Political correctness on college campuses
Political correctness has pervaded the campuses of colleges and universities. This trend has been especially frequent, heightened, and dangerous since the election of President Donald John Trump (see Left-wing violence in the Trump era).
Both mainstream conservative Ben Shapiro and homosexual movement conservative Milo Yiannopoulis have been prevented from speaking at college campuses. UC-Berkeley, which shut down Ann Coulter as well as Milo, has become infamous for shutting down free speech, a right which it once championed.
Classical liberal Jewish philosopher and historian Deborah Lipstadt has listed several instances of left-wing protesters shutting down pro-Israel or otherwise politically incorrect speakers at various colleges and universities, in her book Antisemitism.
The conservative activist group Turning Point USA, led by Charlie Kirk, has worked to actively oppose the leftist silencing of free speech and differing opinions at these campuses.
- ↑ https://www.dailywire.com/news/leftists-trying-shut-down-shapiro-free-speech-hank-berrien
- ↑ https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/09/27/leftists-plan-to-shut-down-ben-shapiro-speech-in-utah/
- ↑ https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/index.html
- ↑ https://www.foxnews.com/us/ann-coulter-cancels-berkeley-event-amid-protests-says-decision-a-dark-day-for-free-speech-in-america
- ↑ https://www.usnews.com/opinion/civil-wars/articles/2017-02-03/berkeley-protesters-show-free-speech-only-extends-to-liberals-on-campus
- ↑ Antisemitism by Deborah Lipstadt ISBN 9780805243376
- ↑ https://www.tpusa.com/