Green New Deal
The Green New Deal is a radical communist and totalitarian plan to destroy America introduced into the 116th Congress by the Democratic party. It fundamentally seeks to save the planet from total destruction by greenhouse gases in twelve years by installing single-payer Medicare for All. Simply put, it is an intersectional coalition of the environmental movement and the socialist welfare state. The "climate crisis" gives urgency to pass legislation that will destroy American freedoms, such as the right to own a car, a gun, or private health insurance.
Among several provisions, the Green New Deal would:
- give "economic security" for people who are "unwilling to work," or UBI (universal basic income);
- wean Americans off of beef and dairy products;
- ban all gas-powered vehicles by 2030;
- eliminate the airline industry;
- promote Medicare for All, "gender based justice", homosexuality and transgenderism;
- tear down and rebuild every building in the country.
We will not accept proposals that could cause immediate harm to millions of our members and their families. We will not stand by and allow threats to our members’ jobs and their families’ standard of living go unanswered."
Six weeks into Democrat control of the House of Representatives it already claimed victory for destroying 25,000 jobs.
- 1 History
- 2 Funding
- 3 Green New Deal
- 4 House Committee on the Climate Crisis
- 5 Supporters
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External link
HistoryThe Manhattan-based Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) has discussed the concept of a Green New Deal since at least 2013:
"A Green New Deal is concerned with a just transition to a more sustainable economy, with improved provision of public services, and with strict regulation of polluters and financial speculators. While there is much promise in this approach, it contains unresolved contradictions and has been blocked by hostile forces. Moreover, it is unclear whether this agenda is adequate to the challenge posed by climate change.The RLS is the American affiliate of the Berlin-based Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, a wholly owned affiliate of German political party Die Linke (The Left)—a direct descendant of the former Stalinist East German Communist Party. The RLS works closely with the United States' largest Marxist organization, the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), and the pro-China Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO), as well as the Communist Party USA (CPUSA), all of which are fully behind the Green New Deal. According to the New Yorker the proposal was
Building green socialism may be the only way to emerge from this time of crisis with a society that treads lightly on the earth while enabling a full range of human flourishing."
"written over a single December 2018 weekend by the staff of the freshman representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and three like-minded progressive groups: the Sunrise Movement, a grassroots climate organization; the Justice Democrats, which recruits and supports progressive candidates; and an upstart policy shop called the New Consensus."According to Momentum’s website:
All three of these groups are spin-offs of a New York City-based revolutionary training organization called "Momentum."
"We see two dominant traditions of organizing in the United States: structure-based organizing and mass protest. In the structure-based tradition, developed by Saul Alinsky and others, organizers start with one-on-one relationships to develop leadership and build a base that can advocate for the needs of particular constituencies. Structure-based organizations, such as community organizations and labor unions, make instrumental demands, using the base’s leverage over policymakers to win concrete reforms for their members. By contrast, in the mass protest tradition, autonomous groups of individuals create polarizing moments that inspire thousands of unaffiliated people to take to the streets around symbolic, popular social issues.Momentum boasts of training activists from groups "doing some of the most important movement-building" in the United States, including "Black Lives Matter, Dream Defenders, BYP100, United We Dream, Showing Up For Racial Justice, 350.org, National People’s Action, PICO, and more." All of these groups are front groups or close affiliates of the FRSO. In short, the Green New Deal seeks a fusion of climate activists with the civil rights movement, as was done with the Feminist movement in the 1970s and Gay rights movement in the 1990s.
The Momentum model fuses the strengths of the structure-based organizing and mass protest to seed a new tradition of organizing in the United States. Momentum synthesizes the lessons of various 20th century movements, including the Color Revolutions of Eastern Europe and the Arab Spring in North Africa."
Strong similarities exist between the Green New Deal and Germany's failed environmental program.
