Elmer Stewart Rhodes is the founder and main spokesman of Oath Keepers.
According to his website, he is an "Ex-paratrooper, disabled vet, ex-firearms instructor, former Ron Paul staffer, Yale Law grad/Research Scholar, Montana American Redoubt lawyer and president and founder of Oath Keepers. Stewart has written for Gerry Spence's The Warrior, the Enemy at the Gate column for S.W.A.T. Magazine, and is writing a book on the dangers of applying the laws of war to the American people in the "War on Terror".
Oath Keepers' mission is to be veteran "Guardians of the Republic". They are a non-partisan organization of civil servants and veterans, any American who has taken an oath. Open membership to all, Citizen Associate Member, as long as you take an oath to defend the Constitution. The group is founded by and run by Stewart Rhodes, formerly a U.S. Army paratrooper.
Their motto, "Not on our Watch."
|“||To support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God."||”|
Arrest for Seditious Conspiracy
Rhodes was arrested and charged on January 6, 2022, with seditious conspiracy in the January 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol.  He appeared in United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas, in Plano on January 14, 2022 and pleaded not guilty to the charges in the indictment.  The government asked for Rhodes to be held without bail and will remain in custody pending a detention hearing scheduled for January 20, 2022.  On January 26, 2022, U.S. Magistrate Judge Kimberly C. Priest Johnson ordered Stewart Rhodes to remain jailed Wednesday pending trial on a charge of seditious conspiracy, citing testimony of his long advocacy of using force against the federal government, military training, familiarity with encrypted communications, and organizing of fighters and weapons leading up to the Capitol breach. 
After considering an appeal by Rhodes for pre-trial release, U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta, denied Rhodes’s renewed request for bond pending trial on February 18, 2022. Judge Mehta called his case the most serious brought against nearly 750 federal defendants charged in connection with the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. 
U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol Testimony
Rhodes spent six hours talking to the House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack on February 2, 2022. According to his attorneys, Rhodes told lawmakers about his upbringing, schooling, military career and his work in founding and leading the Oath Keepers through the fall of 2020. Stewart invoked his 5th Amendment rights when lawmakers asked about late 2020 through 2022. 
- Oath for federal officials
- Oath for federal judges
- Oath Keepers - Support and defend the unalienable rights of America
- Fourth Amendment
- Gun control
- Official website
- Stewart Rhodes Personal Blog
- Stewart Rhodes: #sheepdog vs #sheepdog Speech at the Lamp of Liberty National Press Club
- YouTube channel page
- Facebook page
- Twitter page
- "This is Stewart's personal blog and does not necessarily represent the official stance of Oath Keepers" http://stewart-rhodes.blogspot.com Accessed December 26, 2014
- The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) held a press conference at the National Press Club, in Washington DC, on September 17th, 2014, the 227th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution. CSPOA is a national organization of Sheriffs, police officers, and elected officials, as well as private citizens, whose mission is to equip sheriffs, peace officers and public officials with the necessary information and public support to carry out their duties in accordance with their Oaths of Office. The morning press conference was conducted in conjunction with a presentation of the CSPOA Resolution to all five hundred thirty-five members of Congress. The Resolution concerns the dangerous overreach of rogue individuals within the Federal Government in the lives of Americans, which is increasingly outside the limits of their authority under our Constitution. This event, which was by invitation only, is one of a series of gatherings under the banner of “Lighting the Lamp of Liberty”. Speakers that morning included Congressman Steve Stockman (R-TX); Larry Pratt, President of Gun Owners of America; several constitutional attorneys and scholars; as well as Sheriff David A. Clark Jr., of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. Clarke who has received national acclaim for supporting the citizens’ right to keep and bear arms, was the CSPOA Sheriff of the Year in 2013. He recently won reelection in spite of a well-funded campaign against him by anti-gun liberal activist Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York City. Topics covered include illegal immigration, the crucial role of the county sheriff, property rights, constitutional checks and balances, and more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-WMHV9A80g Accessed December 26, 2014