The DFL riots were triggered by the death of a Black man who was pinned to the ground in an allegedly "non-lethal" choke hold approved by the city's Democratic administration. The neck hold used by the Minneapolis cop was approved by the city's Democrat administration. According to the Minneapolis Police Policy Manual, the restraint used was a "Non-deadly force option" and training is given to officers on the maneuver.  Minneapolis has not elected a Republican mayor since 1957; all police chiefs entrusted with overseeing police training, conduct, and community relations in six decades have been appointed by Democrat mayors, with the approval of a Democrat majority city council, and elected by Democrat voters.
White Antifa liberals were identified as smashing windows at an Autozone car parts store and Wendy's restaurant where the violence originated. Jacobin magazine, described as "the closest thing to a flagship publication of the DSA left", asked,
|"Should we care about the looting of stores like Target and Autozone? ...Should we participate in this ritual condemnation even though our media consistently treats identical acts of property destruction by sports fans as simply revelry and exuberance, and corporate looting of working-class communities as business as usual? No.... until working people of all races unite against capitalists and their repressive apparatus, it is a good thing that bosses, government officials, and the police who protect them are sometimes reminded that black lives matter through a little proletarian fury."|
Fires, looting, and violence spread to St. Paul, Minnesota and nationwide from the burning of the Autozone store, Target, and Wendy's. Both the Minneapolis and St. Paul mayors identified the vast majority of arrests of leftwing rioters the first night were from out of state; crossing state lines to incite riot is a federal offense.
Minnesota Attorney General and former DNC vice chair Keith Ellison is a proponent of Antifa and political violence who's had a long-running dispute with the Minneapolis police. According to reports,
|The crowd that had gathered outside the police precinct was, for the most part, peaceful. White members of Antifa, however, began to attempt to do what they do and begin escalating the situation with violence.
Before it got anywhere, a black man spoke up and addressed the crowd.
He assured people that they aren’t trying to shut down anyone’s speech, but they weren’t going to allow anyone to start getting violent, understanding that if that started, the black members of the crowd would get the bulk of the response.
“We’re going to keep our social distance, and we’re not going to allow somebody in the crowd to throw some bulls**t and then we feel the bulk of that,” said the man. “We’re not allowing that no more. That’s the reality of what we’re dealing with right now.”
Before the night was over, violent revolutionaries burnt down the Minneapolis 3rd precinct police station, showing no regard for life or property. Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey politely asked rioters to wear masks and practice social distancing. Frey still did not request National Guard assistance. DFL governor Tim Walz peddled a curious conspiracy theory that international drug cartels and white supremacists were behind the violence. St. Paul, Minnesota mayor Melvin Carter said that all "protesters" who were arrested the first night in his city were from out of state. Mike Griffin, a longtime political activist from Minneapolis, told The New York Times there were people he never witnessed before demonstrating, including “well-dressed young white men in expensive boots carrying hammers and talking about torching buildings.”
|“I know protests, I’ve been doing it for 20 years. People not affiliated with the protests are creating havoc on the streets.”|
The Minneapolis Police department warned of “incendiary materials and accelerants” such as water bottles filled with gasoline found hidden in bushes and neighborhoods. Minneapolis veto-proof Democratic City Council considered disbanding the police department completely, leaving the citizenry vulnerable to lawlessness and Socialist thugs. One councilman said the entire council had been discussing the proposal “to some degree”:
|“Several of us on the council are working on finding out what it would take to disband the Minneapolis Police Department and start fresh with a community-oriented, nonviolent public safety and outreach capacity.”|
Compassionate liberals destroyed a subsidized housing project under construction in the name of equality Initial reports estimated Democrats destroyed 220 buildings and 500 businesses, mostly in minority neighborhoods, and $55 million in damages.
|Minneapolis City Council members on Tuesday received an update from the city’s Community Planning & Economic Development department that estimated at least 220 buildings had been damaged, resulting in a minimum of $55 million in costs, though the city was “not yet ready to produce a credible estimate” of the losses.|
Alleged "centrist" Amy Klobuchar, who ranks high on Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden's short list of VP choices, was the Minneapolis Hennepin County prosecutor prior to being elected by the longtime communist infiltrated Democrat Farm Labor party senator from Minnesota. Klobuchar handled a case involving the same police officer charged in the death of George Floyd. When exposed for protecting racist cops, Klobuchar blamed the Bill of Rights for not indicting the same cop accused of killing George Floyd in the death of another black man in 2006.
