How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It
'How to Survive The End of the World As We Know It - Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times' is one of the original popular preparedness books to reach a broader audience.
James Wesley Rawles wrote the book based on his military experience.
Table of Contents
The 336 pages of this detail reference book include the following main topics:
1. The Survival mind-set for living in uncertain time
2. Priorities: Your list of lists
3. The survival retreat
5. The deep larder: Your family's food storage
6. Fuel and home power
8. Medical supplies and training
9. Communications and monitoring
10. Home security and self-defense
11. Firearms for self-sufficiency and self-defense
12. G.O.O.D. vehicles and the dreaded trip outta Dodge
13. Investing, barter, and home-based businesses
14. It comes down to you: YOYO - "You're on your own"
Appendix A: Preparedness Glossary
Appendix B: Preparedness and other recommended books and online preparedness resources
Appendix C: Protecting your family from an influenza pandemic
James Wesley Rawles (born 1960) is a non-fiction author, survivalist fiction author, economist, blogger, and Survivalist retreat consultant. He has appeared many times on the Alex Jones show InfoWars Nightly News. He has been called an expert on survival and preparedness topics. Rawles is a Christian who is a conservative, constitutionalist libertarian.
The Survival Blog
Rawles is the editor of The Survival Blog, a very widely-read and cited blog on survival and preparedness topics. According to its statistics page, it has more than 220,000 unique visitors per week.,
Rawles, James Wesley, How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It - Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times', New York: Plume/Penguin Books, 2009. Released September 30, 2009, 336 pages, ISBN 0452295831, ISBN 978-0452295834, Audible.com Audio book, Amazon.com Paperback.
Bibliography - Further Reading
- Party, Boston T., Boston's Gun Bible. Wyoming Javelin Press, 2009 revision to 2002 edition, 848 pages, ISBN 1888766069, ISBN 978-1888766066.
- Rawles, James Wesley, Tools for Survival: What You Need to Survive When You’re on Your Own. New York: Plume/Penguin Books, 2015. Released December 30, 2014, 368 pages, ISBN 0452298121, ISBN 978-0452298125.
- Tappan, Mel, Survival Guns. Boulder, Colorado: Paladin Press, Released November 1, 2009. 480 pages. ISBN 1581607199, ISBN 978-1581607192.
- Rawles, James Wesley, "Survival Gun Selection". Idaho: The Survival Blog, No publishing date listed.
- ↑ Second Great Depression just weeks away, warns expert by Derek Clontz
- ↑ William, Alex, "New Survivalism isn't just for eccentrics". New York Times, Published April 13, 2008
- ↑ SurvivalBlog Staff Biographies
- ↑ Technorato Rankings
- ↑ SurvivalBlog home page
- ↑ Statistics for Survivalblog.com, Online logs from The Survival Blog