.
In the primary held on March 3, 2020 (in California state law, a single primary is held for all candidates regardless of party affiliation), Valadao finished first place with just over 50% of the vote, while Cox finished second with less than 40%.
Valadao defeated Rep. Cox by a narrow margin to take back the House seat.
Ranked overall as a relatively strong conservative by GovTrack, Valadao's only notable liberal position is on immigration, being an outspoken advocate of immigration “reform” and having received a “D+” rating from NumbersUSA. He supports mass-amnesty for illegal aliens.
He voted for Trump's second impeachment along with 9 other House Republicans. He also voted for Pelosi's witch-hunt Commission.
- Religious affiliation of members of 115th Congress
- California's 21st Congressional District elections, 2012
- California's 21st Congressional District elections, 2014
- California U.S. House 21st District Results: David Valadao Wins
- California Election Results: 21st House District
- 2020 California primary results
- House Ratings | Inside Elections
- Who wins 2020? House Election Predictions - Politico
- 2020 House Race ratings | The Cook Political Report
- California Election Results: 21st Congressional District
- Rep. David Valadao - GovTrack
- Valadao Calls On GOP Leadership To Address Immigration Reform
- This California Republican takes a daring stand on overhauling immigration
- David Valadao | Numbers USA