Green New Deal
The Green New Deal is a 10-year plan to "mobilize every aspect of American society at a scale not seen since World War 2 to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and create economic prosperity for all." New Consensus provides the theoretical backbone for the Green New Deal. The DSA, FRSO, and CPUSA are all behind the Green New Deal. Even the League of Revolutionaries for a New America, has backed the plan.
The name overlooks the consensus of modern economists that the New Deal of Franklin Roosevelt stunted economic growth and prolonged the Great Depression with massive government spending programs.
Ocasio-Cortez's plan calls for, within 10 years a
The new committee will have total oversight of American industry, with a mandate for pushing union membership. Under “Scope of the Plan,” a section on labor states the committee's final plan shall:
- national, energy-efficient, “smart grid;
- Upgrading every residential and industrial building for state-of-the-art energy efficiency, comfort and safety;
- Eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from the manufacturing, agricultural and other industries as well as from America’s transportation and infrastructure network, the sort of legislation that provoked the Yellow Vest movement;
- Funding “massive investment” in reducing existing greenhouse gasses.
"Require strong enforcement of labor, workplace safety, and wage standards that recognize the rights of workers to organize and unionize free of coercion, intimidation, and harassment, and creation of meaningful, quality, career employment."
Medicare for AllThe plan includes universal income and Medicare for All: The plan, it says, shall
"include additional measures such as basic income programs, universal health care programs and any others as the select committee may deem appropriate to promote economic security, labor market flexibility and entrepreneurism."The moral question of robbing people of their basic human dignity as contributing members of society and turning them into lazy leeches is not addressed. The plan also imagines creating governmental support for "transitioning" minority communities. The deal shall:
"ensure a 'just transition' for all workers, low-income communities, communities of color, indigenous communities, rural and urban communities and the front-line communities most affected by climate change, pollution and other environmental harm including by ensuring that local implementation of the transition is led from the community level."
The plan calls for "economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work." Abraham Lincoln defined slavery in this way: “You work; I’ll eat.” In his Chicago speech of July 10, 1858, Lincoln put it slightly differently, “You toil and I will enjoy the fruits of it.”The plan calls for creating a national jobs force to help people participate in this "transition." The Green New Deal shall
"provide all members of our society, across all regions and all communities, the opportunity, training and education to be a full and equal participant in the transition, including through a job guarantee program to assure a living wage job to every person who wants one."
Gender based justice
- Main article: Gender psychosis
ReparationsOcasio-Cortez sees this plan as being a vehicle through which social equality might finally be realized through the use of reparations to right historical injustices. The final Green New Deal will
"mitigate deeply entrenched racial, regional and gender-based inequalities in income and wealth (including, without limitation, ensuring that federal and other investment will be equitably distributed to historically impoverished, low income, deindustrialized or other marginalized communities in such a way that builds wealth and ownership at the community level)."
2020 presidential candidates Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris have expressed support for slave reparations. Neither Warren or Harris have elaborated if descendants of people who did not own slaves, such as Native Americans, Republicans, Italians, Poles, Jews, Hispanics and other ethnic groups that migrated to the United States after the American Civil War, would be granted an exemption from paying reparations, or if Americans such as Barack Obama with no ancestry connected to North American slaves would qualify. Or if Kamala Harris, who's white grandparents in Jamaica owned a plantation, would have to pay reparations to herself.
War on Cow Flatulence
- Main article: Peoples Temple Agricultural Project
"We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of f*rting cows and airplanes that fast, but we think we can ramp up renewable manufacturing and power production, retrofit every building in America, build the smart grid, overhaul transportation and agriculture, plant lots of trees and restore our ecosystem to get to net-zero.
The dirty little secret about the global warming hoax is that it's not Dick Cheney, Halliburton and capitalism destroying the planet with carbon emissions, but rather American's beef-eating habits and reliance on dairy products. As population grows, dairy cow and slaughter beef herds get bigger. One cow gives off more methane gas daily than an automobile at a McDonald's drive thru.
