Omar Alkattoul (Born c 2004) is the radical Muslim, ISIS, Jihadi terror inspired anti-Semite plotting to attack synagogues in New Jersey in 2022.
At the time of his plot, he was 18, residing in Sayreville, New Jersey. living with his father Mousa Alkattoul, 64. They previously lived in Elizabeth, Union County, New Jersey.
He is a devout Muslim, wrote that he loves very much his "prophet," and believes the literal meaning of Apes and Pigs which referred/refers to Christians and Jews
 - dehumanization. Though he targeted all Jews specifically and stated in his manifesto that it's unrelated to what politics any Jew belongs to.
He also doesn't "like" the term anti-Semitic and the Holocaust.
He wrote, that the attack would have been carried out on behalf of the Islamic State, and referred to Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and other Islamic terrorists as "heroes." Alkattoul had viewed online Islamic State propaganda and had been in contact with someone he believed to be affiliated with al-Qaeda in Pakistan.
The FBI said Alkattoul wrote in the manifesto:
I am the attacker and I would like to introduce myself. . . I am a Muslim with so many regrets but I can assure you this attack is not one of them and Insha’Allah many more attacks like these against the enemy of Allah and the pigs and monkeys will come. I will discuss my motives in a bit but I did target a synagogue for a really good reason according to myself and a lot of Muslims who have a brain...
He also wrote: "This attack was just to remind the Jews that as long as 1 Muslim remains in this world they will never live a pleasant life until the Muslims in Palestine, Syria, West Africa, and South Asia are living a pleasant life. The Jews support terror against the muslimeen and they always have."
Alkattoul also sent an online message on Sept. 11, saying "do not make fun of 9/11 because 19 good martyrs died on that same day." And on the morning of his arrest, he posted online that he "simply wants to kill all freshman in my school."
- ↑ Middlesex County Man Charged with Communicating Threat to Attack Synagogue, DOJ, Nov 10, 2022; UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY (PDF) at Nbcnewyork, Nov 5, 2022; J. Hoft, '18-Year-Old Muslim Omar Alkattoul Arrested For Threat Against Jews that Prompted FBI to Issue Warning to Synagogues.' (PDF)
- ↑ 18-year old man arrested for threats against New Jersey Synagogues, Israel National News, Nov 10, 2022.
- ↑ Middlesex teenager arrested on threats to attack a Jewish synagogue , NJ Today, Nov 10, 2022.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Justin Rohrlich, Teen Busted Over NJ Synagogue Threats Was Chatting With ‘Bad People’ Online, Dad Says, The Daily Beast, Nov 10, 2022.
According to the complaint, other sections of the document were titled: • "Why hatred towards Jews is a good thing even if they’re not Zionists”?"...
“The term ‘anti-Semitic’ and it’s [sic] true meaning” • "The ‘Holocaust’”?" • "The ‘good’ Jews," in which Alkattoul stated, “Good jews do not exist unless if they convert to Islam... I hate jews based on their actions and their religion that justifies the actions they do.” Later, during a voluntary examination at a local hospital, Alkattoul told medical staff that he "supported ISIS and al-Qaeda,” and that he "had plans to blow up a synagogue but did not know if it was going to be in a day, a week, or year,” C according to the complaint, which says Alkattoul claimed he had been joking about certain things but “one thing that was not a joke was his wanting to plan an attack on a synagogue."
Alkattoul’s online presence is thin. A Facebook page in his name, which places him in the nearby city of Elizabeth, where public records show the family lived though the end of 2016, features a banner across the top reading, "I’m Muslim & [Love] My Prophet.".
- ↑ Amy Mek, NJ Muslim Threatens Attack on Synagogue, 'Pigs and Monkeys', Media Fails to Investigate his Potentially Radical Father (Video), Rair Foundation, November 13, 2022.
- ↑ "The conventional epithets are apes for Jews and pigs for Christians" (B. Lewis, The Jews of Islam, Princeton 1984, 33).
- ↑ Green Wall Of Silence - II, Paktoday, Nov 8, 2002.
In Spain, during periods of friction between the various religious communities, the Muslims called the Jews "apes" and the Christians "pigs and dogs..."Their research revealed .. is grounded in the most important Islamic religious sources...
- ↑ Christopher Howse, What's this about apes and pigs?, Telegraph (UK), Feb 7, 2007.
A man who is claiming unfair dismissal form the King Fahad Academy in Acton, west London has said that: "The schoolbooks in use describe Jews as 'monkeys' (or apes) and Christians as 'pigs'."How is it that a holy book has a reference to people as "monkeys"?
- ↑ We do use books that call Jews 'apes' admits head of Islamic school, Daily Mail, Feb 7, 2007.
The principal of an Islamic school has admitted that it uses textbooks which describe Jews as 'apes' and Christians as 'pigs' and has refused to withdraw them.Dr Sumaya Alyusuf confirmed that the offending books exist after former teacher Colin Cook, 57, alleged that children as young as five are taught from racist materials at the King Fahd Academy in Acton.
