Women under the Taliban
Women under the Taliban are extremely oppressed.
Women under the Taliban were not allowed to go outside without a burqa on  and not allowed to wear brightly colored clothing as it might be viewed as sexually attractive (according to the Taliban).
Women were forbidden to study or to be educated after the age of eight. And until the age of eight they were only permitted to study the Qur'an. There were underground schools to teach women and girls, such as the "Golden Needle Sewing School", but if caught, the teachers in the school faced execution.
Women were not allowed to work at all. The only women exempt from this were women in the health care field. The women who worked in the health care field however, worked under very deprived conditions.
Women were forbidden to go outside their homes or use public transportation without a male relative to chaperon them. Girls in a female-run orphanage (the female staff were let go) were not allowed outside for a year for recreation or play. Women were also banned from riding motorcycles and bikes, even with their male relative present. There were segregated buses to prevent men and women from riding on the same bus.
Male doctors were no longer allowed to treat women, as they previously had. Some women established informal "clinics" in their homes. There was only one hospital that women could attend.
The Taliban often forces extreme punishment on women. Some examples are:
- In October 1996 a woman had the tip of her finger cut off for wearing nail varnish.
- When the Taliban raided the house of a woman who ran an informal school, they took her children and beat them, threw the woman down a flight of stairs (which caused her to break her leg), and then imprisoned her. They also threatened to stone the poor woman to death if she did not sign a "declaration of loyalty" to the Taliban and its laws.
A pregnant woman had her eye gouged out by the Taliban after being shot eight times and knifed. She was on her way home from work alone in the city of Ghazni when she was surrounded by three Taliban fighters who proceeded to open fire on her after checking her ID. The mother said "They (the Taliban) first torture us (women) and then discard our bodies to show as specimen of punishment. Sometimes our bodies are fed to dogs. I was lucky that I survived it."
According to a female refugee in India who worked in the police force in Afghanistan, as reported by OpIndia.com, the Taliban has sex with dead bodies. The woman said in an interview, "If you go to work, you are under threat, your family is under threat. After one warning, they would stop giving any warning. They rape dead bodies too. They don’t care whether the person is dead or alive.
Rape of Afghanistan
- See also: Biden/Harris foreign policy
On July 8, 2021, Joe Biden said from the White House, "I trust the capacity of the Afghan military, who is better trained, better equipped, and more competent in terms of conducting war." CNN reported that on July 12, 2021 the Taliban knocked on the door of a mother of four in a small village in northern Afghanistan. They were demanding food. The mother told them, "I am poor, how can I cook for you?" The Taliban beat her to death. Less than a month later, White House chief propagandists Jen Psaki said "The Taliban has to make an assessment about what they want their role to be in the international community." Her comments came as reports flowed in of Taliban fighters going door-to-door and forcibly selecting girls as young as 12 to reward as brides for the victorious jihadis.
In Takhar province, the Taliban shot and killed a woman when she went out in public without a burqa.
Taliban commanders, after capturing some of the provincial capitals, ordered local Imams to bring the lists of unmarried women aged from 12 to 45 for their soldiers to marry as they view them as ‘qhanimat’ or ‘spoils of war’. The Taliban intends to “distribute ” these kids and women among themselves as Jihadists consider them as a ‘prize’.
The Taliban went door-to-door taking women and children. In Panjshir Province the Taliban took 20 children hostage. The fathers of the children were given 4 hours to surrender or the children would be killed.
The people must mark their house with an “X” if they have a girl over 12 years old, so that the Taliban can take them. If they find a young girl and the house was not marked they will execute the entire family. If a married woman 25 years or older was found, the Taliban promptly kill her husband, do whatever they want to her, and then sell her as a sex slave.
Afghanistan's first female mayor said she was waiting for militants to come and kill her. "I’m sitting here waiting for them to come. There is no one to help me or my family. I’m just sitting with them and my husband. And they will come for people like me and kill me. I can’t leave my family." Female journalists feared for their lives and many have been "taken off air" as the Taliban's reign of terror began. An Afghan woman told BBC Women's Hour: "I received an update from Kabul where they are going house to house searching for women who were activists, women who were bloggers, YouTubers, any women who had a role in the development of civil society in Afghanistan."