"The Green New Deal is about creating the renewable energy economy through a massive investment in our society and economy. Cap and trade assumes the existing market will solve this problem for us, and that’s simply not true. While cap and trade may be a tiny part of the larger Green New Deal plan to mobilize our economy, any cap and trade legislation will pale in comparison to the size of the mobilization and must recognize that existing legislation can incentivize companies to create toxic hotspots in frontline communities."
The plan calls for :
"Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out high-speed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehiclewhile at the same time :
"A Green New Deal ... would not include creating new nuclear plants. It’s unclear if we will be able to decommission every nuclear plant within 10 years, but the plan is to transition off of nuclear and all fossil fuels as soon as possible,"essentially "build charging stations everywhere" without a power source while looking to decommission existing power sources.
The Congressional Research Service says automobile electrification will disrupt the automotive parts supply chain,.
The proposal doesn't spell out if "massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing" supports President Trump's trade war with oversees automobile manufacturers, or if the jobs will go to China to achieve the Democrats' plan to create "a job for anyone who wants one."
FinancingFederal Reserve and other institutions the government can create.
"The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments, new public banks can be created (as in WWII) to extend credit and a combination of various taxation tools (including taxes on carbon and other emissions and progressive wealth taxes) can be employed."
This proposal violates the House Paygo provision, which mandates all new spending proposals must carry with them cuts in programs for existing constituencies, or proposals for tax increases to offset added spending. Ocasio-Cortez's Medicare for All proposal, which Bernie Sanders and Nancy Pelosi both claim to support, adds spending more than two times America's Gross Domestic Product, making the Medicare for All provision a fantasy, Ocasio-Cortez a simpleton, and Pelosi and Sanders bald face liars to stupid people. Paygo is Pelosi's own rule that she herself formulated as Speaker of the House.
Printing money causes inflation and a dramatic rise in the cost of living. To get to net-zero carbon emissions the government of France has targeted elimination of carbon-emitting vehicles by the year 2040 - ten years later than Green New Deal targets. An 8 cent per gallon fuel tax increase in November 2018 to discourage fossil fuel consumption and encourage conversion to electric cars sparked months of rioting leaving at least 10 people dead and dozens with serious injuries including loss of limbs. The protests and riots - originally over carbon fuel taxes for a green economy - now include protests over rising living costs.
House Committee on the Climate Crisis
- Main article: Climate Crisis Committee
The House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis was formed by Speaker Nancy Pelosi in 2019 under pressure from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and two Marxist groups known as the Sunrise Movement and the Justice Democrats. The Green New Deal was introduced as H.Res.109 with 84 Democrat co-sponsors on February 7, 2019. In the Senate it was introduced as S. Res. 59 with 11 Democrat co-sponsors. Democrats struggled to defend it while Republicans mocked it.
- STAGE 1. THE ‘CRISIS: Some situation exists, whose negative aspects the anointed propose to eliminate. Such a situation is routinely characterized as a 'crisis'
- STAGE 2. THE ‘SOLUTION’: Policies to end the ‘crisis’ are advocated by the anointed, who say that these policies will lead to beneficial result A. Critics say that these policies will lead to detrimental result Z. The anointed dismiss these latter claims as absurd and ‘simplistic,’ if not dishonest.
- STAGE 3. THE RESULTS: The policies are instituted and lead to detrimental result Z.
- STAGE 4. THE RESPONSE: Those who attribute detrimental result Z to the policies instituted are dismissed as ‘simplistic’ for ignoring the ‘complexities’ involved, as ‘many factors’ went into determining the outcome.
Later in the book Sowell adds other potential responses:
- Goals are redefined after the fact to give the public the illusion of success regarding the policies put in place.
- Bad motives are ascribed to the opposition or to society in general.
- The good intentions of the anointed are highlighted.
- They attack the accuracy of the data showing failure.
