During the Obama Administration, the Internal Revenue Service discriminated against conservative organizations by making them wait for years just to gain tax-exempt status. At the same time, other groups received the same status in a very short period of time, such as a satanic group which received nonprofit status in only ten days. In 2017, the Trump Administration ended the scandal by settling with the affected organizations and apologizing, but it still declined to prosecute IRS official Lois Lerner for her major role in the scandal.
As a result of a trillion dollar stimulus filled with scheme and graft; and as a result of Obamacare being similarly schemed in backroom deals and late night votes; President Obama was “shellacked” in the November 2010 election.
The White House didn’t see the defeat a flawed policy issue; rather as the entrenched ideologues they are, they saw the SCOTUS case “Citizens United" as the principle tool used by the White House opponents to organize and fund political movements, ie. the Tea Party.The Obama Team response to the 2010 Shellacking was to use the Dept. of Justice (AG Eric Holder) to weaponize the IRS and go after groups -like Tea Party Groups- organized under the financial umbrella of 501(c)(4) donation structuring.
- IRS granted Satanic cult tax-exempt status in 10 days, report says. Fox News. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
- Ernst, Douglas (March 20, 2017). Obama’s IRS gave ‘Satan Club’ creator fast tax-exempt status. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Mason, Ian (October 26, 2017). DOJ Settles with Tea Party Groups on Lois Lerner IRS Scandal. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Tea Party Groups Settle Lawsuits Over IRS Mistreatment. Voice of America (from the Associated Press). October 26, 2017. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Singman, Brooke (October 26, 2017). Trump DOJ settles lawsuits over Tea Party targeting by Obama IRS. Fox News. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Adams, Becket (October 27, 2017). Conservatives were targeted by a weaponized IRS; all they got was this lousy apology. Washington Examiner. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Trump DOJ: No plans to charge Lois Lerner in IRS scandal. Fox News. September 8, 2017. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Dinan, Stephen (September 8, 2017). Justice Department won’t pursue charges against Lois Lerner, former IRS senior executive. The Washington Times. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Munro, Neil (September 8, 2017). Jeff Sessions’ DoJ Will Not Investigate IRS Suppression of Tea Party Groups. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 28, 2017.
- Bowden, John (September 8, 2017). GOP lawmakers furious after DOJ declines to prosecute ex-IRS official Lois Lerner. The Hill. Retrieved October 28, 2017.