Liberal slander is often used to destroy the credibility of experts who disagree with the liberal agenda. The purpose of the slander is to get average people to dismiss expert arguments from those having opposing views.
Dr. Elizabeth Whelan wrote:
- Barbara Walters, for example, canceled a TV appearance by me, calling me a "paid liar for industry" — even though I had no support whatsoever from the food industry or any other industry in writing and promoting the book.
Alexander Cockburn wrote:
- Michaels is sometimes slammed as a hired gun for the fossil fuel industry, but I haven't seen any significant dents or quantitative ripostes to his meticulous scientific critiques.
- Whelan, Dr. Elizabeth (December 4, 2003). "Where did ACSH come from?" American Council on Science and Health website/News.
- Williams, Thomas D. (June 24, 2018). Williams: For the Establishment, Anything Not Them Is ‘Far Right’. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- Kassam, Raheem (November 18, 2016). KASSAM: Murdoch’s Reporters Smear me as ‘Ultra Right’ While Happily Working With me in Private. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- Duke, Selwyn (December 10, 2018). Another Supposed “Far Right” Party Rises in Europe. The New American. Retrieved December 10, 2018.