The Beslan school siege of 2004, also known as the Beslan massacre, began when a group of internationally financed Chechen jihadis took over 1200 pupils and their teachers hostage in Beslan, North Ossetia, Russia, on September 1, 2004. The people of Beslan are mostly Christian and this is why they were targeted. The terrorists began by executing male teachers; female teachers were raped, tortured and taunted for being Christian. Pupils, both female and male, were forced to strip to their underwear; many of the children were raped by fanatical jihadists who recorded the rapes on video. An 18 Month old baby was knifed to death by one of the Muslim terrorists.
On September 4, possibly accidentally, a battle erupted between Russian forces and the terrorists. More than 330 civilians died, including 186 children. Many of the children were shot in the back by the terrorists. The Chechen terrorist Shamil Basayev, who was trained in Afghanistan by the Taliban and Pakistani ISI claimed responsibility for the attack, which ranks as one of the worst terrorist outrages in history. Basayev was later killed by Russian forces.
From the trial:
"The school siege was originally plotted as a suicide attack," ... that this is confirmed by numerous materials. They include video footage showing Abu Dzeit talking to Khuchbarov. Abu Dzeit says: "You will soon see Allah. Are you ready for it?" The answer is: "Yes, I am ready!"Author:
Shamil Basayev, a radical Islamist, was influenced by his own account by the 'Arabs' who "opened his eyes" to a "proper" Islam, including the concept of holy war (ghazavat), which "should go on until all the Christians are converted to Islam."
- ↑ Feoktistov, I. (2019). Terror in the Cradle of Liberty: How Boston Became a Center for Islamic Extremism. United States: Encounter Books.
- ↑ Sharon LaFraniere, How Jihad Made Its Way to Chechnya, The Washington Post, April 26, 2003
- ↑ Praying for Terrorists November 2004 Christianity Today. Accessed 5 March 2008
- ↑ Beslan: They knifed babies, they raped girls 5 September 2004 Sunday Mirror. Accessed 5 March 2008
- ↑ Chechen rebel chief Basayev dies 10 July 2006 BBC News. Accessed 5 March 2008.
- ↑ Peter Finn, Beslan Massacre Probe Defends Russian Forces The Washington Post, December 23, 2006.
"The school siege was originally plotted as a suicide attack," Torshin said, adding that this is confirmed by numerous materials. They include video footage showing Abu Dzeit talking to Khuchbarov. Abu Dzeit says: "You will soon see Allah. Are you ready for it?" The answer is: "Yes, I am ready!"
- ↑ Hatina, M. (2016). Martyrdom and Sacrifice in Islam: Theological, Political and Social Contexts. United Kingdom: Bloomsbury Publishing. 181.