Hoffman Franklin Fuller
| Hoffman Franklin Fuller|
(Attorney and Professor at Tulane University Law School)
|Born|| February 13, 1932 |
Bossier City, Louisiana
|Died|| April 6, 2020 (aged 88) |
|Spouse|| Wynelle Tanner Fuller (died 2010)|
|Service/branch|| United States Air Force|
Hoffman Franklin Fuller (February 13, 1932 – April 6, 2020) was a professor-emeritus at his alma mater, the Tulane University Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana. He was a national authority on tax law.
Fuller was the only child of Modena P. Fuller (1900-1982) and Hoffman Lee Fuller, who was the four-term mayor of Bossier City, Louisiana, from 1937 to 1953. He was the 1950 valedictorian at Bossier High School. He then graduated first in his class from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, and Tulane Law School, from which he received his Juris Doctorate in 1956. He iwas a member of the Order of the Coif. In 2009, Fuller was inducted into the Bossier High School Hall of Fame. After college, he was an officer of the Judge Advocate General's Corps for the United States Air Force, stationed in Tennessee and Alaska.
In 1960, Fuller joined the Tulane law faculty. At the end of the 2006-2007 academic year, he retired from teaching courses in, primarily, income taxation and contracts. Since 1961, he had been chairman of the annual Tulane Tax Institute. From 1972 to 1977, he was associate dean for academic affairs at Tulane. He served on the board of the Louisiana State Bar Association. He is the co-author with Harry H. Haden of a 1967 textbook on federal taxation. Fuller researched the role of tax avoidance regarding tax laws and regulations. He was a visiting lecturer at Chuo University in Tokyo, Japan, and a visiting fellow at Fitzwilliam College of Cambridge University in England.
The Hoffman F. Fuller Associate Professor of Tax Law at Tulane is named in his honor. Fuller and his wife, the former Wynelle Tanner (1932-2010), a native of Claiborne Parish, last resided in Destrehan in Ward 3 of St. Charles Parish in suburban New Orleans.
- Hoffman Fuller. mylife.com. Retrieved on February 11, 2021.
- Hoffman Franklin Fuller. Tulane University Law School. Retrieved on February 19, 2015; no longer accessible on-line.
- Modena P. Fuller. findagrave.com. Retrieved on February 11, 2021.
- Hoffman Lee Fuller. The Shreveport Times through findagrave.com (June 21, 1983). Retrieved on February 11, 2021.
- Hall of Fame: Bossier High School honors alumni. The Forum Newsweekly magazine (October 21, 2009). Retrieved on February 19, 2015; material no longer accessible on-line.
- (1967) Federal Taxation: Text and Cases. Charlottesville, Virginia: Michie Company. Retrieved on February 11, 2021.
- Shu-Yi Oei named first Hoffman F. Fuller Associate Professor of Tax Law. Tulane University Law School (April 14, 2014). Retrieved on January 3, 2015; material no longer accessible on-line.
- Wynelle Fuller obituary. The New Orleans Times-Picayune. Retrieved on February 11, 2021.
- Hoffman Fuller obituary. dignitymemorial.com. Retrieved on February 11, 2021.