Catherine Cortez Masto
|Catherine Cortez Masto|
|Senior U.S. Senator from Nevada|
From: January 3, 2017 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former Attorney General of Nevada|
From: January 1, 2007 – January 5, 2015
Catherine Marie Cortez Masto is a Democrat politician and lawyer who is currently serving as the senior senator from Nevada, previously serving as the attorney general for the state.
Attorney General of Nevada
It was reported that while Cortez Masto was the attorney general of Nevada, she was complicit in ignoring a corrupt guardianship "program" that was abusing seniors.
After Harry Reid announced that he would not seek re-election in 2016, he endorsed Cortez Masto and encouraged her to run for his Senate seat. The latter soon announced her run and won the general election later, defeating the moderate Republican Joe Heck by less than 3% of the vote.
Cortez Masto opposed Donald Trump's plan to decertify the Iran nuclear deal, absurdly claiming that it was “the best option we had to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.”
Cortez Masto is generally a liberal who supports unrestricted abortion, illegal immigration, and the neocon agenda of endless wars. She was opposed to same-sex "marriage" as the Attorney General of Nevada before supporting it.
- Harry Reid, former senator from Nevada
- Jacky Rosen, the current junior senator from Nevada
- ↑ TYPICAL. Harry Reid Protege Cortez Masto Let Family Friend Pillage the Elderly (VIDEO)
- ↑ Senator Harry Reid Announces Retirement
- ↑ Meet the Woman Harry Reid Wants to Replace Him in the Senate
- ↑ 2016 Nevada Senate Election Results
- ↑ Cortez Masto Statement on Trump’s Decision to Decertify Iran Nuclear Deal
- ↑ Catherine Cortez Masto on the Issues
- ↑ Attorneys general switching sides on gay marriage