Panic ensued as the Kabul airport was flooded with people fleeing the Taliban terror. Some people were stampeded to death. At the airport, “in desperate scenes, babies were passed to U.S. soldiers in the hope of giving them a life outside the country,” The Guardian reported. UK Independent journalist Kim Sengupta saw four women crushed to death in the space of about an hour, in the crush as Afghans scrambled to leave the Taliban-controlled country. A heartbroken mother found her 2-year-old daughter trampled to death. Biden told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos "no one's being killed right now." On August 26, 2021, two suicide bombs went off outside the Kabul airport, killing about 60 people including 12 American soldiers and injuring more than 100. One was a car bomb about 200 yards away, outside the Baron hotel, which was a staging area for evacuees from the airport. ISIS-K claimed responsibility. An Italian C-130 also came under fire as it departed the airport. A translator for the U.S. Marine Corps spoke with Fox News and gave a first-hand account of what he witnessed after the suicide attack.His 5-year-old girl died in his hands.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Living Islam
- ↑ Synovitz, Ron. "Afghanistan: Author Awaits Happy Ending To 'Sewing Circles Of Herat'", Radio Free Europe, March 31, 2004.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Latifa My forbidden face: Growing up under the Taliban. UK: Virago Press pp29-107.
- ↑ https://www.news18.com/amp/news/world/they-kill-us-feed-us-to-dogs-afghan-woman-who-was-shot-eyes-gouged-out-says-worst-fears-have-come-true-4091087.html?__twitter_impression=true
- ↑ https://archive.is/7O4Wk#selection-3899.8-3899.32
- ↑ https://youtu.be/XlWHS7fKzD8
- ↑ https://freebeacon.com/national-security/bidens-afghanistan-predictions-were-all-wrong/
- ↑ https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/asia/afghanistan-women-taliban-intl-hnk-dst/index.html
- ↑ https://www.wsj.com/articles/afghans-tell-of-executions-forced-marriages-in-taliban-held-areas-11628780820
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2021/08/17/taliban-kill-woman-not-wearing-burqa-after-vowing-to-honor-womens-rights/
- ↑ https://www.opindia.com/2021/08/atrocities-on-civilians-increase-as-taliban-blitz-takes-over-afghanistan/amp/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/w1ndegq2MQI
- ↑ https://www.dailywire.com/news/taliban-going-door-to-door-seeking-christians-searching-through-phones-for-bible-apps-report
- ↑ https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/afghanistans-first-woman-mayor-flees-country-footwell-car-bag-head-taliban-came-video/
- ↑ https://inews.co.uk/news/world/afghanistans-first-female-mayor-waiting-taliban-come-kill-her-1152127
- ↑ https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15894474/woman-eye-gouged-taliban/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/BBCWomansHour/status/1427287851016798213
- ↑ https://www.the-sun.com/news/3479109/taliban-jalalabad-afghanistan-kabul-uk-troops-2-2/
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2021/aug/19/children-passed-over-the-walls-of-kabul-airport-amid-evacuation-chaos-video
- ↑ https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/matt-frei/women-at-kabul-airport-crushed-fleeing-taliban/
- ↑ https://nypost.com/2021/08/22/fatal-stampede-outside-kabul-airport-takes-place-as-people-attempt-to-flee/
- ↑ https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/08/26/biden-last-week-nobody-is-being-killed-n2594798
- ↑ https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2021/0826/Islamic-State-says-it-was-behind-suicide-attacks-at-Kabul-airport
- ↑ https://therightscoop.com/breaking-c-130-comes-under-fire-as-it-leaves-kabul-airport-also-reports-of-explosion-outside-airport-gate/
- ↑ https://100percentfedup.com/breaking-baby-girl-died-right-in-my-hands-witness-of-afghan-explosion-tells-what-he-saw-after-suicide-bomb-at-the-airport/