Caste is a social rank in Indian culture. Brahmins are priests and scholars, Kshatriya are warriors and nobles, Vaishya are merchants and farmers, and Shudra are artisans. Good karma enables one to improve his caste in the next life (see reincarnation).
- Brahmins—priests and scholars
- Kshatriya -- warriors and nobles
- Vaishya -- merchants and farmers
- Shudra—artisans and those of the serf class.
- Untouchables—the lowest social class
- Social class and Economic class
- Upward mobility
- Aristocracy or Nobility
- Bourgeoisie - some say White collar
- Working class - or laboring class - some say Blue collar
- Working class values - American values - Real America
- The poor - peasant class
- Welfare state and Class warfare