|Chair of the Democratic National Committee|
From: February 25, 2017 – January 21, 2021
|26th United States Secretary of Labor|
From: July 23, 2013 – January 20, 2017
|President||Barack Hussein Obama|
Thomas Edward "Tom" Perez (born October 7, 1961) is a far-left American politician and chair of the Democratic National Committee since 2017. A member of the Democrat Party, Perez was the United States Secretary of Labor under Barack Obama from 2013 to 2017. Prior to that, he served as the Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice.
Perez was backed by the Obama/Clinton faction of the Democrat Party running against Rep. Keith Ellison, who was endorsed by Bernie Sanders. Perez was a major player in rigging the nomination for Hillary Clinton as the party's nominee in 2016 Presidential election. As the consummate establishment insider who subverted Bernie Sanders' supporters, Perez was able to rig the election of himself as Chair, again subverting the aspirations of Progressive Democrats.
Despite his and other Democrat's criticisms of President Trump for allegedly having a poor personality and using poor language, Perez has himself proudly used filthy language in political speeches, such as saying that Republicans "don't give a s***" about voters or "the people." As a further sign regarding his party's hypocritical decline into using filthy language occurred when it, around the same time as Perez's comments, started selling shirts saying that "Democrats give a s*** about people." This showed a blatant departure from Michelle Obama's "when they go low, we go high" phrase she and Democrats enjoyed using. Perez's use of cuss words coincided with a dramatic increase in swearing by the entire Democrat Party.
In April 2017, Perez became the first DNC chairman to demand that members of his party strictly conform to his extreme pro-abortion positions. His comments were so extreme that even Nancy Pelosi criticized him. An immediate consequence of Perez's comments was that they helped contribute to the defeat a Democrat candidate for Omaha, Nebraska mayor in a "nationally watched" election in a city that Clinton won in 2016.
Perez gave his support for Nancy Pelosi because she was "singularly responsible" for Obama Care. He called a Trump Administration decision to re-add a citizenship question to the U.S. Census "a craven attack on our democracy."
Due to Democrat corruption and election rigging, the Associated Press refused to declare a 2020 Iowa Caucus winner. Democrats called upon party chairman Tom Perez to resign after rigged results. In his signature arrogant manner Perez poo-poo'ed calls for his resignation, and said Democrat voters who were cheated would just have to wait until next year to replace him.
- DNC's Perez says Trump a bully, 'didn't win election'. Fox News. April 1, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- Weber, Joseph (April 20, 2017). Dems' new message: Republicans 'don’t give a sh-t’. Fox News. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- Nazarian, Adelle (July 11, 2017). DNC Chair Tom Perez Doubles Down: Republicans ‘Don’t Give a Sh*t About the People’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Freddoso, David (April 20, 2017). Change is here: Dems go from prudish ads to selling 'sh*t' shirts. Washington Examiner. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- Nazarian, Adelle (April 28, 2017). America Rising PAC Releases Ad Highlighting Democratic Party’s ‘Race to the Bottom’. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- Caton, Alex (April 24, 2017). Why Democrats Are Dropping More F-Bombs Than Ever. Politico. Retrieved May 12, 2017.
- Williams, Thomas D. (April 23, 2017). DNC Chair Calls for Abortion Rights Litmus Test for Democrats. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Berry, Susan (April 29, 2017). Democrats Reel from DNC Chair’s Announcement That Party Will Exclude Pro-Life Candidates. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- Derespina, Cody (April 24, 2017). Tom Perez draws rebuke from Pelosi after declaring Dems can't be pro-life. Fox News. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Kotta, Kristine (May 16, 2017). Omaha misstep costs Democrats a mayoral seat and perhaps more. Fox News. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Richardson, Valerie (May 10, 2017). Democrat’s abortion politics fail to unseat Republican mayor of Omaha, Nebraska. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Persons, Sally (June 22, 2017). Perez defends Pelosi, says she’s ‘singularly responsible’ for Obamacare. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Dinan, Stephen (March 27, 2018). DNC: Asking citizenship is ‘craven attack on our democracy’. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 27, 2018.