Racism and the Democratic Party
Contrary to what uninformed liberals believe, the Ku Klux Klan was an outgrowth of the Democrat Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is a member of the ACLU, but every member of the ACLU is a Democrat. The same is true with the Klan.
After the war, Democrat legislatures enacted "Black Codes", denying black Americans the rights of citizenship — such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms — while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan.
Even to this day, the KKK (as do similar racist groups and movements such as Black Lives Matter and La Raza) are supportive of the Democrats. During the 2016 United States presidential election, the KKK supported Hillary Clinton for President, whose mentor, the late Democrat senator Robert Byrd, was a longtime KKK member. This came after the Klan attempted, in possible collusion with the Democrats, to discredit Donald Trump and his campaign by publicly pretending to "support" him (and in so doing, fabricated a false link between the KKK and the Republicans and falsely labeled the GOP as the "racist" party, as the Democrats have done since 1964). This backfired when Trump in particular, and the GOP in general, who have always opposed the KKK and despise what they stand for, rejected the Klan's "endorsement"; thus, the historic Democrat-KKK link, which has long been common knowledge, was brought to light.
Thomas Sowell wrote:
- "Racism" is the trump card in the indictment of Republicans. But the cold fact is that the whole Jim Crow era in the South was dominated by Democrats.
Examples of Democrat racism
- In the wake of the rioting in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12, 2017, Wes Bellamy, the Democrat vice-mayor of Charlottesville under mayor Mike Signer and a local educator, was forced to resign his post in the Virginia Board of Education after he was exposed as a racist via his social media comments, which exposed his racist and sexist views.
- Despite pushing to take down Confederate statues, left-wing activists did not voice any objections to the numerous monuments named after racist Democrat leaders, such as Andrew Johnson, Woodrow Wilson, Lyndon Johnson, and Robert Byrd.
(Please add to the list)
- Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President at U.S. News & World Report
- Pianin, Eric. A Senator's Shame: Byrd, in His New Book, Again Confronts Early Ties to KKK. Washington Post, 2005-06-19, pp. A01
- The Democrat Race Lie at Black & Right
- The Ugly History of Democratic Suppression of Blacks at WND
- Charlottesville Democrat Resigns As His Racist Messages LEAK at the Conservative Daily Post
- House, Amanda (August 16, 2017). Safe-Space History: Left-Wing Activists, Complacent Governments Destroy Confederate Monuments Across Nation. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- Hawkins, Awr (August 16, 2017). Twelve Memorials that Must Be Removed if Democrats Are Serious About Erasing Racism. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- Riehl, Dan (August 16, 2017). D’Souza: Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson ‘a Pretty Good Candidate to Have His Statue Pulled Down’. Breitbart News. Retrieved August 16, 2017.