Bee's parents separated soon after her birth, and she was initially raised by her grandmother, who sent her to Catholic schools. Bee spent her freshman year at McGill University, where she studied humanities. Bee transferred to the University of Ottawa after her first year and took a theatre class. Bee later enrolled in the George Brown Theatre School in Toronto.
In 2001, Bee married Jason Jones. They have three children.
Bee left The Daily Show in 2015 to start up her own spinoff show, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, which debuted on February 8, 2016, on TBS. On that show, she goes even further than she did on The Daily Show, resorting to bigotry, projection and liberal use of foul language, name-calling and even outright lies and the use of fake news in her deliberate mischaracterizations and attacks of religion, conservative politicians, public figures and the general public who refuse to embrace liberal agendas (such as "global warming", the homosexual agenda, abortion, feminism, gun control, support for Islam and supporting both the Obama regime and the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign), which she tries to pass off as "comedy" or "satire" but invariably falls flat as pathetic and unfunny. During her reports, she also often behaves like a dimwitted, middle-aged teenybopper, which is very little of a stretch for her as she basically cheerleads for and fawns over Obama, Hillary and other liberal politicians and public figures in those same segments.
Not surprisingly, liberal media outlets have gushed over Bee and heaped unwarranted and undeserved praise over her show, but members of the public have been far more scathingly critical of the show, her hosting, her "comedic" style and even her intelligence (or lack thereof). Conservative media have not shown much regard for Bee either, criticizing her for her dishonesty, her attacks on and lies about conservatives and traditional values, her callous and ill-considered attacks on people suffering illness by comparing them to "Nazis" and her use of foul language on her show.
"Nazi hair" controversy
On the March 8, 2017 edition of Full Frontal, Bee stepped up her stupidity level by callously making an ill-considered comparison of Kyle Coddington, an attendee of the February 2017 conservative CPAC conference, to a "Nazi" because of his close-cropped haircut. The following day, Bee was chastized on Twitter by Coddington's sister, Megan Coddington, for the cruel barb, revealing that her brother has stage four brain cancer. Bee subsequently took down the offending video clip from her YouTube page (although the original video was saved by NewsBusters as a reminder of her comment) and offered a hollow "apology" for the tasteless remark, but the damage had been done as she received a heavy amount of criticism on Twitter for it, while she was roasted for the comment on Fox News Channel. Although it was later reported that Coddington received $1,000 from Full Frontal at his GoFundMe account toward the treatment of his cancer (out of a total of $85,323 he has received to date, most of it coming from other donors following the controversy), the $1,000 donation came from the show's production staff, with very little of it (if any) coming from Bee personally, exposing the meaninglessness of her "apology".
Ivanka Trump controversy
On the May 30, 2018 episode of Full Frontal, Bee descended to new lows in tastelessness and offensiveness when she made lewd, disgusting and vulgar comments about President Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump following the publication of a photo of Ivanka with her infant son Theodore Kushner. In her attack on Ivanka in the episode, Bee used a vulgar and offensive sexual epithet to refer to the First Daughter and suggested that she try "seducing" her father to get him to change his mind on his policies against illegal immigration. Bee was not only heavily criticized for her crude and vicious remarks by the conservative media and by the public, but some fellow liberal media pundits even distanced themselves from Bee because of the controversy (although, not surprisingly, several liberal celebrities stood by Bee and her attack on Ivanka and were themselves subsequently criticized by the public on Twitter for hypocritically defending Bee and her offensive comments).
