Minneapolis is the largest city in the state of Minnesota. Alongside the state capitol, St. Paul, they are known as the Twin Cities.
Minneapolis had previously been named by Forbes Magazine one of the top 5 cleanest cities in the world.
In sports, Minneapolis is the home of the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves, the MLB's Minnesota Twins (of the American League), and the NFL's Minnesota Vikings. (The Minnesota Wild of the NHL are located in neighboring St. Paul.)
Minneapolis is a Midwest bastion of white far left liberalism. After 63 years of virtually uninterrupted Democrat mayors, one of whom became Vice President during the Civil Rights movement, the Democratic veto-proof city council finally admitted to the systemic racism of the Minneapolis Police Department. The staunchly liberal and progressive city is reputed for one of the most institutionally racist police departments in the United States. Over 200 police officers resigned when Patrolman Derek Chauvin was indicted for murder.
- See also: Democide
Hubert Humphrey ran for mayor of Minneapolis in 1943 and lost, but won in 1945, at age 34. He was always an energetic and accessible candidate, going to his constituents rather than waiting for them to come to him. He had already developed the tendency to orate at great lengths. Humphrey was endlessly cheerful, forceful, energetic, witty and concerned with the well-being of his campaign workers. He was fastidious in his personal appearance and preferred neat and clean surroundings even at his campaign headquarters. Humphrey failed in 1943 to gain the support of the far-left-wing leadership of the Minneapolis CIO nor did he receive Teamster leadership backing. Perhaps he would have won if he had not been bluntly honest in informing a gathering of bartenders that he would eradicate vice, gambling, and liquor law abuses once he took office.
Once in office his efficiency and volubility attracted statewide attention. As mayor, he championed the causes of police and city charter reform, adequate housing, and labor-management cooperation. He led the fight against racial discrimination in the city.
In October 2019 Trump supporters were violently attacked by DFLers outside of a Donald Trump rally at the Target Center in Minneapolis. It was later revealed that, thanks to the use of facial recognition software to identify them, Ilhan Omar and her boyfriend Tim Mynett, both hiding their faces with masks, were identified among those in the crowd involved in the anti-Trump riot outside the arena. Antifa assaults a woman in an unprovoked attack after Trump Minneapolis Rally.
2020 Socialist uprising
- See also: 2020 Leftist insurgency
The leftist riots were triggered by the death of a Black man who was pinned to the ground in an allegedly "non-lethal" choke hold approved by the city's Democratic administration. The neck hold used by the Minneapolis cop was approved by the city's Democrat administration. According to the Minneapolis Police Policy Manual, the restraint used was a "Non-deadly force option" and training is given to officers on the maneuver.  Minneapolis has not elected a Republican mayor since 1957; all police chiefs entrusted with overseeing police training, conduct, and community relations in six decades have been appointed by Democrat mayors, with the approval of a Democrat majority city council, and elected by Democrat voters.
White Antifa liberals were identified as smashing windows at an Autozone car parts store and Wendy's restaurant where the violence originated. Jacobin magazine, described as "the closest thing to a flagship publication of the DSA left", asked,
|"Should we care about the looting of stores like Target and Autozone? ...Should we participate in this ritual condemnation even though our media consistently treats identical acts of property destruction by sports fans as simply revelry and exuberance, and corporate looting of working-class communities as business as usual? No.... until working people of all races unite against capitalists and their repressive apparatus, it is a good thing that bosses, government officials, and the police who protect them are sometimes reminded that black lives matter through a little proletarian fury."|
Fires and violence spread to St. Paul, Minnesota and nationwide from the burning of the Autozone store, Target, and Wendy's. Both the Minneapolis and St. Paul mayors identified the vast majority of arrests of leftwing rioters the first night were from out of state; crossing state lines to incite riot is a federal offense.