Government spending & debt vs investment
This is an old ruse first introduced by candidate Bill Clinton in 1992, referring to increased government spending and piling on the national debt as "investment." Many other politicians and journalists have since misused the term. Clinton aimed to hide the negative associations most voters had from experiences of the New Deal and Great Society - new spending meant vote buying, tax increases, and inflation. Fortunately for Clinton, he presided over two years of balanced budgets in the post-Cold War era and negative aspects of increased spending weren't immediately apparent.
Rep. Carolyn Maloney of New York, who supports the Green New Deal, was livid when her fellow communists killed the prospect of Amazon bringing its main headquarters to New York and creating 25,000 jobs with wages averaging $150,000. Elizabeth Warren and Ocasio-Cortez took credit for killing the deal.CNN reported the fight over Amazon is the fight for the future of the Democratic Party. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted:
"Anything is possible: today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon's corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world."Warren tweeted
"How long will we allow giant corporations to hold our democracy hostage?"
Amazon was promised up to $1.5 billion in tax abatements in exchange for the promise of creating 25,000 jobs. Ocasio-Cortez believes a tax abatement is a bucket of cash the government can spend on subways or teachers. Warren called the tax incentives "bribes."CNN claimed
"Democrats and party leaders have not exactly kept pace with all, or maybe even most, of their constituents in urban areas, where jobs are plentiful -- but fewer and fewer people feel they're able to get ahead.
It was a campaign of younger politicians and activists who sent the Internet giant packing, and the lesson may very well be that a new crop of progressives is hostile to the idea that government should be working with corporate America to make jobs."
- Numbered list item
- Kamala Harris
- Elizabeth Warren
- Kirsten Gillibrand
- Cory Booker
- Amy Klobuchar
- Jeff Merkely
- Richard Blumenthal
- Mazie Hirono
- Bernie Sanders
- Jay Inslee
- Julian Castro
- Ed Markey
- Ron Wyden
- Chris Murphy
- Jared Huffman (CA-02)
- Jackie Speier (CA-14)
- Ro Khanna (CA-17)
- Mike Levin (CA-49)
- Ted Lieu (CA-33)
- John Lewis (GA-05)
- Joe Neguse (CO-02)
- Tulsi Gabbard (HI-02)
- Chellie Pingree (ME-01)
- Jamie Raskin (MD-08)
- Ayanna Pressley (MA-07)
- Rashida Tlaib (MI-13)
- Ilhan Omar (MN-05)
- Deb Haaland (NM-01)
- Carolyn Maloney (NY-12)
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY-14)
- Jose Serrano (NY-15)
- Earl Blumenauer (OR-03)
- Alcee Hastings [D-FL-20]
- Juan Vargas [D-CA-51]
- Adriano Espaillat [D-NY-13]
- Stephen Lynch [D-MA-8]
- Nydia Velazquez [D-NY-7]
- Brendan Boyle [D-PA-2]
- Joaquin Castro [D-TX-20]
- Yvette Clarke [D-NY-9]
- Pramila Jayapal [D-WA-7]
- Ro Khanna [D-CA-17]
- Peter Welch [D-VT-At Large]
- Eliot Engel [D-NY-16]
- Jerrold Nadler [D-NY-10]
- James McGovern [D-MA-2]
- Mark Pocan [D-WI-2]
- Mark Takano [D-CA-41]
- Eleanor Holmes Norton [D-DC-At Large]
- Jamie Raskin [D-MD-8]
- Gerald Connolly [D-VA-11]
- Alan Lowenthal [D-CA-47]
- Doris Matsui [D-CA-6]
- Mike Thompson [D-CA-5]
- Chellie Pingree [D-ME-1]
- Mike Quigley [D-IL-5]
- Bonnie Watson Coleman [D-NJ-12]
- Jesus Garcia [D-IL-4]
- Brian Higgins [D-NY-26]
- Grace Meng [D-NY-6]
- Salud Carbajal [D-CA-24]
- David Cicilline [D-RI-1]
- Steve Cohen [D-TN-9]
