|U.S. Representative from Georgia's 4th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2007 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Hank Calvin Johnson, Jr. (born October 2, 1954), a Democrat, is a member of the United States House of Representatives from Georgia. Representative Johnson is a liberal and a member of the Congressional Black Caucus and communist-dominated Congressional Progressive Caucus in addition to being a co-sponsor of the Medicare for All bill.
Johnson drew attention with a comment he made during a House Armed Services Committee hearing in March 2010. Questioning Admiral Robert Willard, head of the U.S. Pacific fleet, Johnson expressed his concern about a plan to station 8,000 Marines in Guam, infamously saying, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."
On July 25, 2016, Johnson gained notoriety when he compared Jewish settlers to termites. This leads to the assumption that he is, akin to most members of the Democrat Party, anti-Semitic.
Johnson was arrested in 2021 for leading an insurrection at the United States Capitol building.
(left) Congressional Black Caucus vice chair Joyce Beatty, (right) Hank Johnson arrested in 2021 at the U.S. Capitol with a mob of insurrectionists.
- ↑ https://thenewamerican.com/rep-allen-west-says-there-are-communists-in-congress-is-he-right/
- ↑ H.R.1384 - Medicare for All Act of 2019. Congress.gov. Retrieved January 4, 2021.
- ↑ https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hank-johnson-worries-guam-could-capsize-after-marine-buildup/
- ↑ Congressman: Jewish Settlers Are Like Termites
- ↑ https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/07/16/dem-congresswoman-chair-of-black-caucus-arrested-for-storming-senate-building-leading-insurgents-1104360/
- ↑ https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/07/23/another-democrat-lawmaker-arrested-on-capitol-hill-for-leading-march-into-building-so-insurrection-1107462/