Facial hair grown on the upper lip. Moustaches come in a variety of different styles.
- The pencil: Ronald Coleman, David Niven, John Waters, Little Richard
- The toothbrush: Charlie Chaplin, Adolf Hitler
- The handlebar: Jimmy Edwards
- The caterpillar: Freddie Mercury, Peter Mandelson
- The Zapata: Frank Zappa, Emiliano Zapata
- New York magazine, John Waters, Filmmaker, by Amy Larocca, published Nov 19, 2006, retrieved 10/11/08  The interviewer asks Waters how long he's had his pencil moustache. Waters replies, "Since I was 19, and I’m 60 now. I was a yippie agitator, and I wanted to look like Little Richard. I dressed like a hippie pimp back then, because punk wasn’t around yet. I guess I’ve never fit in my own minority. It’s been a lifelong problem. Or, to look at it another way, it’s been a career."
- contactmusic.com, Little Richard Picture 1428891, Little Richard - The Annual 4th of July Concert 2007 - Rehearsal The West Lawn of The Capitol Washington DC, USA - 03.07.07, retrieved 10/11/08