|U.S. Representative from Iowa's 5th District|
From: January 3, 2003 – Present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Steven Arnold "Steve" King (born May 28, 1949, in Storm Lake, Iowa) is a conservative who has served as the Republican U.S. Representative from Iowa's 5th congressional district since 2003. In 2017 he was chairman of the House Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Rights. Previously King served as a member of the Iowa State Senate. Rep. King is a movement conservative, and is particularly outspoken on the pro-life and immigration issues. He strongly supports the founding fathers and their Lockean values.
Strongly pro-life, Rep. Steve King is the lead sponsor on the Heartbeat Bill to prohibit abortion after a heartbeat is detectable in the unborn child. Phyllis Schlafly called Rep. King her "favorite congressman" for his strong conservative leadership on multiple issues. He holds strong positions against illegal immigration, open borders, globalism, and identity politics.
King is known as an outspoken conservative. He received a 100% rating from the National Right to Life Committee, an "A" from the National Taxpayers Union, and a 90% rating from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
The Left and the GOP establishment have falsely accused King of being a "white nationalist" because he associated with the conservative, patriotic, and pro-Israel Austrian Freedom Party, among other frivolous reasons. The media twisted King's statements while other Republicans frequently caved and sided with the media. While the GOP moved to punish King for being misquoted, neither Democrats nor Republicans made any move to reprimand far-left anti-Semitic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, and Democrats did not even criticize her, and they rewarded Ilhan Omar despite her strongly anti-Israel stances.
- Daugherty, Owen (May 29, 2019). Steve King says assuming all cultures are equal is 'devaluing' the Founding Fathers. The Hill. Retrieved May 30, 2019.
- Bowden, John (August 24, 2019). King doubles down, says rape, incest should not be factored in to abortion decisions. The Hill. Retrieved August 24, 2019.
- Starr, Penny (November 1, 2018). Steve King Pushes Back on ‘Desparate’ Midterm Smear Campaign. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 1, 2018.
- Keller, Megan (November 5, 2018). Steve King pushes back against criticism: 'Leftist media commits all out slander'. The Hill. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (January 15, 2019). Two Words From Steve King, and the Two Minutes Hate Begins. GOP Caves. The New American. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- Kirkwood, R. Cort (January 16, 2019). King: The Times Garbled My Remarks. Censure Coming? The New American. Retrieved January 16, 2019.
- Byas, Steve (August 15, 2019). Media Continues Tactic of False Narratives With New Attack on Representative King. The New American. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- Klein, Philip (January 16, 2019). Republicans sanctioned Steve King. Why won't Democrats even criticize Rashida Tlaib for promoting anti-Semitism? Washington Examiner. Retrieved January 16, 2019.
- Tapscott, Mark (January 21, 2019). GOP Punishes Steve King, Anti-Semitic Dem Gets Choice Committee. The Epoch Times. Retrieved January 21, 2019.