- ↑ Pupils aged five 'poisoned' at Islamic school that 'teaches hate', OneNewsNow, February 5, 2007.
Pupils aged five 'poisoned' at Islamic school that 'teaches hate' An Islamic school is poisoning the minds of pupils with lessons in hate, a former teacher claims.Colin Cook, 57, says textbooks used by children as young as five at the King Fahad Academy in Acton describe Jews as "repugnant" and "apes" and Christians as "pigs".
- ↑ Gary O'shea, Not the UK... it's Saudi Arabia, The Sun (UK), Feb 6, 2007.
A BRITISH Muslim school is teaching children that Jews are "repugnant apes" and Christians "pigs", a former teacher claims.
- ↑ Christians still 'swine' and Jews 'apes' in Saudi schools. By Harry de Quetteville, Middle East Correspondent. Telegraph (UK) 25/06/2006.
- ↑ Vicky O'hara, NPR: Saudi Textbooks Still Teach Hate, Group Says, NPR, May 24, 2006.
It says that the textbooks instruct students that Christians and Jews are apes and pigs, and warns students not to greet, befriend, or respect non-believers (aka non Muslims) ...
- ↑ Inside the Saudi Classroom, National Review, Feb 7, 2003.
Steven Stalinsky on Saudi Arabia & Textbooks on National Review Online A textbook for eighth graders explains why Jews and Christians were cursed by Allah and turned into apes and pigs. Quoting Surat Al-Maida, Verse 60.
- ↑ Ramadan in Saudi Arabia, WND, Nov 10, 2003.
...Sheikh Mohsin Al-'Awaji was no underground Net geek. The former imam of the Great Mosque at King Saud University in Riyadh, he went on Al-Jazeera in 2002 to praise Osama bin Laden as "a man of honor, a man who abstains [from the pleasures] of this world, a brave man, and a man who believes in his principles and makes sacrifices [for them]." He added: "the Saudi people love every Jihad warrior, every fighter, and every man of honor, whether in Afghanistan, Chechnya, Kashmir or southern Sudan." Likewise, Sheikh Abd Al-'Aziz Qari wasn't preaching in an underground cave, but in Medina, the second holiest city in the world for Muslims, when he said: "Two groups – the Jews and the Christians – are the main elements constituting the 'Camp of Kufur' [unbelief] and will continue to be its two foundations until Allah allows their downfall and annihilation at the end of days ... The Jews are the objects of Allah's [promised] wrath, while the Christians deviate from the path of righteousness ... The Koran described the Jews as a nation cursed by Allah, a nation at which he was angry – some of whom he turned into apes and pigs."Children in Saudi Arabia are also taught to hate. According to a report by the Middle East Media Research Institute, "a textbook for 8th grade students explains why Jews and Christians were cursed by Allah and turned into apes and pigs. Quoting [the Quran's] Surat Al-Maida [Sura 5], Verse 60, the lesson explains that Jews and Christians have sinned by accepting polytheism and therefore incurred Allah's wrath. To punish them, Allah has turned them into apes and pigs."
- ↑ American Congress For Truth.
Stop Saudi Radical Islamic Madrassas in the US... Jews and Christians -- Cursed by Allah and Turned into Apes and Pigs- a textbook explains why Jews and Christians were cursed by Allah and turned into apes.
- ↑ American Thinker: Allah's special little apes and pigs, James Arlandson, Jan 26, 2005.
says that if the People of the Book (Jews and Christians, but he deals ... We have tolerated you for a long time -- you offspring of apes and pigs!
- ↑ Bahraini Liberal Author Dhiyaa Al-Musawi..., MEMRI TV. 12/29/2006.
Some of us (Muslims) say: "May Allah curse the Jews and the Christians, the offspring of apes and pigs." Is this the language of progress? ...
- ↑ CNN.com – Transcripts.
Glenn Beck, Encore Presentation: Exposed -- the Extremist Agenda.
Aired December 21, 2006.
For the next 60 minutes, you are going to see video of Islamist extremists that you have probably never seen before. .. Jews and Christians cursed by Allah and turned intoapes and pigs. … To punish them, Allah had turned them into apes and pigs.”
- ↑ Townhall.com::Stand up: Wafa Sultan is passing, By Mona Charen, March 17, 2006.
Islam forbids them to offend the beliefs of others, and yet characterize Christians and Jews as "those who incur Allah’s wrath" or as apes and pigs.
- ↑ Based on Koranic Verses, Interpretations, and Traditions, Muslim Clerics State: The Jews Are the Descendants of Apes, Pigs, And Other Animals, Memri, October 31, 2002. By Aluma Dankowitz. ().
