New Zealand mosque shooting
The New Zealand mosque shooting was a direct action attack on two Christchurch, New Zealand mosques by a leftwing white supremacist that killed 50 Muslims at prayer in retaliation for the Islamization of the West, and in the hopes of sparking "revolutionary change." The shooter described himself as a "green nationalist" and "eco-fascist." The shooting occurred on March 15, 2019. The shooter wrote a Cultural Marxist-dialectic diatribe, rife with contradictions and incoherent nonsense to justify murder and violence, such as is common to much radical leftist literature.
Witness statements say that police took over 20 minutes to arrive at the scene. The actual response time was 36 minutes. A shooter and several others were arrested. However, according to New Zealand mainstream media news reports the others were not part of the attack and the attacker was a solo assailant. The 28 year old shooter obviously had paramilitary training and had traveled to Pakistan, North Korea, Turkey, parts of Africa, Portugal, Spain, France, Afghanistan and Xinjiang, China.
- 1 Motivations
- 2 Reaction: attack on gun rights
- 3 Other reactions
- 4 Further reading
- 5 References
The shooter gave three precipitating events to the attack:
- Revenge for Ebba Åkerlund.
- The 2017 French General election. In the shooter's own words:
"The candidates were an obvious sign of our times: a globalist, capitalist, egalitarian, an ex-investment banker w[ith] no national beliefs other than the pursuit of profit versus a milquetoast, feckless, civic nationalist, an uncontroversial figure who’s most brave and inspired idea resolved to the possible deportation of illegal immigrants."
- The state of French cities and towns, "the indignity of the invasion of France, the pessimism of the [F]rench people, the loss of culture and identity and the farce of the political solutions offered."
Ebba Åkerlund was an 11-year-old partially deaf girl who was killed in the Stockholm truck attack. Her body was cut in two. The driver was an asylum seeker and Islamic State sympathizer who was supposed to have been deported. By November 2018, Ebba’s grave had been vandalized more than 30 times by another illegal immigrant who had been arrested several times and was also supposed to have been deported, but was released instead. The shooter had Ebba Åkerlund's name written on his gun.
Emmanuel Macron, the winner of the French election, claimed that a "historic" and "unprecedented" age of mass migration is beginning in Europe, and that mass migration is "not linked" to the high crime rates for migrants. Macron said that terrorism would be "part of our daily lives for the years to come."
The shooter described visiting a cemetery in France, "one of the many mass cemeteries created to bury the French and other European soldiers lost in the Wars that crippled Europe....Simple, white, wooden crosses stretching from the fields beside the roadway, seemingly without end, into the horizon. Their number uncountable, the representation of their loss unfathomable. I pulled my rental car over, and sat, staring at these crosses and contemplating how it was that despite these men and womens sacrifice, despite their bravery, we had still fallen so far....Why were we allowing these soldiers deaths to be in vain? Why were we allowing the invaders to conquer us? Overcome us? Without a single shot fired in response?"
Leftwing white supremacyThe shooter uses common liberal and Marxist buzzwords, "change" and "revolutionary action," to justify violent action:
"To create an atmosphere of fear and change in which drastic, powerful and revolutionary action can occur."Elsewhere he speaks of "revolutionary change" and "a violent, revolutionary solution," categorically leftwing, non-conservative language. He makes several reference to vanguardism which is exclusively radical Marxist language. Answering the question “Were/are you a conservative?”, the shooter wrote, “No, conservatism is corporatism in disguise, I want no part of it.” He claims communist China best reflects his values, condemns capitalism and conservatism, stating that "conservatism is dead, thank god," and wrote positively of socialism and environmentalism. The reasons cited for the attack primarily are revenge, which is un-Christian, as well as clearly anti-American motives:
"to create conflict between the two ideologies within the United States on the ownership of firearms in order to further the social, cultural, political and racial divide within the United States. This conflict over the 2nd amendment and the attempted removal of firearms rights will ultimately result in a civil war that will eventually balkanize the US along political, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.The shooter, as most American liberals do, holds the mistaken notion that African-Americans favor surrendering their constitutional rights, particularly the right to keep and bear arms. The Fourteenth Amendment equal protection clause guarantees to Blacks the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Only liberal leftwing Marxists and Klansman have ever proposed stripping African-Americans of this fundamental God-given human right.
