Jared Polis is the liberal and homosexual governor of Colorado, serving since January 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, he served in the United States House of Representatives from 2009 to 2019.
Polis was one of the richest members of Congress, Polis was "the first openly gay man elected to the House as a nonincumbent," and a radical activist. He was the sponsor of the Homosexual Classrooms Act.
Polis used the slogan "hatred has no place in the classroom" to promote the bill, probably making a reference to hate speech rules. But critics, such as Neal McCluskey, associate director of the Center for Educational Freedom at the Cato Institute, have charged that hate crimes laws do less to stop "hate speech" against individuals than to censor any criticism of protected groups or their activities. A minister preaching against homosexuality from the pulpit can be arrested, on the grounds that his blanket criticism of sin is "hurtful" to those who choose to engage in the sin preached against. A militant atheist, in June 2013, he introduced a bill in the U.S. House of Representatives that would have created "atheist chaplains" in the U.S. military.
As Colorado governor, Polis supported several leftist measures.
Polis founded and ran several high-tech start-ups including Bluemountain.com, American Information Systems, Inc., Proflowers.com and Dan's Chocolates.
While still attending Princeton University, Polis co-founded his first company, American Information Systems, a success he followed with the launching of bluemountain.com and proflowers.com. He has been named an “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Ernst and Young.
First elected to represent Colorado's Second Congressional District in 2008, Polis serves on the powerful Committee on Rules. He also serves on the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee, as a Democratic Caucus Regional Whip, co-chairman of the New Democrat Coalition Education Task Force, chair of the Immigration Task Force of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, and co-chairman of the LGBT Equality Caucus. Additionally, he co-chairs the U.S.-Mexico Congressional Caucus and the Congressional Caucus on Nepal, and is a member of the U.S. Air Force Academy Board of Visitors.
Congressional Progressive Caucus
Polis is a Jew.
- Homosexual agenda
- Atheism and public schools
- Politically correct Indoctrination by Public schools in the United States and Common Core Public school values, Professor values, Liberal values, Hollywood values, Fashion industry values, San Francisco values, and Gun control Propaganda
- The 10 Wealthiest Members of Congress
- Gay Discrimination Bill Will Stifle Free Speech, Advance 'Homosexual Agenda,' Critics Say
- Richardson, Valerie (April 8, 2019). Recall redux: Jared Polis, Colorado Democrats hit with voter revolt over leftist agenda. The Washington Times. Retrieved April 9, 2019.
- congressional bio, accessed Aug. 1, 2011
- Congressional Progressive Caucus website: Caucus Member List