|Stuart P. “Stu” Scheller, Jr.|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||2005–present|
|Unit|| • 1st Battalion|
• 8th Marines
• 24th Marine
|Commands|| • H&S company|
• 3rd Battalion
• 2nd Marines
|Battles/wars|| • War in Afghanistan|
• Iraq War
|Awards|| • Bronze Star|
• Three Meritorious Service Medals
• Combat Action Ribbon
Stuart P. “Stu” Scheller, Jr. is a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Marine Corps known for his imprisonment after speaking out against the failed foreign policy of incumbent White House officeholder Joseph R. Biden. A member of the United States military since 2005, Scheller held several commands in the War in Afghanistan as well as the Iraq War, and has earned the Bronze Star, among several achievements.
Scheller was relieved of command for criticizing Biden regime defense minister Lloyd Austin and woke joint chiefs of staff Mark Milley's decision to close Bagram AFB in Afghanistan before evacuating American civilians and soldiers. Lt. Col Scheller made a public Facebook post criticizing the decisions that led to the deaths of 13 U.S. Marines and 170 other non-combatants. Scheller stated, “Because it appears to me that no general officers are willing to hold each other accountable, I am submitting charges against Gen. McKenzie for his bad assumptions – not because I’m vindictive, but because the senior leaders need to be held accountable to the same standard as us.” Scheller vowed to file the charges through his chain of command and directly to “the former Raytheon board director, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin.” He also said he would file a complaint with the Department of Defense Inspector General’s Office.
Scheller currently is held in the brig despite no charges against him. Potential charges he could face include contempt towards officials, disobedience, and "unbecoming an officer/gentleman." Members of Congress demanded his immediate release. Within days, $2 million was raised for Scheller's defense through the Pipe Hitter Foundation from 27,000 donors.
In a viral video, Scheller heavily criticized military "leaders" and asserted:
|“||I demand accountability.||”|
As a result, he faced imprisonment for speaking out against incompetence while Biden junta officials responsible for the Fall of Kabul which led to numerous deaths have yet to face sufficient accountability.
Texas conservative U.S. representative Louie Gohmert subsequently led the congressional effort urging for Scheller to be released from the brig, signing a letter along with other anti-establishment Republicans; Gohmert stated:
|“||It is tragic that such swift action has been taken against Lt. Col. Scheller for his demands for accountability from military leadership due to their disastrous and deadly handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.||”|
- McBride, Jessica (September 28, 2021). Stuart Scheller: Video Criticizing Military Leaders on Afghanistan Goes Viral. Heavy.com. Retrieved October 2, 2021.
- Vallejo, Justin (October 1, 2021). Marine jailed for attacking Afghan withdrawal hits out at Trumps: ‘Your family knows nothing about our sacrifices’. Independent. Retrieved October 2, 2021.
- Jeong, Andrew (September 29, 2021). Marine officer who criticized senior leaders on Afghanistan is now in the brig. The Washington Post. Retrieved October 2, 2021.
- Steinbuch, Yaron (September 28, 2021). Marine who blasted Afghan withdrawal being held in military lockup. New York Post. Retrieved October 2, 2021.
- Glenn, Mike (October 1, 2021). Lt. Col. Scheller to remain in the brig until next week without charges. Washington Times. Retrieved October 2, 2021.
- Webb, James R. (September 28, 2021). Marine lieutenant colonel who demanded ‘accountability’ in brig, not charged. Military Times. Retrieved October 2, 2021.