Refuse Fascism is a project fiscally sponsored by Alliance for Global Justice that seeks the overthrow of President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, asserting that the Trump administration functions as a “fascist regime.” The group has been associated with organizing demonstrations against President Trump’s inauguration as part of the “Disrupt J20” movement, orchestrating demonstrations against Milo Yiannopolous which devolved into rioting, and planning marches and occupations to last until President Trump and Vice President Pence leave office. The group has endorsed extremist positions, including appearing to defend North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un.
The group has been present at many Antifa demonstrations, and co-founder Sunsara Taylor has refused to condemn violent protest as a legitimate means of communicating the organization’s message. The group is an offshoot of the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP).
Refuse Fascism is not a registered organization, and as such, it does not release its funding and board member information. The group is fiscally sponsored by the left-wing, anti-capitalist Alliance for Global Justice (AFGJ). Refuse Fascism also solicits non-exempt donations through its website by way of PayPal, Venmo, and crowdfunding campaigns.
Despite its name and its false accusations of "fascism" against the Trump administration and its supporters, Refuse Fascism is, in fact, itself fascist, using the same type of violent fascist tactics as used by Antifa. They resort to calling opponents "fascist" because, in their own lack of self-awareness, the group's members show no understanding of what the terms fascism and fascist really mean while they display the very behaviors and attitudes they falsely accuse their opponents of.
- See also: Leftwing violence in the Trump era
From September to November 2017, Refuse Fascism protests led to speculation that Antifa groups would launch a violent insurrection against the federal government. On September 29, 2017, eight Refuse Fascism antifa protestors shut down traffic on U.S. Highway 101 in Los Angeles for twenty minutes at rush hour, carrying signs that spelled out “Nov. 4 It Begins.” November 4 referred to a day of nationwide demonstrations which Refuse Fascism had organized in several United States cities.
The November 4th protests were designed to be ongoing mass demonstrations in the streets, which would remain active every single day until President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence were removed from office. Co-founder Sunsara Taylor claimed that she believed the protest would start with “thousand, that keeps coming back and grows to tens of thousands, to hundreds of thousands, to millions.”
2020 Antifa riots
- See also: 2020 Antifa riots
The Revolutionary Communist Party used the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis Police to call for “a movement for an actual revolution.” They issued communique #6 titled, “Police murder after murder after murder… To YOU who are sick and tired of the madness, and ready to be part of a movement for an ACTUAL REVOLUTION”:
“If you’re sick of watching video after video of these murders by police … you need to … join with a movement for an actual revolution, to prepare for a time when it will be possible to lead millions to bring this system down, and replace it with a new society based on the Constitution for the New Socialist Republic in North America.”
Project Veritas infiltrated Rose City Antifa. In an undercover video, Antifa instructors teach white people how to maim and disable people.
A Project Veritas video also introduces Andy Zee, an organizer for Refuse Fascism, a project of the Revolutionary Communist Party, talking about a possible meet-up with Democrat donor Tom Steyer.
“I don’t know if we took the meeting today. We were meeting with his main advisor on impeachment...Tom Steyer’s been retweeting some of our stuff."
Zee said the group was hoping to raise $2M to $5M to organize massive protests in major cities against President Trump. “You’re actually going to sustain millions of people, hundreds of thousands on the streets in certain cities,” Zee explained.
Sunsara Taylor and Carl Dix are co-founders of Refuse Fascism, both radical left-wing activists associated with the RCP. Taylor is an avid supporter of the RCP platform advanced by party president Bob Avakian, which preaches the achievement of communist ideals through outright revolution.
Taylor is on the advisory board of World Can’t Wait, another communist organization aimed at exposing the “crimes” of the United States government which was originally initiated to drive President George W. Bush from office. Taylor is an outspoken pro-abortion advocate, leading the 2013 Abortion Rights Freedom Ride in order to claim the moral high ground for the pro-abortion movement.
Carl Dix is a founding member of the RCP who advocates for a full communist revolution in the United States.
Refuse Fascism was founded immediately after the election of President Donald Trump “on an emergency basis,” characterizing the Trump-Pence administration as a regime that is “illegitimate because it is fascist.” The group seeks not only to impeach and remove President Trump, but to remove all individuals associated with his election from public office.
Refuse Fascism appeared on the national stage for the first time at President Trump’s January 2017 inauguration, joining the “#J20” March after months of taking out advertisements in national news outlets like the Washington Post and generating media materials. At that same Inauguration Day march, allegedly “unrelated” Antifa demonstrations smashed store windows and burned a limousine in Washington, D.C. Refuse Fascism has since joined several left-wing protests, including the July 2017 Impeachment March; the August 2017 protests in Charlottesville, Virginia; and the September 2017 protests against the “Free Speech Week” at the University of California, Berkeley.
