Atheism and homosexuality
The conservative journalist Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth wrote: "Anyone who has researched the subject of homosexuality knows that many of the most staunch advocates of homosexuality are those who hold a decidedly secular outlook." At the same time, atheistic communist regimes in history historically have often taken a negative view of homosexuality and within Western World atheism, there is a segment of that atheist population which takes a negative view of homosexuality. See: Atheism and the persecution of homosexuals.
The Barna Group found regarding atheism and morality that those who hold to the worldviews of atheism or agnosticism in America were more likely, than theists in America, to look upon the following behaviors as morally acceptable: illegal drug use; excessive drinking; sexual relationships outside of marriage; abortion; cohabitating with someone of opposite sex outside of marriage; obscene language; gambling; pornography and obscene sexual behavior; and engaging in homosexuality/bisexuality. Given the many diseases associated with homosexuality, the biblical prohibition against homosexuality is quite arguably one of the many examples where the Bible exhibited knowledge that was ahead of its time.
Evolutionary paradigm and homosexuality
In 1993, Professor Miron Baron, M.D., the renowned medical researcher and Professor at Columbia University, wrote in BMJ (British Medical Journal) "...from an evolutionary perspective, genetically determined homosexuality would have become extinct long ago because of reduced reproduction." Richard Dawkins, who is a liberal, speculates that a "gay gene" causes homosexuality, but science has not discovered such a gene (see: Causes of homosexuality)
In the United States, liberals are more likely to believe in the theory of evolution. Also, in the United States, twice as many liberals as conservatives (46% versus 22%) believe people are born homosexual and liberals generally have more favorable opinions about homosexuality. Given Dr. Miron Baron's commentary about homosexuality, many American liberals are inconsistent on the issues of evolution and homosexuality.
An individual's beliefs regarding creation science/creationism and the theory of evolution appear to influence their views on homosexuality. Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction. Creation Ministries International states: "Homosexual acts go against God’s original design of a man and a woman becoming one flesh — see Genesis 1 and 2, endorsed by Jesus Himself in Matthew 19:3–6." In addition, the vast majority of creation scientists reject the notion of genetic determinism concerning the origin of homosexuality.
Atheism, homosexuality and bestiality
Bestiality is the act of engaging in sexual relations with an animal.
On Jun 04, 2008, LifeSiteNews wrote:
|“|| Long-time homosexual activist Frank Kameny’s claim to fame is successfully manipulating the American Psychiatric Association into declassifying homosexuality as a mental disorder, and today the Smithsonian honoree is now busily advocating bestiality "as long as the animal doesn’t mind."
Kameny, 83, has had a long career advocating the removal of any restrictions on human acts long considered by sane societies as obscene, dangerous, and disordered...
Kameny describes his mission as "Americanism in action" by advocating bestiality and encouraging the saturation of American culture with what he calls "more and better and harder-core pornography."
According to Americans for Truth about Homosexuality (AFTAH), Kameny wrote an e-mail to them saying that while he was personally opposed to bestiality, he found it an otherwise "harmless" quirk, so long as it was consensual with the animal involved.
"Bestiality is not my thing," Kameny wrote. "But it seems to be a harmless foible or idiosyncrasy of some people. So, as long as the animal doesn’t mind (and the animal rarely does), I don’t mind, and I don’t see why anyone else should."
For more information please see:
Biblical statements concerning atheism
Accordingly, the psalmist David declared:
The psalmist David also wrote "The heavens declare the glory of God..." - Psalms 19:1
In his letter to the Romans the Apostle Paul declared:
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse..." - Romans 1:19-20 (NKJV)
Biblical Statements Concerning Homosexuality
Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality: However, the bible cannot be interpreted literally, if this was the case then rebellious children would be killed: Deuteronomy 21:18-21. Also, Women may not speak in church: Cor 14:33-36. The bible is not a collection of dogmatic and strict rules, it is a book of God that promotes compassion, faith in God, truth, and love.
- Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
- Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
- Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
- I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV) - Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
- I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB) - "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Atheism, homosexuality and various behaviors:
- Militant atheism
- Atheism and cowardice
- Atheism and morality
- Atheism and mass murder
- Atheism and uncharitableness
- Atheism and deception
- Atheism and suicide
- Atheism and obesity
- Atheism, pederasty and NAMBLA
- Atheism and the persecution of homosexuals
- Atheism and social outcasts
- Homosexual Couples and Domestic Violence
- Homosexuality and murders
- Homosexuality and the suppression of religious liberty
- Homosexuality Statistics
- Homosexuality and Illegal Drug Use
- Gay bathhouses
- Homosexual circuit parties and disease
- Homosexual activists' ideology and loss of life
- Homosexuality and pederasty
- Homosexuality and obesity
Atheism, homosexuality and various personal consequences:
Causes of homosexuality and atheism:
Comedy and satire:
- Atheism vs. Tim Tebow - Tebow wins
- The atheist and evolutionist helpline
- Does Richard Dawkins have machismo?
- Richard Dawkins and peanut butter
- ↑ Atheism and homosexuality
- ↑ http://www.barna.org/barna-update/article/5-barna-update/58-practical-outcomes-replace-biblical-principles-as-the-moral-standard
- ↑ BMJ. 1993 August 7; 307(6900): 337–338.
- ↑ Richard Dawkins speculates that gene for homosexuality exists
- ↑ http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/22/opinion/polls/main965223.shtml
- ↑ http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=764
- ↑ http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136
- ↑ http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp
- ↑ http://creation.com/web-cast-questions-and-answers-2002
- ↑ http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp
- ↑ ‘Gay’ Hero Frank Kameny Calls Believers “Christianofascists”; Library of Congress Honors “Gay Is Godly” Atheist
- ↑ Leaders from the 1960s: a biographical sourcebook of American activism By David De Leon, page 253
- ↑ Prominent Homosexual Activist Says Bestiality OK “As Long as the Animal Doesn’t Mind”
- ↑ http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/AnswersBook/existence1.asp