Procrastination is the avoidance/delaying of accomplishing a task which has to be accomplished.
- Self-awareness as far as habits and thoughts that lead to procrastinating.
- Avoid perfectionism
- Conquer self-defeating problems such as fear, difficulty in concentrating, poor time management and indecisiveness.
- Set priorities
- Goal setting including the setting of deadlines
- Structure activities of daily life to develop positive habits
- Create an environment which eliminates/reduces distractions
- Increase self-discipline
- Break down projects into smaller tasks
- Track your performance in terms of timely attainment of goals
- How to Stop Procrastinating: Top Tricks - Reader's Digest
- We're Sorry This Is Late ... We Really Meant To Post It Sooner: Research Into Procrastination Shows Surprising Findings; Gregory Harris; ScienceDaily.com; Jan. 10, 2007
- Why We Procrastinate And How To Stop; ScienceDaily.com; Jan. 12, 2009