Earlier in 2020 the NAACP and Black Lives Matter called on Klobuchar to withdraw her presidential bid due to her racist prosecution in a 2003 murder case resulting in a life sentence for an innocent black man. As district attorney, Klobutcher built her career prosecuting a vastly disproportionate number of black youths.
Klobuchar's racist views are in keeping with her opposition to due process rights and her anti-constitutionalist ideology.
With Klobuchar forced out of contention and her appeal to Blacks tainted, the liberal media re-booted Stacey Abrams of Georgia as the top contender for the Number 2 spot. A much touted Biden/Abrams "dream ticket" had already been peddled "out of the gate" even before Biden announced his candidacy in the Spring of 2019. Abrams supposedly is representative the vital Black female vote that Democrats relied upon to win back the House in the 2018 Midterm elections. Abrams has proven herself a loyal dogface pony soldier shilling for the Democrat plantation, attacking Tara Reade's credibility, with the added bonus of poo-pooing the "Believe All Women" and MeToo movements. Racist Biden's staffers quietly and ironically told journalists behind Abrams back, 'no one takes Stacey seriously'.
Keith Ellison was actively opposed by the Minneapolis Police Officers Federation when he ran for Minnesota Attorney General in 2018. Bad blood has existed between the police officer's union and Ellison since the 1990s when Ellison, as a private attorney, defended a gang leader implicated in the public execution of a Minneapolis police officer. Ellison's sympathy for cop killers has been accentuated by his close association with the leader of Portland's notoriously violent, homophobic, and racist Antifa faction. As congressman and Attorney General, Ellison promoted Antifa and political violence. Antifa has been designated as a domestic terrorist organization by the Department of Homeland Security.
Ellison is a former Democrat National Committee vice chair and congressman who gave up his seat to Ilhan Omar to run for Minnesota Attorney General. His son is on the Minneapolis City Council that wants to disband the city's police department.
As Attorney General Ellison overcharged the accused police officers, setting up future riots when and if the accused officers are exonerated. Newsweek reported shortly after charges were filed, Prosecutors of George Floyd Police Officers Will Struggle to Get Four Convictions.
Democratic Socialists of America
- See also: Communism
The Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) has 600 comrades in the Twin Cities who work closely with Antifa aligned groups. On May 27, 2020 the Twin Cities DSA issued a call on Twitter asking comrades for supplies at the same intersection where the Auto Zone was burned to the ground kicking off the nationwide riots. Later that evening the Marxists tweeted,
|"Want to help out your comrades protesting at the 3rd precinct? Here's a good list of much needed supplies."|
The folks on the ground attached a list and included medical supplies, plywood for shields, anything else useful for shielding from the cops. The Minneapolis Police 3rd precinct building was evacuated and burnt down hours later. Private cars were then requested. The tweet read,
|"Another big need: if you have a car, some folks may need a quick ride out of the area."|
The Twin Cities DSA Ecosocialists Working Group tweeted to comrades,
|"Support the ongoing mass working-class uprising!"|
The daughters of Democrat governor Tim Walz and Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar were two of the insurgents tweeting out strategic intelligence for the communist uprising. On May 28, 2020, after the violence and burning down of law enforcement buildings, the DSA National Political Committee issued a statement in support of the rioters:
|"We the National Political Committee of the Democratic Socialists of America condemn the public execution of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis Police. His murder falls into the deeply entrenched pattern of violence, anti-Blackness, and oppression upheld by policing in this country.... This is white supremacy... We stand with and share the rage of all of those who are making themselves heard on the streets after years of being suffocated by policing and poverty after years of being looted by corporations landlords and billionaires."|