Also as a result of Bee's stupidity in her remarks, she lost two sponsors from her show when advertisers Autotrader and State Farm Insurance pulled their ads from Full Frontal,, while Trump himself condemned Bee for her comments and suggested that TBS and parent company Time Warner should fire her and cancel her show and First Lady Melania Trump likewise harshly criticized Bee for her words and the media for their irresponsible allowance of such remarks, as well as hatred and bigotry from liberal celebrities like Bee overall, on television and online. In response to the controversy she generated, Bee issued another "apology" via Twitter which was later exposed as hollow and meaningless when she essentially denied responsibility for her comments and dismissively minimized the damage she caused with them while continuing to rant about Trump's attempts to deal with illegal immigration (including falsely accusing him of the separation of illegal immigrant children from their parents - which was actually the responsibility of the parents themselves and occurred during the Obama regime) during an acceptance speech for an award presented to her by the Television Academy on May 31, 2018. Media Research Council president Brent Bozell weighed in on the situation as well, criticizing the Television Academy for honoring Bee in light of her vulgar anti-Trump remarks, as well as for blocking the media from attending the event in an attempt to shield Bee from justified criticism for her irresponsible comments, and slamming them for cowardice and maintaining a hypocritical double standard in defending Bee while attacking conservatives and their values, then also called on TBS to punish Bee for her hateful comments by canceling her show.
In February 2020, Bee ran a seven-minute segment and posted various tweets attacking conservative non-profit Prager University. She called it "dangerous" and "evil," and accused it of "brainwashing" the youth through, "bulls*** conservative propaganda." She was widely condemned in conservative circles and even by some classical liberals, many of whom are PragerU contributors, on her Twitter account and on the offending clip on her show's YouTube channel. PragerU and some Twitter users thanked Bee for giving the organization media exposure and attention to the tune of over $32,000 in donations from more than 750 people in a single day. Bee simultaneously denied reality by claiming that Big Tech censorship of conservatives is "non-existent". Dennis Prager, who founded PragerU, discussed this issue during one of his "Fireside Chats," where he thanked Samantha Bee for bringing people's attention to PragerU and remarked that her "jokes" were not even humorous.
- Regurgitates liberal lies over and over at IMDb
- Samantha Bee: Fake News at Its Finest
- It's time to 'Bee' movin' on.... at IMDb
- Her new show will bomb spectacularly at IMDb
- For a Canadian who has issues with guns... at IMDb
- NOT FUNNY at IMDb
- One Trick Pony at IMDb
- She's terrible at IMDb
- Who is this middle aged big mouth? at IMDb
- Smackdown: Samantha Bee Makes Idiotic Gun Control Remarks. Crowder Rebuts… at Louder with Crowder
- Sam Bee's Full Frontal Mocks Young Man for His 'Nazi Hair'; He Actually Has Cancer at NewsBusters
- TBS’s Samantha Bee Trashes Ted Cruz: "He Once Killed an Abortion Doctor Through Prayer" at LifeNews.com
- Samantha Bee to Ivanka: "Do Something About Your Dad's Immigration Policies, You Feckless ****" at Breitbart.com
- Samantha Bee's Slam of 'Nazi Hair' Youth Raises Thousands to Treat His Brain Cancer at NewsBusters
- Samantha Bee Claims She’s an "Independent", Ignores Criticism About Show's "Salty Language" at NewsBusters
- Gonzalez, Sandra (January 30, 2017). Samantha Bee is throwing her own party the same night as White House Correspondents' Dinner. Retrieved on March 10, 2017.
- Hollywood Celebrates Samantha Bee Calling Ivanka Trump a "****" at Breitbart.com (Warning: Contains celebrity tweets with foul language)
- Report: Samantha Bee's Low-Rated TBS Show Can't Afford to Lose Another Advertiser at Breitbart.com
- Trump Asks Why TBS, Time Warner Aren't Firing Samantha Bee at Breitbart.com
- Samantha Bee Defends Calling Ivanka Trump a "****" at TV Academy Awards at Breitbart.com (Warning: Contains foul language)
- Melania Trump: Media Often Silent on Hate from Likes of Samantha Bee at Breitbart.com
- Samantha Bee Says Outrage Over Her "Bad Word" Was Just a Distraction From Trump at Media Research Council
- MRC’s Bozell Slams TV Academy for Banning Press, Honoring Bee After Ivanka Slur at NewsBusters
- Prager U Wants You! (To Become a Conservative) at Full Frontal with Samantha Bee YouTube channel (Warning: Contains liberal nonsense, lies and foul language)
- Samantha Bee gets ratioed after using her show to brand PragerU as “dangerous”
- Why PragerU Is Thanking Samantha Bee For Attacking Them
- EXPOSED: Samantha Bee's Censorship Lies! at Louder with Crowder YouTube channel