This balkanization of the US will not only result in the racial separation of the people within the United States ensuring the future of the White race on the North American continent, but also ensuring the death of the "melting pot" pipe dream.Furthermore this balkanization will also reduce the USA's ability to project power globally, and thereby ensure that never again can such a situation as the US involvement in Kosovo ever occur again (where US/NATO forces fought beside Muslims and slaughtered Christian Europeans attempting to remove these Islamic occupiers from Europe).
The shooter claims he developed his beliefs from the internet, "You will not find the truth anywhere else." The shooter has quick, ready made answers to all questions in a Q and A format he constructs with himself, except one: "Are you a Christian?", which he cannot answer.
The shooter links to several Wikipedia pages, including articles on UK grooming gangs in Rotherham, Aylesbury, Banbury, Bristol, Derby, Halifax, Huddersfield, Keighley, Newcastle, Rochdale, Oxford, Peterborough, Telford, Operation Doublet, the Australian Ashfield and Sydney gangs, the Oulu Finland gang, New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Cologne, Hamburg, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart and Bielefeld Germany.
The shooter has quite a bit to say about diversity and the "myth of the melting pot." He point-blank declares "the attack was not an attack on diversity, but an attack in the name of diversity." He claims "a rainbow is only beautiful due its variety of colours, mix the colours together and you destroy them all." The shooter uses pointedly Marxist anti-colonial language with "all those who colonize other peoples lands share guilt," while laughing off the fact he himself is an immigrant to New Zealand from Australia.
Radicalization is the rational response
Like the reaction of Antifa to the election of Donald Trump, the shooter declares "Radicalization is the rational response" to immigration. The mainstream media however claimed the shooter was a Trump supporter and highlighted the shooting while ignoring numerous other massacres around the world.
- See also: Violent video games
Green nationalismThe shooter uses the same anti-growth zero-sum argument common to leftists since the Reagan era, the list of exponents being too long to enumerate. Cory Booker and Bill Gates are some of the non-scientific spokespersons of this zero-sum ideology. The shooter declares
"There is no Green future with never ending population growth, the ideal green world cannot exist in a World of 100 billion 50 billion or even 10 billion people. Continued immigration into Europe is environmental warfare and ultimately destructive to nature itself."Cory Booker says for example
"this planet simply can’t sustain billions of people consuming industrially produced animal agriculture because of environmental impact. It’s just not possible, as China, as Africa move toward consuming meat the same way America does because we just don’t have enough land. The number-one reason for rainforest destruction now is animal grazing land. We see greenhouse producing gases produced; the devastating impact is just not practical. The numbers just don’t add up."Throughout the manifesto the shooter speaks with reverence toward nature. Many themes are common to the Green New Deal, "access to nature," "worker rights," and even the "minimum wage":
"by encouraging and pushing increases to the minimum wage; furthering the unionization of workers; increasing the native birthrate and thereby reducing the need for the importation of labour; increasing the rights of workers; pushing for the increase in automation or advancement of industrial labour replacement or any other tactic that is available.In describing his political evolution, he states
In the end human greed and the need for increasing profit margins of capital owners needs to be fought against and broken."
"when I was young I was a communist, then an anarchist and finally a libertarian before coming to be an eco-fascist."The shooter maintains that birthrates and climate change "are the same issue, the environment is being destroyed by over population." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a woman of 29 years of age, questioned whether it is moral to bring children into the world in a posting to her 3.1 million followers. Like Ocasio-Cortez, the shooter is apocalyptic in his timetable for action:
"the only real reason that many statistics of our ethnic replacement haven’t yet matched with our reality is that are numbers are currently buoyed by the baby boomer generation.
As these baby boomers pass on and leave us behind, there will be a rapid and obvious change in the demographic make up of our nations, both statistically and socially. This rapid change in demography will bring about a time of crisis, as the reality of our possible ethnic replacement becomes obvious to all, even the naysayers. This time cannot be relied on for a beginning of the rebellion, only utilized as a final stage of energy and escalation to finalize our capture of power.