On May 30, journalist Andy Ngo tweeted:
|“We are witnessing glimpses of the full insurrection the far-left has been working on for decades. Within hours, militant antifa cells across the country mobilized to aid BLM rioters. The first broken window is the blood in the water for looters to move in. The fires come next.”|
Ngo later added:
|“Media, politicians, public—all of us—have underestimated the training, purpose & capability of left-wing extremists. Every part of the rioting has a purpose. Fires destroy economy. Riots can overwhelm police & even military. All of it leads to a destabilized state if maintained.”|
In Marxist–Leninist and Maoist theory, a United front is a coalition of leftist organizations that collude for the purpose of taking over a government. In the 116th Congress, the Committees of Correspondence for Democratic Socialism, Democratic Socialists of America, Liberation Road (formerly Freedom Road Socialist Organization}, and Communist Party of the United States formally created a united front of the nation's four largest Communist organizations to take over the Democratic Party. As of 2018 the umbrella group is known as the Left Inside/Outside Project (“One foot in the institutions, one foot in the streets.”) consisted of 57,000 community organizers. At its August 2019 convention the DSA passed a resolution to form a
|“National Working Group to help drive collaboration and resource sharing to support our antifascist organizing.”|
Law enforcement authorities reported finding evidence of pre-planning. The Minneapolis Star/Tribune reported:
state officials said several caches of flammable materials were found both in neighborhoods where there have already been fires and “in cars we’ve stopped as recently as this morning,” said John Harrington, state public safety commissioner. Some of the caches appeared to have been planted days ago and some only in the last 24 hours or so. Police have also found stolen vehicles with plates removed, believed to be used to transport flammable materials. Looted goods and weapons were also been found in the stolen cars, Harrington said.
The Sunrise Movement, with established groups in several major cities, has heavily recruited activists from the DSA and Liberation Road affiliated groups, such as the Pennsylvania Student Power Network. Sunrise founding activists are all current trainers with Momentum Community, which is a training workshop funded by millionaires and billionaires to “incubate” supposed "grassroots" organizations such as Sunrise and the Movimiento Cosecha (Harvest Movement). Democrat millionaire donor and former 2020 presidential election candidate Tom Steyer's NextGen America is also tied to the Sunrise Movement, and according to the New York Times, the two groups “strategize” together.
The DSA itself as of 2020 has 66,000 members nationwide and locals in almost every state. Other communist groups such as Communist Party USA, Liberation Road, Socialist Alternative, Workers World Party, Party for Socialism and Liberation, Socialist Unity Party, and Revolutionary Communist Party and their allies in Black Lives Matter and Antifa can mobilize tens of thousands of militants and organizing cadre at short notice. The American Left has the power to start race riots in nearly every major U.S. city. DSA branches in Memphis, Los Angeles, Brooklyn, Louisville, Philadelphia, and Richmond are raising funds for “George Floyd Uprisings Nationwide.”
- ↑ https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/05/29/msnbc-reporter-front-burning-liquor-store-protest-not-generally-speaking-unruly/
- ↑ https://www.lawofficer.com/neck-hold-used-by-minneapolis-officer-was-approved-by-department-policy/
- ↑ [https://www.lawofficer.com/neck-hold-used-by-minneapolis-officer-was-approved-by-department-policy/
- ↑ https://archive.is/Avjb5
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bail-fund-kamala-harris-thomas-moseley
- ↑ https://thepostmillennial.com/kamala-harris-promoted-bail-fund-child-rapist
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1265906786541830144
- ↑ https://youtu.be/vtzsYFs-2Qc
- ↑ Creegan, Jim (22 March 2018). Walking the Tightrope.