In November 2019, Refuse Fascism staged a protest against conservative pundit Ann Coulter, with organizers speculating that over 2000 people attended the protest. Seven demonstrators were arrested, including one Berkeley student who fellow organizers defended on the grounds that “Ann Coulter is a racist…she’s a Nazi.” Refuse Fascism organized a similar, smaller demonstration at the University of California, Los Angeles against Donald Trump, Jr. as part of their “Out Now” movement, which attempts to catalyze mass protest across the United States to demand the removal of President Trump.
The “Out Now” campaign has intensified in the wake of President Trump’s sham impeachment by the United States House of Representatives. On December 17, 2019, on the eve of the impeachment vote, Refuse Fascism organizers joined the New York City Impeachment March. Twenty Refuse Fascism organizers marched to the center of the crowd, falsely claiming that the Trump administration had imposed "concentration camps on the border" and promoted the "unleashing of naked white supremacy" while ignoring that the Obama regime was actually responsible for what the protesters called "concentration camps" and that white supremacy is actually part of the Left. Leaders have called on American citizens to pressure the Senate to convicting President Trump and removing him from office in January 2020 by engaging in mass, sustained protests.
Refuse Fascism primarily acts through organizing demonstrations and is known for its black and white “NO!” protest signs. 
- Democratic Socialists of America
- Workers World Party
- Party for Socialism and Liberation
- NextGen America
- Sunrise Movement
- Justice Democrats
- Liberation Road
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Minneapolis/comments/gs6jwn/the_real_face_of_the_instigators_in_minneapolis/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/4vurPRZbLvc
- ↑ Mooney, Kevin. “Trump Protesters Vow to ‘Shut Down’ Inauguration.” The Daily Signal. January 18, 2017.
- ↑ Ross, Chuck. “Look Who Funds The Group Behind The Call To Arms At Milo’s Berkeley Event.” The Daily Caller. February 06, 2017.
- ↑ Gee, Taylor. “Inside the Left’s Plans to Occupy Trump.” POLITICO Magazine. August 23, 2017.
- ↑ Refuse Fascism. “As Trump Escalates War Threats vs North Korea: Act in the Interests of Humanity, Not Based on ‘America First.’” In the Name of Humanity We Refuse To Accept a Fascist America. July 05, 2017.
- ↑ ^“#GivingTuesday: Turn Dread for The Future Into A Force For Hope!” Refuse Fascism.
- ↑ Wilson, Jason. “Why the Far Right Believes a US Civil War Will Start on Saturday.” The Guardian. Guardian News and Media, November 1, 2017.
- ↑ McGahan, Jason. “Why Did Protesters Block Traffic on the 101 This Week?” LA Weekly, September 29, 2017.
- ↑ Smith, Jack. “The Far-Right Thinks a Violent Antifa Overthrow Is Coming Nov. 4, but the Truth Is Far Stranger.” Mic. Bustle Digital Group, November 2, 2017.
- ↑ https://revcom.us/a/649/communique-6-police-murder-after-murder-after-murder-en.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1268527969586360320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- ↑ https://youtu.be/rqp7J05HuK4
- ↑ https://pjmedia.com/video/debra-heine/2018/08/01/okeefe-catches-antifa-fight-instructors-teaching-activists-how-to-inflict-pain-on-their-targets-n91391
- ↑ “Who Is Sunsara Taylor?” Perma. Stop Patriarchy.
- ↑ [https://revcom.us/a/carldix/cd2.htm. ^“What Carl Dix Stands For.” REVOLUTION. Revolutionary Communist Party, USA.
- ↑ Smith, Jack. [ https://www.mic.com/articles/185680/the-far-right-thinks-a-violent-antifa-overthrow-is-coming-nov-4-but-the-truth-is-far-stranger. “The Far-Right Thinks a Violent Antifa Overthrow Is Coming Nov. 4, but the Truth Is Far Stranger.”] Mic. Bustle Digital Group, November 2, 2017.
- ↑ Silva, Chantal Da. “Protesters Arrested as ‘Thousands’ of Students Rally against Ann Coulter Speech in Berkeley: ‘She’s a Fascist.’”] Newsweek, November 21, 2019.
- ↑ Stephens, Morgan. “Refuse Fascism Protests Donald Trump Jr. at UCLA.” USC Annenberg Media, November 26, 2019.
- ↑ Trump rips Democrats for Obama-era 'kids in cages' photo: 'Very embarrassing' at the Washington Times
- ↑ Selective Outrage from Democrats Ignores Reality of Obama-Era Migrant Detentions at Breitbart News Network