Minnesota Attorney General and former DNC vice chair Keith Ellison is a proponent of Antifa and political violence who's had a long-running dispute with the Minneapolis police. According to reports,
|the crowd that had gathered outside the police precinct was, for the most part, peaceful. White members of Antifa, however, began to attempt to do what they do and begin escalating the situation with violence.
Before it got anywhere, a black man spoke up and addressed the crowd.
He assured people that they aren’t trying to shut down anyone’s speech, but they weren’t going to allow anyone to start getting violent, understanding that if that started, the black members of the crowd would get the bulk of the response.
“We’re going to keep our social distance, and we’re not going to allow somebody in the crowd to throw some bulls**t and then we feel the bulk of that,” said the man. “We’re not allowing that no more. That’s the reality of what we’re dealing with right now.”
Before the night was over, violent DFLers burnt down the Minneapolis 3rd precinct police station. Showing no regard for life or property. The mayor politely asked rioters to wear masks and practice social distancing. Minneapolis DFL mayor Jacob Frey still did not request National Guard assistance. DFL governor Tim Walz peddled a curious conspiracy theory that international drug cartels and white supremacists were behind the violence. St. Paul, Minnesota mayor Melvin Carter said that all "protesters" who were arrested the first night in his city were from out of state. Mike Griffin, a longtime political activist from Minneapolis, told The New York Times there were people he never witnessed before demonstrating, including “well-dressed young white men in expensive boots carrying hammers and talking about torching buildings.”
|“I know protests, I’ve been doing it for 20 years. People not affiliated with the protests are creating havoc on the streets.”|
The Minneapolis Police department warned of “incendiary materials and accelerants” such as water bottles filled with gasoline found hidden in bushes and neighborhoods. Minneapolis City Council Democrats considered disbanding the police department. One councilman said the entire council had been discussing the proposal “to some degree”:
|“Several of us on the council are working on finding out what it would take to disband the Minneapolis Police Department and start fresh with a community-oriented, nonviolent public safety and outreach capacity.”|
Initial reports estimated Democrats destroyed 220 buildings and 500 businesses, mostly in minority neighborhoods, and $55 million in damages. The Star Tribune reported
|Minneapolis City Council members on Tuesday received an update from the city’s Community Planning & Economic Development department that estimated at least 220 buildings had been damaged, resulting in a minimum of $55 million in costs, though the city was “not yet ready to produce a credible estimate” of the losses.|
The city then refused to issue permits to property owners to clean up burnt out store fronts and rubble unless they paid their city property tax six months in advance. Refusal to pay could result in seizure of the property.
On September 27, 2020 James O'Keefe of Project Veritas posted a report on illegal ballot harvesting for cash in Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar's district. On October 16, 2020 Facebook sent notification warnings to every user that reposted the Project Veritas' report.
A 17 year-old campaign staffer for Lacy Johnson, the Republican opponent running against Ilhan Omar, was shot and killed outside a gas station in Minneapolis.
Defund the police
- See also: Defund the Police
Raheem Kassam and Gatewaypundit exposed Black Lives Matter as a money laundering scheme for the Democratic National Committee. On the BLM homepage, which features a “Defund The Police” petition front and center, if a user chooses to donate, they’re rerouted to a site hosted by ActBlue, the DNC's official payment portal. ActBlue claims to be tax exempt organization and all donations to it are tax-deductable. The terms and conditions also link to ActBlue and mention “Campaign Finance Laws”. Joe Biden is a top beneficiary of the ActBlue’s fundraising efforts.
ActBlue contributions comprise 99.64 percent of all funds raised for the “Biden for President” entity and the total is nearly 773 times greater than the group with the second-highest donation sum. As of May 21, 2020, the organization has donated $119,253,857 to the “Biden for President” effort.
The Democrat-controlled Minneapolis City Council told citizens to be ready to give up wallets and cell phones to criminals. A Minneapolis television anchor waiting for a train was struck so hard in the head with a brick that he went partially blind, assaulted by a man with a lengthy arrest record who was enraged because he “perceived that victim was homosexual,” as the police report put it. In neighboring St. Paul, a 21-year-old transgender resident was nearly stomped to death by a mob of a dozen men and a few women in a convenience store after a minor traffic incident.
