Rob Reiner is a liberal American film director, producer and actor. Best known for his role as Michael "Meathead" Stivic on the 1970s American television sitcom All in the Family. Well known movies directed by him include This Is Spinal Tap, Stand by Me or Rumor Has It….
Reiner has called for civil war; he even ludicrously called President Donald Trump "the new leader of the Confederacy" while ignoring that the Confederacy was a creation of the Democrats and was a single-party rogue state under Democrat rule during the Civil War.
The Democracy Integrity Project
- See also: Trump-Russia collusion hoax
The Democracy Integrity Project (TDIP), was a multimillion-dollar stealth organization launched in late January 2017, just days after President Donald Trump's inauguration, that provided a daily "research" bulletin known as "TDIP Research" to recognizable Washington journalists, and congressional staff members, to keep the Russia "collusion" hoax alive. TDIP is funded by Rob Reiner, Tom Steyer, George Soros, with further donations from social media outlets. Reportedly, "Social media titans including the founders of Facebook, Twitter and Google are indirectly funding the project through donations funneled through a Silicon Valley foundation." The nonprofit, 501(c)(4) social welfare organization, Fund for a Better Future (FBF), donated $2,065,000 to TDIP in 2017.
TDIP raised some $7 million mainly from Silicon Valley tech executives and hired computer researchers, as well as FusionGPS opposition researchers and Christopher Steele, the foreign author of the discredited Steele dossier, to “prove” the rumors in the dossier. In March 2019, it was reported that Paul Sperry had exposed TDIP, which is essentially a "Trump-Russia 2.0: Dossier-Tied Firm Pitching Journalists Daily news on Collusion" spreading lies and fake news to keep the "Trump-Russian collusion" false news narrative alive in main stream media reporting. As they sought new dirt on Trump, they fed their information to fake news media outlets, leading Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee, namely Sens. Mark Warner and Ron Wyden, and the FBI.
RealClearInvestigations revealed that the organization ran an elaborate media-influence operation intent on driving and shaping daily coverage of the Trump-Russia collusion narrative, including the pushing of stories regarding Trump in the national main stream media, intending to tie the president or his associates to the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin. TDIP then provided the same "research" to the FBI and congressional investigators and then informs news reporters that "authorities" are investigating those items. Thus, mirroring a strategy federal authorities used to secure FISA warrants that were then used to spy on the Trump presidential campaign, in which, FISA applications would cite published news reports that were leaked to the news media to gain credibility.
TDIP was founded and is run by former Senate Intelligence Committee (SSCI) staffer Daniel J. Jones with help from Biden National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan and Clinton Campaign Chairman John Podesta. Jones is a former FBI investigator, Clinton administration volunteer and was on the staff of California Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein. Jones registered TDIP as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization and claims it's mission is "non-partisan". Jones and TDIP hired opposition research firm Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier, to continue anti-Trump research and fake news leaks to mainstream media. TDIP used as a backup plan to impeach President Donald Trump because the Mueller investigation report failed to expose any criminal wrongdoing. Special Counsel John Durham subpoenaed Jones to testify before his grand jury hearing the case on the origins of the Trump-Russia collusion hoax, along with computer experts and researchers recruited by Clinton attorney Michael Sussmann for the Clinton campaign's Trump-Russia hoax.
- "Debra Ollivier: Rob Reiner On The Magic Of Belle Isle And 'Living Your Life Until You Can't'", Huffingtonpost.com, June 23, 2012. Retrieved on October 11, 2012.
- "We're not equal? How are we not equal?" Rob Reiner on Real Time with Bill Maher, in response to Maher's statement, "I would argue atheists are [not considered equal under the law]". Maher then stated, "For a group that is about 17 percent now... no representation in congress..." to which Reiner replied, "You're right about that-that we don't have that representation. I include myself in that same 17 percent...." "Real Time with Bill Maher".
- Rob Reiner: Senate Must Convict Trump, ‘New Leader of the Confederacy,’ to Win ‘Our Continuing Civil War’ at Breitbart News Network
- Sarah Lee | Red State, Rob Reiner’s Role in Russia Collusion Smear, https://www.redstate.com/slee/2019/03/21/rob-reiners-role-russia-collusion-smear/, March 21, 2019
- New York Times, How Vilification of George Soros Moved From the Fringes to the Mainstream, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/31/us/politics/george-soros-bombs-trump.html, October 31, 2018
- Chuck Ross | The Daily Caller, Soros Has Given $1 Million To Group Linked To Fusion GPS For Trump-Russia Investigation, https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/31/george-soros-fusion-gps-trump-funding/, October 31, 2018
- Fund for a Better Future | About Us, http://fundforabetterfuture.org/
- Georgette | Conservative Daily Post, 'Shadow Media's' Dark Money Funded $2 Million To 'Investigate' Donald Trump, https://conservativedailypost.com/shadow-medias-dark-money-funded-2-million-to-investigate-donald-trump/, March 11, 2019
- Paul Sperry | Real Clear Investigations, Trump-Russia 2.0: Dossier-Tied Firm Pitching Journalists Daily on 'Collusion", http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3736082/posts, March 20, 2019
- The Federalist, Soros-Funded PR Shop Constructing Media Echo Chamber To Push Impeachment, https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/21/soros-funded-pr-shop-constructing-media-echo-chamber-push-impeachment/, March 21, 2019
- WMD, Media being fed 'total B.S.' in multimillion-dollar stealth campaign, https://www.wnd.com/2019/03/media-being-fed-total-b-s-in-multimillion-dollar-stealth-campaign/, March 20, 2019
- Chuck Ross | The Daily Caller, Meet The Board Of The Fusion GPS-Linked Group Investigating Trump, https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/12/democracy-integrity-trump-fusion/, December 12, 2018