Atheist death toll
The statistics that are the result of irreligious genocide stagger the imagination. My source is The Guinness Book of World Records. Look up the category "Judicial" and under the subject of "Crimes: Mass Killings," the greatest massacre ever imputed by the government of one sovereign against the government of another is 26.3 million Chinese during the regime of Mao Tse Tung between the years of 1949 and May 1965. The Walker Report published by the U.S. Senate Committee of the Judiciary in July 1971 placed the parameters of the total death toll in China since 1949 between 32 and 61.7 million people. An estimate of 63.7 million was published by Figaro magazine on November 5, 1978. In the U.S.S.R. the Nobel Prize winner, Alexander Solzhenitsyn estimates the loss of life from state repression and terrorism from October 1917 to December 1959 under Lenin and Stalin and Khrushchev at 66.7 million. Finally, in Cambodia (and this was close to me because I lived in Thailand in 1982 working with the broken pieces of the Cambodian holocaust from 1975 to 1979) "as a percentage of a nation's total population, the worst genocide appears to be that in Cambodia, formerly Kampuchea. According to the Khmer Rouge foreign minister, more than one third of the eight million Khmer were killed between April 17, 1975 and January 1979. One third of the entire country was put to death under the rule of Pol Pott, the founder of the Communist Part of Kampuchea. During that time towns, money and property were abolished. Economic execution by bayonet and club introduced for such offenses as falling asleep during the day, asking to too many questions, playing non-communist music, being old and feeble, being the offspring of an undesirable, or being too well educated. In fact, deaths in the Tuol Sleng interrogation center in Pnom Penh, which is the capitol of Kampuchea, reached 582 in a day."
China under Mao Tse Tung, 26.3 million Chinese. According the Walker Report, 63.7 million over the whole period of time of the Communist revolution in China. Solzhenitsyn says the Soviet Union put to death 66.7 million people. Kampuchea destroyed one third of their entire population of eight million Cambodians. The Chinese in medieval history, somewhere in the vicinity of 35 million and 40 million people. Ladies and gentlemen, make note that these deaths were the result of organizations or points of view or ideologies that had left God out of the equation. None of these involve religion. And all but the very last actually assert atheism.
In 5 uncomfortable facts atheists need to hear, Barak Lurie, the author of "Atheism Kills", states:
Fascism and communism - both of which were atheist ideologies - murdered more than 150 million people in the 20th Century alone. Communist and other godless regimes have continued to kill hundreds of thousands since. Add the millions of rapes, tortures and enslavements by these same godless regimes, and you’ve got yourself a pretty ugly picture.
- Atheism and Mass Murder
- Militant atheism
- League of Militant Atheists
- Martyred in the USSR: Militant Atheism in the former Soviet Union
- Atheistic communism and torture
- Atheism and sociopathy
- Atheism and the suppression of science
- Atheism and violence
- List of atheist shooters and serial killers
- What About Atrocities That Have Been Done in the Name of Religion. Evidence for God (14 April 2008). Retrieved on 13 October 2019.
- Horrific human toll of 'militant atheism' exposed. WND (23 March 2013).
- The Real Murderers: Atheism or Christianity?. Stand To Reason (20 February 2013). Retrieved on 13 October 2019.
- 5 uncomfortable facts atheists need to hear. Premier Christianity (6 March 2018).
- Horrific human toll of 'militant atheism' exposed by Bob Unruh
- CS Monitor - Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history by Dinesh D'Souza