George Floyd Autonomous Zone
Leftwing militants established the George Floyd Autonomous Zone in the immediate vicinity of the site where George Floyd died while being taken into police custody. The militants refused police entry into the zone, and numerous shootings and homicides have occurred inside the four-block zone including the death of a pregnant woman and her child.
Riots again erupted in 2021. Federal officers in the Biden Justice Department, U.S. Marshall Service Task Force, shot and killed a man.
- See also: Two tier justice system
After the Minneapolis Council voted to defund the police, the city has seen a rising trend of police resignations and retirements with a corresponding slide into lawlessness. Leftwing prosecutors and juries have demonstrated a distinct hostility toward protecting citizens' life and property.
- Muhammad Noor, Appeals Court tossed out 3rd degree manslaughter conviction of Minneapolis' first Somali police officer for accidentally shooting and killing an unarmed white woman.
- Derek Chauvin, convicted of murder in the accidental death of a black man, George Floyd, as a hostile mob gathered while Floyd was being taken into custody.
- Kim Potter, suburban officer convicted of manslaughter for accidentally killing a black man resisting arrest.
The Mary Tyler Moore Show took place in Minneapolis.
The controversial pop musician Prince was a life-long resident of Minneapolis.
Minneapolis is the setting of three series by Canadian Christian author Kimberly Rae Jordan:
- The McKinleys, a three book series featuring the McKinley siblings, children of a former missionary to Africa who was forced to resign after admitting to an affair
- BlackThorpe Security, a six book series featuring several key employees at an international security firm (this series is a spinoff of The McKinleys series; Eric (the oldest sibling) is employed by the firm)
- We Three Kings, a three book series (released at the end of 2021) featuring the King Triplets, three siblings who are heirs to a multi-million dollar business empire; each book features one sibling meeting a struggling single parent, ultimately leading to romance and marriage (this series is not tied in to either of the others)
- ↑ http://www.startribune.com/trump-heads-into-the-belly-of-the-beast-for-his-minneapolis-rally/561583842/
- ↑ https://www.dfl.org/media/dfl-statement-on-trumps-minneapolis-rally/
- ↑ https://www.dfl.org/media/dfl-to-launch-day-of-action-during-trump-visit/
- ↑ https://www.forbes.com/2007/04/16/worlds-cleanest-cities-biz-logistics-cx_rm_0416cleanest_slide_6.html?thisSpeed=22000
- ↑ http://archive.is/csfbU
- ↑ https://americandigest.com/hundreds-of-officers-have-resigned-from-the-minneapolis-pd/
- ↑ Fannie Lou Hamer's Powerful Testimony, American Experience, PBS. youtube.
- ↑ Murphy, James (October 12, 2019). Left Wing Criminals Attack Trump Supporters After Minneapolis Rally. The New American. Retrieved October 12, 2019.
- Morefield, Scott (October 11, 2019). MAGA Hat-Wearing Trump Supporter Responds With Pure Class After Getting Spit On By Trump Protester During VICE Interview. The Daily Caller. Retrieved October 12, 2019.
- Saavedra, Ryan (October 11, 2019). Anti-Trump Thug Spits In Trump Supporter’s Face. Here’s How He Responded. The Daily Wire. Retrieved October 12, 2019.
- Kan, Janita (October 12, 2019). Trump Supporter Praised for His Response After Being Spat On by Protester Before Minneapolis Rally. The Epoch Times. Retrieved October 13, 2019.