If we wait until the majority of the boomers begin to pass (between 2028 — 2038 depending on individual nations and life expectancies) than it will be too little, too late. As by this time the invaders and occupiers of lands, non-Europeans, numbers will swollen to a staggering size, due to both mass immigration and the differing birthrates between the native European people and these invaders.Also, relying on this time period for our victory holds a second major disadvantage, that being vulnerability to foreign invasion, most likely from the east, specifically China; Turkey; India or some combination of the three. This time of possible instability will also be a at a time where our potential nation enemies in the East will be reaching their own zeniths of power."
NihilismA country with supposed free speech rights, New Zealand banned the shooter's manifesto. In the manifesto the shooter explicitly rejects conservative values and the rights of the individual in favor of a collective racial community:
"the West killed the notion of god, and proceeded to replace it with nothing. Brought forth two competing ideologies (communism and fascism) to replace this loss of god, then proceeded to allow both sides to slaughter each other to a standstill and then let corporate backed capitalists tear the survivor to pieces. Resulting in a society with no core beliefs, no purpose and no vision for the future. A society of rampant nihilism, consumerism and individualism, where every individual is a competitor and the rights of the individual override all notions of responsibility. In this hell the individual is all and the race is worthless, something to rail against and use whenever possible, a power structure to climb, or topple."
"....Broken families with soaring divorce rates, that’s if they even bother to get married at all. Suicide rates climbing year by year, not just for adults, by even teens and children as well and the only time people seem to even notice is when one of their own idols commits the act (singers, sports stars, actors). Drug use at all levels of society, in all age groups, any source of distraction or relief to escape a culture of nihilism. Rampant urbanization and industrialization, ever expanding cities and shrinking forests, a complete removal of man from nature, with the obvious results. Pedophile politicians, pedophile priests and pedophile pop stars, demonstrating to all the true depravity of our age.....Suicidal, nihilistic and degenerate pop icons produced from a dead culture: Michael Jackson (pedophile, self hating, self mutilating, opiod addict); Madonna (degenerate, drug addict, childless, whore, anti-christian, pro miscegenation) Kurt Cobain (suicidal, drug addict, self hater, anti-social), Freddy Mercury (lifelong identity crisis, lifelong battle with hedonism and drug use, eventual death due to sexual hedonism) just to name a few. Empty nurseries, full casinos, empty churches and full mosques, entropy in blitzspeed. Politicians writ in the same ink as Eligabolus, worshiping all that is foreign, poisonous and subversive. So these young men and women see this suicidal nihilism and isolate themselves from this mainstream, “multicultural”, egalitarian, individualistic insanity..."Elsewhere he notes,
"Expecting immigrants to assimilate to a dying, decadent culture is laughable. Who would willing leave their own strong, dominant and rising culture to join an elderly, decaying, degenerate culture? What culture would entice a man, one of traditions, beauty, architecture, art and prosperity, or a culture of decay, self-hatred, childlessness, disorder and nihilism?
More immigrants are choosing to retain their own healthy culture, year by year, and even more telling, our own people are beginning to join them, looking outside their own watered down and deteriorating culture to look for purpose and guidance from outside sources.
The weaker we become the more immigrants will refuse to join us, refuse to partake in the cultural suicide that we extol."
"To Conservatives"In a rant addressed to conservatives that resembles ideas expressed by Michael Moore, the Occupy Wall Street movement, and Adolf Hitler, the shooter says (excerpted):
"Nothing is conserved. The natural environment is industrialized, pulverized and commoditized. Western culture is trivialized, pulped and blended into a smear of meaningless nothing, with the only tenets and beliefs seemingly held to are the myth of the individual, the value of work (productivity for the benefit of your capitalist owners) and the sovereignty of private property (to ensure none of us get grand ideas of taking the unearned wealth of our owners).
Ethnic autonomy? Destroyed in the name of cheap labour, whilst they may publicly object to the illegal immigration of the third world masses, privately they push for as much migration as possible, anything to decrease the labour cost of production and line their pockets with the profits....The nation? What nations do we have to conserve? What our own nations now based on? Their is no shared culture, ethnicity, language, values or beliefs. Anyone can be a member of our nation, as long as they have the paperwork. ...Hear the conservatives cry, as long as they are willing to WORK, let them in! Let them earn our wealthy benefactors their second yachts and their fifth properties!
The Race? They don’t even BELIEVE in the race, they don’t even have the gall to say race exists. And above all they don’t even care if it does. It’s profit, and profit alone that drives them, all else is secondary. The notion of a racial future or destiny is as foreign to them as social responsibilities.
