PewDiePie, real name Felix Kjellberg, is a popular YouTuber from Sweden who mainly creates videos focused on gaming and memes. He has over 100 million subscribers.
He has been slandered and censored by neocons and the left several times over the course of his career. For example, the neoconservative Wall Street Journal published a video calling him an anti-Semite. When he accidentally used the N-word during a livestream, a media firestorm ensued. The Wikipedia article regarding his feud with Indian music company T-Series implies that he is racist, bigoted, and xenophobic, or acted that way toward the corporation. He was accused of being transphobic for "misgendering" a Dr. Phil guest.
The libertarian animated series South Park included PewDiePie in a two-part episode, and he has created Let's Play series for each South Park video game.
Under his video celebrating his acquirement of 100 million subscribers, commenters insisted that top comments were being deleted by the Anti-Defamation League. In that video, he mentions the fact that he had planned to donate $50,000 to the ADL, an organization which had previously maligned him; however, he explained in a subsequent video that, due to major events occurring in his life, he did not have sufficient time to properly consider which charity he would like to donate to, and was advised to donate to the ADL, which he then decided against.
PewDiePie has criticized both YouTube and Twitter, deleting his Twitter account.
He has promoted members of the Alternative Influence Network on numerous occasions. In November 2018, he hosted conservative editor-in-chief of The Daily Wire Ben Shapiro for a "Bonus Meme Review," and was patronizingly reprimanded by elitists in the media and on Twitter for doing so. In December 2018, he praised severely politically incorrect YouTuber "E;R" for his video essays, and was attacked by a virtue-signalling leftist mob who alleged that the latter was an anti-Semite, among other things. In October 2019, he left multiple comments in the livestream of libertarian YouTuber "The Quartering," and was subsequently smeared for doing so by the mainstream media and social justice warriors. He has also defended comedian Steven Crowder.
He is an atheist, and once asserted that Jordan Peterson is too "religious."
He was banned in the People's Republic of China by their communist government in October 2019 for reviewing memes related to the situation in Hong Kong. He has been accused of insulting his fans in Malaysia and Singapore for expressing his discomfort regarding their excitability.
Due to popular demand, PewDiePie created substitute YouTube Rewinds for both 2018 and 2019 due to the perceived inadequacy of the originals.
At the end of 2019, the mainstream media created and spread a false rumour that PewDiePie was "quitting YouTube" when he announced that he would be "taking a break" in early 2020. After returning from his month-long break, the media immediately attacked him for reviewing memes about the Chinese coronavirus.
Within hours of PewDiePie self-censoring and re-publishing a video, Looper published an article listing off every smear against the YouTuber since his career gained international publicity.
PewDiePie is vehemently pro-mask. However, he has also teased that COVID-19 may be a Chinese bioweapon created in a Wuhan laboratory.
In February 2021, PewDiePie uploaded a satirical "disstrack" video against Cocomelon, an American company which posts musical nursery rhymes for children on YouTube, and which had been approaching PewDiePie in its number of subscribers for months prior. Although some have criticized the company for allowing parents to abdicate responsibility for their children by surrendering them to the "hypnotic effect" of Cocomelon's videos, which cause them to become docile, Kjellberg had repeatedly and routinely clarified that his "feud" with Cocomelon was just "a joke." The disstrack, titled "Coco," garnered around 10 million views before the video was removed by YouTube a few days later for allegedly "violating YouTube's policy on harassment and bullying." YouTube issued a statement on Twitter accusing Kjellberg of violating two of YouTube's policies: "1) Child safety: by looking like it was made for kids but containing inappropriate content (incl[uding] violence) 2) Harassment: we allow criticism & also diss tracks in some cases, but [with] both policies in mind, this video crossed the line." YouTube also stated that any re-uploads of the video, or any videos themselves containing clips from the video (still images excluded), would be immediately removed. YouTube followed through on the latter announcement. Mainstream media coverage was skewed against PewDiePie, but others gave him fair treatment. The video is still available on BitChute. The song additionally criticizes rapper "Tekashi 6ix9ine" and Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. 6ix9ine is an alleged pedophile, and Rowling is a pro-homosexual social justice warrior who once accused PewDiePie of "fascism" on Twitter.
