A "social class" consists of individuals who are grouped together based on economic or political proportions. The caste system of India is an example of a system based around social class, with the 'untouchables' at the bottom.
- Social class and Economic class
- Upward mobility
- Aristocracy or Nobility
- Bourgeoisie - some say White collar
- Working class - or laboring class - some say Blue collar
- Working class values - American values - Real America
- The Poverty of the Poor - peasant or serf class or shudra and untouchables caste
- Welfare state and Class warfare
- Caste system
- Brahmins—priests and scholars
- Kshatriya -- warriors and nobles
- Vaishya -- merchants and farmers
- Shudra—artisans and those of the serf class.
- Untouchables—the lowest social class