|Former Governor of Oregon|
From: January 10, 2011 – February 18, 2015
|Former Governor of Oregon|
From: January 9, 1995 – January 13, 2003
|Former President of the Oregon Senate|
From: January 3, 1985 – January 3, 1993
|Former State Senator from Oregon's 23rd District|
From: January 12, 1981 – January 3, 1993
|Former State Representative from Oregon's 45th District|
From: January 1979 – January 1981
|Spouse(s)||Rosemary Linehan (div.)|
Sharon LaCroix (div.)
He served two previous terms as Governor: 1994–1998, and 1998–2002. After defeating conservative Republican state representative Dennis Richardson by a margin of 5.6 percent, Kitzhaber was sworn in for his historic fourth term on January 12, 2015. Kitzhaber defeated Republican Chris Dudley in the November 2010 election, and was sworn in as Governor in January 2011.
He worked as a physician before entering politics. Kitzhaber is a divorcee. He married Rosemary Linehan in 1971; they divorced in 1974. He then married Sharon LaCroix in 1995, and divorced her in 2003. They have one son. Kitzhaber currently lives in Portland with his girl friend-fiancé Cylvia Hayes, who was directly implicated in the scandal that forced him to resign.
Resignation Due to Corruption Scandal Related to George Soros-Funded Environmental Group
Acting Governor Kate Brown (D) was sworn in on February 13, 2015 after corrupt liberal Kitzhaber was forced to resign on February 13, 2015 due to an ethics scandal involving he and his fiancé and the George Soros-funded Energy Foundation.
The governor's "fiancé, Cylvia Hayes, was taking money as a private consultant to" George Soros-funded "environment groups and then pushing their policies in her public role as “First Lady” of the state. Most infamously, she ordered state employees to follow a policy she was being paid $25,000 by an advocacy group to promote. Apparently, some of the money also wasn't reported on tax returns."
According to the National Review, "Kitzhaber’s response to the scandal has been egregious. The Willamette Week reported that his “office last week requested state officials destroy thousands of records in the governor’s personal email accounts.” Indeed, the governor's executive assistant actually ordered all of his personal e-mail accounts to be removed from state servers. Such revelations have prompted Oregon senate president Peter Courtney and house majority leader Tina Kotek, both Democrats, to meet with Kitzhaber and urge him to resign." 
- Oregon State Archives: Governor John A. Kitzhaber's Administration - Biographical Note
- Long-time Democratic Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber announces his resignation amid ethics scandal. Town Hall, Published February 13, 2015. Accessed February 20, 2015
- Another Corrupt Democrat Governor Resigns – Oregon Governor Kitzhaber Announces His Resignation…. Published February 13, 2015. Accessed February 20, 2015
- Fund, John, "Environmental Scandal Engulfs Oregon Governor, Where Is National Media?". National Review. Published February 13, 2015. Accessed February 20, 2015.
- Meet America's First Openly Bisexual Governor. MSN. Published February 16, 2015. Accessed February 20, 2015