- ↑ CONFIRMED!… BREAKING–> Ilhan Omar and Lover Tim Mynett Were Seen at the MN Trump Riots! PHOTOS AND VIDEO — (Facial Recognition Confirmation) ..UPDATE at the Gateway Pundit
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5viO3shoJyw
- ↑ https://www.lawofficer.com/neck-hold-used-by-minneapolis-officer-was-approved-by-department-policy/
- ↑ [https://www.lawofficer.com/neck-hold-used-by-minneapolis-officer-was-approved-by-department-policy/
- ↑ https://archive.is/Avjb5
- ↑ An unelected Republican, Richard M. Erdall, served for one day, December 31, 1973. https://web.archive.org/web/20090214045703/http://www.tholt.com/mayors.html
- ↑ https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/05/29/msnbc-reporter-front-burning-liquor-store-protest-not-generally-speaking-unruly/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1265906786541830144
- ↑ https://youtu.be/vtzsYFs-2Qc
- ↑ Creegan, Jim (22 March 2018). Walking the Tightrope.
- ↑ https://jacobinmag.com/2020/05/george-floyd-minneapolis-uprising-police-brutality/
- ↑ https://www.fox9.com/news/twin-cities-mayors-vast-majority-of-violent-rioters-are-from-out-of-state
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/keith-ellison-invites-antifa-to-the-party/
- ↑ https://www.mprnews.org/story/2006/06/22/ellisonprofile
- ↑ https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/05/28/peaceful-black-protester-shuts-down-antifa-after-they-tried-to-get-violent/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/05/28/minneapolis-mayor-to-rioters-please-practice-social-distancing-wear-masks/
- ↑ https://bombardsbodylanguage.com/2020/05/29/body-language-minneapolis-riots-mayor-jacob-frey/
- ↑ https://www.waynedupree.com/2020/05/mn-gov-mobilizes-national-guard/
- ↑ https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500268-st-paul-mayor-says-arrested-protesters-were-from-out-of-state
- ↑ http://archive.is/QNWOS
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MinneapolisPD/status/1267306513594494977
- ↑ http://www.citypages.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-members-consider-disbanding-the-police/570993291
- ↑ https://www.startribune.com/mayor-frey-seeks-federal-state-aid-for-mpls-as-early-estimate-shows-at-least-55m-in-damages/570984542/
- ↑ https://www.startribune.com/mpls-keeps-landscape-of-rubble-as-city-wants-taxes-before-permit/572091782/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/ZWK56l2VaLY
- ↑ https://youtu.be/MV7oDl8yDZk
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minneapolis-police-omar-ballot-harvesting
- ↑ https://youtu.be/TioDPg91uH4
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Republican Campaign Aide Murdered in Minneapolis — Staffer for Lacy Johnson Who Is Running Against Ilhan Omar Shot Dead in Drive-By Shooting
- Campaign staffer, 17, for Ilhan Omar's Republican congressional opponent is shot and killed in Minneapolis
- Teenage campaign staffer for Ilhan Omar's opponent killed in Minneapolis shooting
- Ilhan Omar’s GOP challenger shocked after campaign aides shot in random drive-by, teen staffer dies
- Suspect arrested in murder of 17-year-old staffer of GOP challenger to Ilhan Omar
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/exclusive-donations-including-international-funding-blacklivesmatter-com-go-directly-dnc-money-laundering/
- ↑ https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/expenditures.php?cmte=C00401224&cycle=2020
- ↑ https://secure.actblue.com/content/fineprint
- ↑ https://thenationalpulse.com/politics/biden-black-lives-matter-defund-the-police/
- ↑ https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/expenditures.php?cmte=c00401224&cycle=2020
- ↑ https://twitter.com/KyleHooten2/status/1289590875119661062
- ↑ https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2021/03/08/minneapolis-is-a-nice-city-no-longer/?amp
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2021/03/11/george-floyd-memorial-site-anti-cop-autonomous-zone-report/
- ↑ https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/us/mohamed-noor-sentence-overturned/index.html
- Official Site
- The Minneapolis Uprising, The Green Flame podcast featuring Minneapolis FRSO comrade and protest organizer Jess Sundin