Liberal media bias
Ian Wishart said:
- "Most of us in journalism are not just reporters, we are idealists. We think we have a responsibility to change the planet for the greater good, and with the power of television and movies we think we can actually achieve those changes by manipulating public opinion. So at a newsroom level, you've had a subconscious buy-in on a whole lot of liberal agendas..." 
|“||They just believe what they believe and they think their job is to drag the rest of the redneck morons toward the light. They don’t understand that the so-called redneck morons, the people they don’t like, are the people that grew up with values, patriotism, all those things. And they hate all those words.||”|
In creating Fox News, Ailes "forc[ed] some people to actually acknowledge that others exist in the world beside the people who went to Elaine’s back in the old days." Even then, the mainstream media continued promoting a far-left point of view – according to the Pew Research Center in January 2019, 73% of Republicans believe that the media does not understand people like them.
Examples of bias
- For examples of media bias, see Liberal bias
- Ombudsman Deborah Howell said that, "... some of the conservatives' complaints about a liberal tilt are valid. Journalism naturally draws liberals; we like to change the world. I'll bet that most Post journalists voted for Obama. I did. There are centrists at The Post as well. But the conservatives I know here feel so outnumbered that they don't even want to be quoted by name in a memo. 
- Roger Ailes: I Built Fox to Give Voice to Patriotic Average Americans Hated by Media Elites. Breitbart News. May 18, 2017. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- Harper, Jennifer (January 18, 2019). It's personal: 73% of Republicans say news media does not understand 'people like them,' study finds. The Washington Times. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- Gottfried, Jeffrey; Grieco, Elizabeth (January 18, 2019). Nearly three-quarters of Republicans say the news media don’t understand people like them. Pew Research Center. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- Hillyer, Quin (January 19, 2019). Large majority feels snubbed by media, and it's hardly a surprise. Washington Examiner. Retrieved January 19, 2019.