Special Report – Arab Antisemitism Based on Koranic Verses, Interpretations, and Traditions, Muslim Clerics State: The Jews Are the Descendants of Apes, Pigs, And Other Animals.
- ↑ Saudi education system majors in 'jihad', WorldNetDaily, December 24, 2002.
Saudi education system majors in ‘jihad’ – Jews and Christians – apes and pigs. An 8th-grade textbook also explains “why Jews and Christians were cursed by Allah and turned into apes and pigs...
- ↑ Saudi textbooks still teaching hate: report. Jews, Christians referred to as apes and swine. Charles Lewis, National Post () Published: Thursday, July 17, 2008.
Despite a promise to remove attacks on other faiths from the public school curriculum, Saudi Arabia’s state-produced textbooks still refer to Jews and Christians as apes and swine, insist that Jews conspire to take over the world and on Judgment Day “the rocks or the trees” will call out to Muslims to kill the Jews, says the Washington-based Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank.The textbooks, used by five million students in the kingdom every year, as well as in many Saudi-funded institutions outside the country, also attack homosexuals and Muslims who do not practice a fundamentalist form of Islam.
- ↑ Rubin, Uri. "Apes, Pigs, and Islamic Identity." In Dhimmis and Others: Jews and Christians and the World of Classical Islam, ed. Uri Rubin and David J. Wasserstein. N.p.: Eisenbrauns, 1997. 
- ↑ Michael Starr, 'Hatred towards Jews a good thing (sic):' Man arrested after threat to NJ Jews, The Jerusalem Post, November 10, 2022.
"Good Jews do not exist unless if [sic] they convert to Islam," said Omar Alkattoul, 18. He faces up to 5 years in prison.
The man who led the FBI to warn of a "broad threat" to the New Jersey Jewish community was arrested and charged on Thursday for online distribution of a manifesto containing threats to attack Jewish houses of worship, the New Jersey US Attorney's Office announced. He currently faces up to five years in prison.
Omar Alkattoul, 18, of Sayreville, New Jersey, has shared a document entitled "When Swords Collide," on several communication applications to various unnamed individuals detailing the motive and ideology behind an attack he had at times expressed a desire to commit against a synagogue or LGBTQ+ targets.
“No one should be targeted for violence or with acts of hate because of how they worship,” US attorney Philip Sellinger said. “According to the complaint, this defendant used social media to send a manifesto containing a threat to attack a synagogue based on his hatred of Jews."
"I’ve been thinking about jihad for a while now and I just came to this conclusion of how and where."
Islamic State-inspired plan for terrorismAlkattoul wrote that the attack would have been carried out on behalf of the Islamic State, and referred to Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and other Islamic terrorists as "heroes." Alkattoul had viewed online Islamic State propaganda and had been in contact with someone he believed to be affiliated with al-Qaeda in Pakistan.
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Tom Cleary, Omar Alkattoul, New Jersey Synagogue Threats Suspect: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Heavy, Nov 11, 2022.
According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office, "On Nov. 1, 2022, Alkattoul used a social media application to send an individual a link to a document entitled ‘When Swords Collide’ and admitted to this individual that he wrote the document, stating: ‘It’s in the context of an attack on Jews.”" According to a second individual, Alkattoul also sent the document to at least five other people using another social media application." In the criminal complaint, the FBI said Alkattoul wrote in the manifesto:
'I am the attacker and I would like to introduce myself. . . I am a Muslim with so many regrets but I can assure you this attack is not one of them and Insha’Allah many more attacks like these against the enemy of Allah and the pigs and monkeys will come. I will discuss my motives in a bit but I did target a synagogue for a really good reason according to myself and a lot of Muslims who have a brain...'
Alkattoul also wrote, according to prosecutors, "This attack was just to remind the Jews that as long as 1 Muslim remains in this world they will never live a pleasant life until the Muslims in Palestine, Syria, West Africa, and South Asia are living a pleasant life. The Jews support terror against the muslimeen and they always have."
Alkattoul’s Father Told The Daily Beast His Son Was Chatting With ‘Bad People’ Online...
Alkattoul Pledged Allegiance to the Leader of ISIS in Text Messages & Talked to Overseas Supporters of Terror Groups.
...he talked to people he believed to be affiliated with al-Qaeda in Pakistan and a terrorist supporter based in Germany, according to the criminal complaint...
The FBI said that in August 2022 he sent a message to another person saying, “As a Muslim I support Dylann Roof,” a reference to the Neo-Nazi who killed nine people in a Black church in Charleston, South Carolina, in 2015. He also sent a photo of Roof and said, “Me in church and synagogue.”In October 2022, Alkattoul wrote in a text, “I hate Jews, and I love the Islamic State,” according to the complaint. He also talked about carrying out an attack on a gay nightclub, according to the complaint.
- ↑ Hurubie Meko, New Jersey Man Arrested in Connection With Threat to Synagogues, The New York Times, Nov 10, 2022.