National Renewal (Renovación Nacional in spanish) is a Chilean political party founded in 1987. Originally it was right-wing and supportive of Augusto Pinochet in the 1988 National Plebiscite, however today the party is a mixture of a center-right, a centrist majority (arguably socialdemocracts) and few Pinochetists like Camila Flores, the Evangelical Eduardo Durán and the José Antonio Kast supporter Cristóbal Urruticoechea who is also member of the Republican Action Movement.
Today the party is member of the Centrist Democrat International.
The current President of the party, Mario Desbordes, is in favor of the Gender ideology, open borders and to incorporate immigrants to the Chilean Politics calling them "New Chileans", something that the Santiago mayor is also promoting.  Mario Desbordes also has a close relation to the Christian Democrat party leader.
The party supports the Haitian immigrant trafficker, Pierre Richard (that is linked to the law infringer LAW airline), as candidate for councilor.
The party is currently in the oficialist coalition called Chile Vamos which supports President Sebastián Piñera.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 RN: el partido de centro (es). La Tercera (March 9 2018).
- ↑ RN busca conseguir el voto migrante a través de plan "Nuevos Chilenos" (es). Radio Agricultura (November 12 2018).
- ↑ RN apuesta al voto inmigrante y crea instancia liderada por alcalde Felipe Alessandri (es). La Tercera (November 12 2018).
- ↑ Otro flanco para Chahin: relación de la DC con RN genera molestia al interior del partido (es). La Tercera (June 17 2019).
- ↑ Candidato a concejal haitiano está vinculado a LAW, aerolínea acusada de tráfico de inmigrantes (es). El Desconcierto (April 16 2019).