Many American textbooks are rabidly liberal and routinely distort history in order to advance a left-wing agenda. Richard Rahn wrote:
|“||Many student textbooks, particularly in Europe, and only to a lesser degree in the U.S., have a strong anti-capitalist, pro-government or socialist bias.||”|
Examples of bias. McDougal Littles "Modern World History Patterns of interaction" claims that "[Guns] are a national plague".
The American Pageant is a prominent example of a biased textbook.
- Commentary Piece from the Washington Times.
- Rock the ignorance, Washington Times Thursday, May 22, 2008
- Multiple references:
- Freiburger, Calvin (November 25, 2019). Critics warn popular U.S. public school history book full of left-wing bias, propaganda. LifeSiteNews. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Vondracek, Christopher (September 10, 2019). Liberal bias: Popular U.S. history textbook inflates Democrats to 'superhuman levels'. The Washington Times. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Chandak, Neetu (September 19, 2018). Education Organization Says Well-Known AP History Book Has Over 300 Examples Of Liberal Bias. The Daily Caller. Retrieved November 25, 2019.
- Oliver, Daniel (November 21, 2019). The Popular High School Textbook That Writes Off Conservatives. The American Conservative. Retrieved November 25, 2019.