|Former Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota|
From: January 2, 2018 – January 7, 2019
|12th President of the Minnesota Senate|
From: January 3, 2017 – May 25, 2018
|10th President of the Minnesota Senate|
From: January 4, 2011 – January 7, 2013
|Former State Senator from Minnesota's 13th District|
From: 2013 – May 25, 2018
|Former State Senator from Minnesota's 14th District|
From: February 12, 1996 – 2013
Michelle Louise Helene Fischbach (born November 3, 1965, age 55) is an attorney and pro-life conservative Republican politician from Minnesota who briefly served as the lieutenant governor of the state following the appointment of the then-incumbent officeholder of the position, Tina Smith, to serve in the United States Senate following the resignation of the disgraced sexual predator Al Franken. Prior to becoming the Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota, Fischbach was a state senator from Minnesota's 13th district and the President of the Minnesota Senate, thus being first in line of succession to becoming the lieutenant governor under state law.
Fischbach voted against a statewide omnibus tax bill in April 2006.
Fischbach voted in May 2007 against a gas and transportation funding tax.
2020 U.S. House election in Minnesota's 7th district
It was announced on September 2, 2019 that Fischbach was officially running for United States House of Representatives to challenge incumbent moderate DINO Collin Peterson for the latter's long-held seat in a conservative district. Her bid is endorsed by President Donald Trump, movement conservative Michele Bachmann, and the NRLC.
Fischbach won her party's primary election to face Peterson in the general election.
- Yvette Herrell, running for New Mexico's 2nd district
- Nancy Mace, running for South Carolina's 1st district
- Pro-Life Leader Michelle Fischbach Replaces Former Planned Parenthood VP as Minnesota Lt. Governor
- SF 3131 - Omnibus Tax Bill - Minnesota Key Vote
- HF 946 - Transportation Funding and Gas Tax - Minnesota Key Vote
- - Ban on State Funds for Abortions - Minnesota Key Vote
- SF 97 - Legalizing Medical Marijuana - Minnesota Key Vote
- SF 1308 - Prohibiting Same-Sex Marriage - Minnesota Key Vote
- HF 2091 - Increases the Minimum Wage - Minnesota Key Vote
- HF 4385 - Amends Tax Law - Minnesota Key Vote
- Two references:
- President Trump Endorses Michelle Fischbach in Minnesota’s 7th Congressional District Race
- Bachmann endorses Michelle Fischbach
- National Right to Life Endorses Michelle Fischbach for Minnesota’s 7th Congressional District
- Rep. Peterson will face Michelle Fischbach in November race for Congressional District 7