As of 2022, he has been surpassed by American YouTuber MrBeast for most subscribers. 
- Essay:If Representation Is So Important, Where's The Representation For PewDiePie Subscribers?
- Cancel culture
- https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie --- YouTube channel. PewDiePie is the first individual YouTuber to gain over 100 million subscribers.
- https://pew.news --- Pew News. Launched in February 2018. (Defunct)
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFY7mGkmFxo
- ↑ https://variety.com/2017/digital/news/youtubes-pewdiepie-apologizes-for-using-the-n-word-im-just-an-idiot-1202555309/
- ↑ https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/9/11/16288826/pewdiepie-n-word-playerunknown-battlegrounds
- ↑ https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2017/09/12/there-are-no-excuses-for-it-pewdiepie-apologizes-for-saying-the-n-word-in-a-youtube-livestream/?noredirect=on
- ↑ https://www.businessinsider.com/why-pewdiepie-accidentally-using-n-word-matters-2017-9
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/11/pewdiepie-youtube-racist-developer-campo-santo-backlash-felix-kjellberg
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/11/pewdiepie-racism-youtube-games-industry
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PewDiePie_vs_T-Series
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icdDPuiNwGE
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4XifO5eWIo
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yP35-V042c&list=PLYH8WvNV1YEmylTFsGz3CbQ0aSKYU0TEf
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU2Vi1rBDuQ&list=PLYH8WvNV1YElC-B0WN5R-EpN12dhWnFtQ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYlesHOaPkY&lc=UgwK-oozrtI1EDIEPSV4AaABAg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbfX3ZyHLJg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-4eMdBejk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n_cPIhag28
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBDNbpWSUx8&t=492s
- ↑ https://ganker.com/pewdiepie-ben-shapiro-meme-review/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/EsemicolonR/status/1071860268412661760
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph8M_8sVOEA
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1180681076500504576
- ↑ https://www.deviantart.com/crescendodragon/journal/PewDiePie-Slandered-for-Watching-TheQuartering-816042025
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_qiYc133U&t=1080s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HehfOtRbUk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gvxaYH6sO0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By_Cn5ixYLg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diT6jc9flkc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoFSqtrivFs
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyNLo9gQEA0
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ntCdMggj0&lc=UgxfJfyWXxugNKV-EtN4AaABAg
- ↑ https://www.looper.com/191519/the-shady-side-of-pewdiepie/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55LjpWJuCA&t=427s
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXQcs-iScA&t=535s
- ↑ https://www.distractify.com/p/cocomelon-diss-track
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DHuHkwaWWs
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1362572883793309698
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1362573082523619329
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/PewdiepieSubmissions/comments/lnyzmj/i_ended_up_liking_most_of_the_coco_reuploads_just/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/HeavenlysMommie/status/1362558330015678465
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1362602712672710656
- ↑ https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/18/22290549/pewdiepie-cocomelon-youtube-video-removal-child-safety-cyberbullying-tseries-diss-track
- ↑ https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/youtube-yanks-pewdiepie-video-that-attacked-top-kids-channel/ar-BB1dOhAV
- ↑ https://www.businessinsider.in/entertainment/news/pewdiepies-lyrics-targeting-cocomelon-and-jk-rowling-that-may-have-gotten-youtube-angry-enough-to-pull-the-video-down/articleshow/81102941.cms
- ↑ https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/youtube-fire-removing-pewdiepie-s-cocomelon-diss-track-violation-child-safety-cyberbullying-rules
- ↑ https://reclaimthenet.org/youtube-deletes-pewdiepie-video/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHGvGFU0CY&feature=youtu.be
- ↑ https://www.bitchute.com/video/9DHuHkwaWWs/
- ↑ https://people.com/music/tekashi-6ix9ine-sentenced-to-4-years-probation-child-sex-case/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/831514821174648833
- ↑ https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna56829