"Alternative facts" is part of the "word games" or doublespeak used by the Establishment and the Mainstream Media, in their efforts via fake news lists and other Thought Police-style tactics to combat the growth of Alternative News sites. The phrase went viral after Kellyanne Conway, special adviser to President Donald Trump, and Chuck Todd, host of NBC’s Meet the Press, discussed the size of the crowds at Trump’s inauguration on January 20, 2017. So-called crowd scientists said the crowds were far smaller than Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration, but the White House disagreed. "Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts", Conway said.
The social media frenzy, with the hashtag #AlternativeFacts compared the remark to doublespeak and had the added distinction of moving sales of George Orwell's dystopian novel 1984 to the top three of Amazon's bestsellers list.
In truth, it is liberals in politics and the media who engage in "alternative facts" themselves via the liberal media's dissemination of fake news and through Democrat politicians' careful crafting of narratives to cover up their own crimes and other illegal, unethical and immoral actions, both historical and current, while projecting their own undesirable attitudes onto Republican and conservative opponents and falsely attributing those attitudes to them. Communists have also historically engaged in "alternative facts" via their employment of historical revisionism to whitewash and deny Communist atrocities while engaging in moral equivalence attacks on the West, capitalism and democracy.
In 1949, George Orwell wrote the novel 1984, which portrays a socialist totalitarian state that limited freedom of thought by creating "Doublespeak". The political purpose of "Doublespeak" was to reduce the English language to simple concepts that reinforced the totalitarian dominance of the State. Moreover, words with negative meanings were removed, such that "bad" became "ungood".
Interestingly, the Mainstream Media under the Obama regime seemed all too willing to play word games and viewed people who crossed the border willingly as "Undocumented Immigrants" instead of illegal aliens. There have also been claims that the powers that be under Barack Obama changed the name of "global warming" to "climate change" in the light of new evidence disproving and discrediting "global warming".
Ministry of Truth
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, and people in positions of power at social media companies like Twitter’s Ministry of Truth-type Trust & Safety Council, are sympathetic to the Mainstream Media that promote the liberal views they share.
According to an EU Foreign Affairs and Security Policy spokeswoman, the European Union's East Stratcom Task Force set up in September 2015 will be getting additional employees in 2017 in order to counter "fake news" and "Russian interference" in new elections in France and Germany. Critics have theirs doubts about how effective the task force might be - not least because many people are likely to see it as an Orwellian Ministry of Truth for the EU.
- The Thought Police Are Here to Save You From "Fake News"
- NO ONE is entitled to "alternative facts"
- Alternative Facts From The Left/Liberals
- Liberals Are Proficient at Altering the Facts at NewsBlaze
- Nazism, Fascism, and Socialism Are All Rooted in Communism - "We can thank historical revisionism and plenty of mental gymnastics for the current narrative that socialism is somehow separate from Nazism and fascism and, even more so, the belief that these concepts are somehow divorced from their Communist origins."
- Victims of Communism main page - "This year, “living in truth” required us to condemn foreign governments, U.S. educational institutions, and publishing houses for historical revisionism. They are whitewashing the brutal record of Communist party rule in some 40 countries and obscuring the many atrocities committed in the name of the world’s deadliest ideology: Communism."
- Communism then and now at WND - "Historical revisionism has scrupulously tried to recast Marx in a more favorable light in modern times, especially as the body count for people murdered in Communist regimes has reached over 100 million (and counting)."
- Fake News Thought Police