Not a thing has been conserved other than corporate profits and the the ever increasing wealth of the 1% that exploit the people for their own benefit.
Conservatism is dead. Thank god. Now let us bury it and move on to something of worth."
The shooter expresses admiration for Sir Oswald Mosley. Much of the concepts appear lifted from Mein Kampf, which borrowed heavily from Houston Stewart Chamberlain's Foundations of the 19th Century and the notion of the Aryan culture-bearer.
A recurring theme throughout the manifesto is an anti-Turkish sentiment.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan stated that the attack was “no individual act” and that he was sending an official delegation to New Zealand to gather further information about the groups behind the attack. Turkish state-owned media source TRT World has cited anonymous officials who claimed that shooter entered Turkey “to carry out a terror attack and/ or an assassination.” The shooter’s visits to Turkey occurred on March 17–20, 2016 and September 13, 2016. Erdoğan survived a coup attempt that began July 15, 2016.The shooter addresses the question whether he was part of a false flag operation while advising how to conduct a false flag operation:
"Incite conflict. Place posters near public parks calling for sharia law, then in the next week place posters over such posters calling for the expulsion of all immigrants, repeat in every area of public life until the crisis arises.Obviously, from context, not at all "conservative" or "right wing."
Destabilize, then take control. If we want to radically and fundamentally change society, then we need to radicalize society as much as possible."
Reaction: attack on gun rights
In New Zealand
The shooter was in possession of high-capacity magazines and a semi-automatic assault rifle. The weapon and magazines would have been classified as either a “restricted weapon” or a “military-style-semi-automatic” (MSSA) under New Zealand law. A person who possesses or uses a firearm in New Zealand needs to hold a firearms license issued by police. Licenses normally last for ten years unless revoked. Foreign nationals may apply from overseas for a one-year license based on their possession of an existing license in their home country.
New Zealand's liberal leftwing Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern immediately used the killings to revisit New Zealand's gun laws and attack innocent citizen's human rights, stating: "Our gun laws will change, now is the time... People will be seeking change, and I am committed to that." Ardern continued by stating that "There have been attempts to change our laws in 2005, 2012 and after an inquiry in 2017. Now is the time for change."
On March 21, 2019, Ardern announced New Zealand would ban "military-style semi-automatic weapons" and "all assault rifles," something which would be done through legislation yet to be written. New Zealand's governor-general signed these laws on April 11, 2019. Ardern later proposed a law explicitly labeling gun ownership as a privilege, not a right.
By November 2019, only 18% of the guns newly-banned under New Zealand law had been turned over. By December 2019, the government had confiscated 50,000 guns. The country's ban on semi-automatic rifles went into effect on December 21, 2019.
In the United States
Clayton E. Cramer wrote in 1993, "The historical record provides compelling evidence that racism underlies gun control laws -- and not in any subtle way. Throughout much of American history, gun control was openly stated as a method for keeping blacks and Hispanics 'in their place,' and to quiet the racial fears of whites....gun control has historically been a tool of racism, and associated with racist attitudes about black violence. Similarly, many gun control laws impinge on that most fundamental of rights: self-defense. Racism is so intimately tied to the history of gun control in America that we should regard gun control aimed at law-abiding people as a 'suspect idea,' and require that the courts use the same demanding standards when reviewing the constitutionality of a gun control law, that they would use with respect to a law that discriminated based on race."
Leftists in the U.S. called for similar gun control laws as those enacted in New Zealand despite the existence of a natural right to self-defense, and some politicians called for the same gun control laws that failed to stop the New Zealand terrorist attack. The notion of gun control has never been popular among anyone who has had a cross burnt on their front lawn or relatives of the victims of Kristallnacht.
On March 22, 2019, the New Zealand government broadcast the Islamic call to prayer throughout the nation for two minutes, and many New Zealanders, including the prime minister, wore Islamic clothing such as the hijab, which many regard as a symbol of oppression of women's rights. On March 23, 2019, New Zealanders again wore Islamic clothing such as the hijab. Ardern invited an imam to read some verses from the Koran's Surah al Baqarah before the opening of a parliamentary session. The Surah al Baqarah speaks of "those who are killed in the way of Allah" and evokes a "great punishment" for "those who disbelieve".
