|安倍 晋三 (Abe Shinzo)|
|Prime Minister of Japan|
From: December 26, 2012 - September 16, 2020
|Prime Minister of Japan|
From: September 26, 2006 – September 26, 2007
|Party||Liberal Democratic Party|
|Religion||Shinto and Buddhist|
Abe Shinzo (born 安倍 晋三, September 21, 1954 - July 8, 2022) was the Prime Minister of Japan, and was the president of the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan. The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan differs vastly from the Democratic Party of the United States. In Japan, liberalism adheres to the understanding of liberal and democratic values as outlined in Jeffersonian Democracy, and are thus closer to libertarian values.
Abe was known for his conservative views on a number of issues, and his numerous libertarian actions. Abe also promoted nationalist policies as prime minister, and supported low immigration levels. A nationalist, Abe and his cabinet took an unapologetic stance toward their country and its history. He supported a strong defense policy.
Abe was assassinated on July 8, 2022 by Yamagami Tetsuya, a 40-year-old unsatisfied with him; the gunman was arrested at the scene by local police and taken into custody. Subsequent to Abe's assassination, the Gateway Pundit reported on suspicious activity on Twitter that hinted that China's Communist regime may have been behind the assassination; in fact, the regime in Peking had openly threatened Abe, a staunch anti-Communist and vocal opponent of the regime, with death some time before the assassination occurred, making the threat in response to Abe's excoriation of Peking over Taiwan. Following reports of Abe's death, leftist social media users in China gleefully celebrated his assassination while calling his assassin a "hero". President Donald Trump responded to Abe's assassination on his Truth Social account, calling him "...a true friend of mine, and much more importantly, America", while White House usurper Joe Biden, who did not respond until 12 hours after the shooting while Trump and other world leaders had quickly responded with their own statements, released a rambling word salad statement about Abe's assassination which he used as his excuse to continue imposing gun control in the United States, for which Biden was criticized on social media for politicizing the incident and making it about gun violence and gun control. Liberal media outlet CBS smeared Abe in its report on his assassination, calling him a "right-wing nationalist" and a "polarizing figure" and calling his statements "controversial". Particularly, Anti-American, neo-Marxist and "woke" NPR firstly called him a "divisive arch-conservative" (in a decade-long predominantly and openly conservative and nationalist country? And the label "arch-conservative" is even a thing that means something at all?), then almost immediately edited and changed it to "ultra-nationalist" (???) in their disrespectful and defaming article and Twitter and Instagram post.
- Abe: Nationalist blueblood at home, shrewd diplomat abroad. Breitbart News. October 22, 2017. Retrieved October 22, 2017.
- Williams, Thomas D. (November 29, 2017). Japan Confirms its Policy of Minimal Immigration to Defend Culture, Jobs. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 29, 2017.
- Sieg, Linda (August 8, 2019). Japan, led by less apologetic generation, stays tough in South Korea feud. Reuters. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- Multiple references:
- Sieg, Linda (November 12, 2019). Abe's mission unaccomplished: pushing to revise Japan's pacifist charter. Reuters. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Kelly, Tim (December 19, 2019). Japan government approves eighth straight defense spending hike to record high. Reuters. Retrieved December 19, 2019.
- Tetsushi Kajimoto (December 19, 2019). Japan cabinet approves record $939 billion budget spending plan for fiscal year 2020/21. Reuters. Retrieved December 20, 2019.
- Sieg, Linda (November 19, 2019). Japan's Abe becomes longest serving PM as scandal allegations persist. Reuters. Retrieved November 19, 2019.
- Yamaguchi, Mari (November 20, 2019). Abe becomes Japan’s longest-serving prime minister. The Washington Times (from the Associated Press). Retrieved November 20, 2019.
- DEAD!! Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Assassinated in Nara, Japan During Speech — 40-Year-Old Suspect Arrested at the Scene at the Gateway Pundit
- REVEALED: Chatter on Chinese Twitter on Shinzo Abe and “Completing the Task” Was Posted 17 Hours Before His Assassination at the Gateway Pundit
- Social Media Users In China Are Celebrating Assassination Of Japan’s Former PM
- “He Was a True Friend of Mine, and Much More Importantly, America” – President Trump Responds to Horrific News of Former PM Abe’s Assassination at the Gateway Pundit
- Biden Releases Tone Def Statement on Shinzo Abe Assassination
- CBS ‘Mornings’ Remembers ‘Polarizing Figure’ Shinzo Abe After Death — ‘He Was a Right-Wing Nationalist’ at Breitbart News Network