Flint is a working-class town in Michigan, located about an hour north of Detroit. Michael Moore is from there, and features it in many of his liberal documentary films. Reginald Kaigler also lived in Flint for a time.
The last Republican mayor of Flint was elected in 1973.
Flint Water Crisis
In 2014 the city stopped buying treated water from Detroit and began getting its municipal drinking water from the Flint River, basically a sewage and garbage dump. Residents complained that the water smelled of chemicals, that it wasn’t the right color, etc. Children’s lead levels rose dangerously high. The Democrat controlled city council knew about this, and did nothing. Democrat loyalist Michael Moore said,
|Flint has voted for Dems for 84 straight yrs. What did it get us? For 18 months Dems remained silent &ignored pleas while Flint was poisoned.|
On Jan 16, 2016 President Obama has declared a state of emergency in response to a water crisis on request of Governor Rick Snyder, Mich., when thousands of residents had been exposed to toxic amounts of lead.
In the 2020 presidential election the Vice President of the Flint City Council endorsed President Trump.
- Democrat urban issues
- Lanny James, radio and television sports personality in Louisiana, was born in Flint in 1940.
- ↑ https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/01/flint-water-scandal-democratic-pattern/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/706610361009631233
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPPCIfDN-JU
- ↑ Press Release by the Flint Water Response Team
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/huge-vp-flint-mi-city-council-endorses-trump-mr-trump-best-thing-poor-folks-obama-said-water-fine-aint-nothing-wrong-drinking-lead-video/