Some imams have scapegoated Jews for the attack.
A prominent imam at a mosque in New Zealand blamed "Zionist[s]" and "the Mossad" for the shootings. In Canada, an imam asserted a "Zionist connection" with the massacre. In Sudan, a cleric claimed that Jews were responsible for the murders.
Social media websites, ISPs, and the media, playing right into the terrorist's hands, censored content related to the shootings. New Zealand legislation regarding hate speech (the Harmful Digital Communications Act) has a maximum penalty of 10-years imprisonment - Tarrant's manifesto comes under the broad umbrella of this piece of legislation and is therefor banned under New Zealand law. On March 23, 2019, New Zealand's government banned possession of the terrorist's manifesto.
Chelsea Clinton attacked for condemning Leftist racismChelsea Clinton was accosted by students while attending a vigil for the slain congregants at New York University:
"This, right here, is a result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world. And I want you to know that, and I want you to feel that deep down inside. Forty-nine people died because of the rhetoric you put out there.”Chelsea Clinton had criticized anti-Semitic comments by Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar. The Democrat-controlled House of Representatives has refused to sanction Omar for her repeated anti-Semitic and racist statements.
- John Podesta visits Jacinda Ardern in New Zealand, March 11, 2019.
- Evidence Indicates Link Between North Korean Embassy Break-In And Christchurch Attacks, William Craddick, Disobedient Media, March 16, 2019.
- Christchurch and the Globalization of Right-Wing Terrorism, Soufan Group, March 18, 2019.
- Alleged mosque shooter's recent travels outside NZ
- Candace Owens debunks Leftist attacks
- Christchurch Murders: The Real Accomplices, Gatestone Institute
- Why Obama and Clinton Tweeted About ‘Easter Worshippers,’ Not Christians, Dennis Prager, April 23, 2019
- Hale, Virginia (April 17, 2018). Macron: Europe Entering Age of ‘Unprecedented’ Mass Migration, ‘Shares Destiny’ with Africa. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- Hale, Virginia (May 1, 2018). Macron: Migrant Violence, Terror Is Europe’s Fault, ‘Not Linked’ to Mass Immigration. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Montgomery, Jack (April 21, 2017). French Presidential Favourite Macron: Terrorism ‘Part of Our Daily Lives for Years to Come’ After Paris Shooting. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Kew, Ben (March 15, 2019). Christchurch Killer: Nation with Closest ‘Values to My Own Is the People’s Republic of China’. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Shaw, C. Mitchell (March 15, 2019). Christchurch Shooter Praises Communist China, Condemns Conservatism and Capitalism: Media Call Him a Trump Supporter. The New American. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Bokhari, Allum (March 15, 2019). New Zealand Shooter Hopes for U.S. Civil War: ‘Conservatism Is Dead, Thank God’. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Negroes and the Gun: The Black Tradition of Arms, by Nicholas Johnson, January 14, 2014.
- Duke, Selwyn (March 16, 2019). Media Reporting on New Zealand, but Did You Hear About That OTHER Bigotry-driven Massacre? The New American. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Williams, Thomas D. (March 17, 2019). Media Silence Surrounds Muslim Massacre of Christians. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- The term "sustainability," popularized by supply-side economists, referred to "sustainable economic growth" or a breakout of stagflationary cycles; modern climate change hoaxers use the terms "sustainable" and "sustainability" to mean rationing of non-renewable and limited resources. "Sustainable" in this distorted sense is anti-growth. Lester Thurow of MIT was the leading proponent of zero-sum theory - that one person's gain results in another person's loss, there is no Win-Win business model, and a rising tide does not lift all boats. The collapse of the Soviet Union proved Thurow wrong, but the zero-sum society was resurrected by the climate change movement and the concept of "sustainability" was twisted by Marxist economists to mean government allocation of resources or rationing.
- Despite this cataclysmic foreboding, elsewhere in a moment of clarity the devoted leftist admits, "The only people that seemingly do not face such issues are those with strong traditions, gender norms, societal norms; the poor and the religious, usually a combination of all. This should give us an indication of what may be truly at the heart of the issue."
- Elsewhere he says, "The idea that all it takes for a Han chinese man to become German is to be born on German soil is as insane as a German born on Mars becoming a Martian."
