|Ben Ray Luján|
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2021
United States Representative for
New Mexico's 3rd congressional district
January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2021
|Preceded by||Tom Udall|
|Succeeded by||Teresa Leger Fernandez|
Ben Ray Luján is the junior United States Senator for the heavily Democrat state of New Mexico. Previously from 2009 to 2021, he was the United States Representative for New Mexico's 3rd congressional distric in the northwestern part of the state. He is a staunch supporter of abortion.
U.S. House of RepresentativesEdit
2020 Senate runEdit
After liberal incumbent senator Tom Udall announced in March 2019 that he wasn't seeking re-election in 2020, Luján soon declared his run for the seat. According to the New Haven Register on February 4, 2020, he raised nearly 1 million dollars for his campaign in addition to the $2 million in cash-on-hand he already possesses.
- HR 5 - Equality Act - National Key Vote
- Democratic lawmaker says young GOP voters will push party leadership on diversity issues
- Infanticide Vote Blocked by NM Congress Members
- Trump impeachment push gets important new ally
- H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote
- U.S. Senator Udall announces retirement from Congress
- Multiple sources:
- Lujan outraising all foes in open Senate race in New Mexico
- Ben Ray Luján is the projected winner over Mark Ronchetti in the US Senate race in New Mexico
- Ben Ray Lujan on the Issues
- Pro-Life Victory! MLG's Abortion and Euthanasia Bills Dead on Arrival in 2020 NM Legislature!