- ↑ https://jacobinmag.com/2020/05/george-floyd-minneapolis-uprising-police-brutality/
- ↑ https://bigleaguepolitics.com/busted-keith-ellison-photographed-with-portland-antifa-leader-deletes-pro-antifa-tweet/
- ↑ https://streamable.com/6fouwt
- ↑ https://www.fox9.com/news/twin-cities-mayors-vast-majority-of-violent-rioters-are-from-out-of-state
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/keith-ellison-invites-antifa-to-the-party/
- ↑ https://www.mprnews.org/story/2006/06/22/ellisonprofile
- ↑ https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/05/28/peaceful-black-protester-shuts-down-antifa-after-they-tried-to-get-violent/
- ↑ https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/05/28/minneapolis-mayor-to-rioters-please-practice-social-distancing-wear-masks/
- ↑ https://bombardsbodylanguage.com/2020/05/29/body-language-minneapolis-riots-mayor-jacob-frey/
- ↑ https://www.waynedupree.com/2020/05/mn-gov-mobilizes-national-guard/
- ↑ https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500268-st-paul-mayor-says-arrested-protesters-were-from-out-of-state
- ↑ http://archive.is/QNWOS
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MinneapolisPD/status/1267306513594494977
- ↑ http://www.citypages.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-members-consider-disbanding-the-police/570993291
- ↑ https://streamable.com/dxmc0w
- ↑ https://www.startribune.com/mayor-frey-seeks-federal-state-aid-for-mpls-as-early-estimate-shows-at-least-55m-in-damages/570984542/
- ↑ https://www.nysun.com/editorials/amy-klobuchar-blames-the-bill-of-rights/91150/
- ↑ http://www.startribune.com/activists-call-on-amy-klobuchar-to-withdraw-over-2003-murder-case/567397292/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s0W1-ILBT4
- ↑ https://www.axios.com/2020-presidential-election-joe-biden-stacey-abrams-vp-54472f8f-5bb2-4d1f-bc7c-0544a09ebba5.html
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2020/05/02/the-powerful-female-democrats-angling-for-biden-administration-hjobs/
- ↑ https://theminnesotasun.com/2018/11/04/minneapolis-police-make-final-plea-dont-vote-for-gang-attorney-keith-ellison/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/YECDzSn7co8
- ↑ https://bigleaguepolitics.com/busted-keith-ellison-photographed-with-portland-antifa-leader-deletes-pro-antifa-tweet/
- ↑ https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/2/1695501/-Homeland-Security-has-named-AntiFA-as-a-domestic-terrorist-organization
- ↑ https://youtu.be/SETEqKnXug4
- ↑ https://www.newsweek.com/prosecutors-george-floyd-police-officers-will-struggle-get-four-convictions-1509258
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TwinCitiesDSA/status/1265774113693372417
- ↑ https://www.fox9.com/news/rioters-set-minneapolis-police-precinct-on-fire-as-protests-reignite-over-george-floyds-death
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/TwinCitiesDSA/photos/a.252330275204626/951997051904608/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/breaking-exclusive-minnesota-governors-daughter-hope-walz-tweeting-intel-violent-looters-rioters-just-like-ilhan-omars-daughter-isra-hirsi/
- ↑ https://www.dsausa.org/statements/dsa-condemns-the-public-execution-of-george-floyd/
- ↑ https://m.theepochtimes.com/how-57000-socialists-and-communists-plan-to-take-over-the-democratic-party_2654589.html
- ↑ https://dsabuild.org/r9-establishing-a-national-antifascist-and-direct-action-working-group
- ↑ https://organizingupgrade.com/the-left-we-want/
- ↑ https://www.dsausa.org/2019-convention-a-world-to-win/
- ↑ https://www.startribune.com/police-arrest-150-driver-who-barreled-into-crowd-held/570908442/?refresh=true
- ↑ https://archive.fo/ytfYT
- ↑ https://www.dsa-la.org/support_floyd_protests_nationwide
- Protests of Peace- Democrat Stronghold "Minneapolis" Gets Third Fascist Police Precinct Set on Fire
- ANTIFA National Mobilization? Riots Across Country Raise Questions About Coordination