- Jacinda Ardern to lead IUSY, The Standard, Written By: ALL_YOUR_BASE - Date published: 1:59 pm, January 31st, 2008
- Swaine, Jon. "New Zealand PM vows to toughen gun control laws after Christchurch attack", The Guardian, 15 March 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Adelmann, Bob (March 21, 2019). New Zealand’s PM Announces Gun Ban Following Mosque Attacks. The New American. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (March 20, 2019). New Zealand Bans ‘Military-Style’ Semiautomatics, ‘High-Capacity’ Mags. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Darrah, Nicole; Sorace, Stephen (March 20, 2019). New Zealand prime minister announces ban on 'military-style semi-automatic weapons' after mosque attack. Fox News. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Klug, Foster; Williams, Juliet (March 21, 2019). A closer look at New Zealand's new weapons ban. Fox News (from the Associated Press). Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Burke, Michael (April 11, 2019). Top New Zealand official signs sweeping gun laws. The Hill. Retrieved April 11, 2019.
- Proposed New Zealand Law Says Gun Ownership a Privilege, Not a Right. Breitbart News (from the Associated Press). July 22, 2019. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Perry, Nick (July 22, 2019). Proposed New Zealand law says owning guns is not a right. The Washington Times (from the Associated Press). Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Tennant, Michael (July 23, 2019). New Zealand Proposes Tougher Gun Laws Because Gun Ownership Is a “Privilege, Not a Right”. The New American. Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (November 5, 2019). New Zealanders Surrender Only 18 Percent of Newly Banned Guns. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 5, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- 50,000 Legal Firearms Confiscated in New Zealand ‘Buyback’. Breitbart News (from the Associated Press). December 21, 2019. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Blake, Andrew (December 21, 2019). New Zealand gun reforms take effect after amnesty window ends; more than 56,000 firearms collected. The Washington Times. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Madden, Nate (December 23, 2019). New Zealand’s gun confiscation program criticized as a ‘failure’. Conservative Review. Retrieved December 23, 2019.
- Tennant, Michael (December 24, 2019). Was New Zealand’s Gun Buyback a Success? The New American. Retrieved December 24, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (December 21, 2019). Ban on Semiautomatic Rifles, Pump Shotguns Takes Effect in New Zealand. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- Daugherty, Owen (December 21, 2019). Sweeping ban on semiautomatic weapons takes effect in New Zealand. The Hill. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- The Racist Roots of Gun Control, Clayton E. Cramer, 1993. www.firearmsandliberty.com
- Multiple references:
- Hawkins, Awr (March 22, 2019). Barbra Streisand Demands to Know ‘Why Can’t Our Country’ Enact a New Zealand-Style Gun Ban. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (March 21, 2019). CNN: U.S. Lacks New Zealand’s ‘Urgency’ in Banning Guns. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (March 21, 2019). Bernie Sanders Calls for New Zealand-Style Gun Ban in U.S. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (March 21, 2019). New Zealand Prime Minister: Gun Ban ‘Just the Beginning’ of What Will Be Done. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (March 22, 2019). Dianne Feinstein: U.S. Needs to Follow New Zealand’s Gun Ban Example. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Hawkins, Awr (March 20, 2019). Elizabeth Warren Pushes Same Gun Controls That Failed in New Zealand. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Montgomery, Jack (March 22, 2019). New Zealand Broadcasts Islamic Call to Prayer Nationwide, PM Dons Hijab. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Gill, Joshua (March 22, 2019). New Zealand Goes Full Islam After Mosque Attacks. The Daily Caller. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- New Zealand observes Muslim prayer after mosque attacks. Fox News (from the Associated Press). March 22, 2019. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Jativa, Daniel (March 23, 2019). New Zealanders don hijabs, march to show solidarity with Muslim citizens as attacked mosques reopen. Washington Examiner. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Shaw, C. Mitchell (March 21, 2019). New Zealand Plays Into Terrorist’s Hands; Embraces Censorship in Wake of Deadly Attacks. The New American. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- Blake, Andrew (March 23, 2019). New Zealand outlaws possessing, distributing Christchurch shooter's manifesto. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- NZ Debates Free Speech Limits, Long Prison Terms for Downloading Christchurch Manifesto. Breitbart News (from the Associated Press). March 24, 2019. Retrieved March 24, 2019.