- Katherine Clark [D-MA-5]
- Judy Chu [D-CA-27]
- Debbie Mucarsel-Powell [D-FL-26]
- Seth Moulton [D-MA-6]
- Raul Grijalva [D-AZ-3]
- Gregory Meeks [D-NY-5]
- Gregorio Kilili Camacho Sablan, [D-MP-At Large]
- Barbara Lee [D-CA-13]
- Suzanne Bonamici [D-OR-1]
- Sean Patrick Maloney [D-NY-18]
- Janice Schakowsky [D-IL-9]
- Rosa DeLauro [D-CT-3]
- Andy Levin [D-MI-9]
- Betty McCollum [D-MN-4]
- Mark DeSaulnier [D-CA-11]
- Joe Courtney [D-CT-2]
- John Larson [D-CT-1]
- Veronica Escobar [D-TX-16]
- Adam Schiff [D-CA-28]
- William Keating [D-MA-9]
- Peter DeFazio [D-OR-4]
- Anna Eshoo [D-CA-18]
- Lori Trahan [D-MA-3]
- Jimmy Gomez [D-CA-34]
- Joseph P. Kennedy III [D-MA-4]
- Maxine Waters [D-CA-43]
- Wm. Lacy Clay [D-MO-1]
- Eric Swalwell
CriticismPatrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace, said of Ocasio-Cortez, the bills author, and to its supporters:
Pompous little twit. You don’t have a plan to grow food for 8 billion people without fossil fuels, or get the food into the cities. Horses? If fossil fuels were banned every tree in the world would be cut down for fuel for cooking and heating. You would bring about mass death.
- War on Science
- Committees of Correspondence for Democratic Socialism
- Our Revolution
- New Consensus
- Green Quantitative Easing
- Chicken Little
- Green New Deal 02/07/19
- Murphy, James (January 6, 2019). Ocasio-Cortez’s “Green New Deal” Represents the True Wishes of Democrats and Globalists. The New American. Retrieved January 6, 2019.
- Pollak, Joel B. (February 7, 2019). Pollak: ‘Green New Deal’ Is a Republican Parody of the Democratic Platform. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Duke, Selwyn (February 11, 2019). Exposed! Ocasio-Cortez Can Scrub, but She Can’t Hide Green New Deal Details. The New American. Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- Pollak, Joel B. (February 7, 2019). Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: ‘Green New Deal’ Will Pay Americans Who Are ‘Unwilling to Work’. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
Democrats tried to hide this aspect of the Green New Deal and denied its existence:
- Ferrechio (February 9, 2019). The mysterious case of AOC’s scrubbed 'Green New Deal' details. Washington Examiner. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- Nolte, John (February 10, 2019). Nolte: Ocasio-Cortez Adviser Caught Lying to Tucker Carlson. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- Re, Gregg (February 10, 2019). Ocasio-Cortez adviser admits he falsely claimed Green New Deal didn't promise security for those 'unwilling' to work'. Fox News. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- Peek, Liz (February 21, 2019). AOC's green deal isn't new — it's been a flop in Germany. The Hill. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Klein, Aaron (February 19, 2019). Who’s Behind the Green New Deal? Big Money Backs Ocasio-Cortez Socialist Dream Project. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate, Meg Sullivan | August 10, 2004.
- Death of a Nation: Plantation Politics and the Making of the Democratic Party, Dinesh D'Souza, St. Martin's Press, Jul 31, 2018.
- Should plant-based meat replace beef completely?, Paul Solman, PBS News Hour, Dec 21, 2017.
- EPA Issues “Fart Chart”: Bovine Flatulence Measured State-by-State, 1 May 2014, by jonathanturley
- Cow farts blow up barn.
- S. Res. 59
- Richardson, Valerie (February 10, 2019). Democrats struggle to defend much-mocked Green New Deal. The Washington Times. Retrieved February 11, 2019.